Chapter 16

Your Choice

 

 

Heh. Another update. You know, I might as well ditch boys and start dating my laptop. I mean, it's SOO irresistable D; LOL and this chapter is mainly Myungyeol and some indirect Woogyu because...well...I was in that mood to write about Myungyeol :D

“Here, lay down there,” Sungyeol instructed, helping L let go of his arm and rest onto his bed. “I’ll get you something to drink.”

            L nodded, closing his eyes. Really, what was this? Usually when he felt sick he would just take a painkiller…but. Right. Usually he was at home, so he wouldn’t have to kill himself by walking.

            From his pocket, L heard his phone ring. He didn’t want to get it, but he knew that nobody called him unless they had a reason. Looking around the room, he found that Sungyeol wasn’t back from the kitchen.

            Reaching into his pocket, he grabbed the phone and saw the caller ID was Woohyun. His eyes widened, picking it up right away.

            “Hyung?” He asked in a raspy, sickened voice.

            “L? Are you okay?”

            “Yeah, Hyung, I’m fine. What’s wrong?”

            “Oh, nothing,” Woohyun replied. “I just called because you weren’t home yet, which is strange.”

            “Why’re you home so early then, hyung?”

            Hint of hesitation. L really knew his brother too well. “Seriously, hyung, I’m fine. Perfectly fine.” In the hands of Sungyeol, he had to be fine, right?

            “Alright,” Woohyun sighed. “Sunggyu and I…we kind of got into a fight.”

            “What?!” L screamed, feeling his head hurt. Calming down, he tried not to kill his brother over the phone. They had just gotten together – what could break them apart so easily?

            “Geez, L…I wouldn’t really consider it a fight, though. I just walked away…”

            Taking another long breath, L asked, “What happened?”

            “Why won’t he let it go, L?” Woohyun asked, sounding frustrated. “Why does he want to know? And I already told him that I didn’t want to tell anybody about it…”

            “About what? Hyung, you gotta tell me.”

            A pause.

            “Hyung…”

            “Alright…about why I was acting all weird and depressed that one week three years ago. The thing that caused us to break up.”

            “Oh.”

            “Yeah, L.”

            “Hyung, I’m so –“

            “Stop it. Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault, okay?”

            “But it is –“

            “No it’s NOT. Just…let’s not talk about it, alright?”

            Nodding, L swallowed a gulp that was in his throat. He looked up, finding Sungyeol walking towards him with a tray that had a cup of water and pills on it.

            Who’s that? Sungyeol mouthed to him, trying not to make a sound.

            Nobody, L mouthed back. He then turned his attention back to the phone. “Whatever you say, hyung, Hey, I gotta go…I’ll be back later tonight, alright?”

            “Got it. See you.”

            With a press on his phone, L threw it to the side and sat up. “Are those painkillers?”

            Sungyeol nodded, laying it on the table next to him and sitting down on his bed with L. “I didn’t know what you wanted…and my dorm has absolutely nothing…so this was the best I could do.”

            L gave him a small smile, then reached for the pill, drinking it down with the water. After finishing the rest of the cup, he put it down. “Thanks again, Sungyeol.”

            “It’s no problem,” Sungyeol answered, standing up and bringing the tray back to the kitchen. “I mean, it’s like what I said the other day. I usually always have people comforting me…so it’s nice to have somebody I can worry about for a change.”

            Nodding weakly, L could feel his headache begin to disappear.

            “Hey, you sure you okay?” Sungyeol asked as he walked out of the kitchen. “You didn’t look fine during school today.”

            “I know,” L said, feeling himself getting sweaty. “It usually happens to me all the time, but I was usually at home, so I had access to painkillers.”

            “You’re perspiring,” Sungyeol examined. “You should take off your jacket. Here, I –“

            “No.” L backed away from Sungyeol’s helping hands. “No. I…I’ll keep the jacket on. It’s fine, I like jackets. It’ll keep me warm.”

            Sighing, Sungyeol knew he couldn’t do anything unless L was unconscious. “Alright. But if you die for overheating, don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

            L couldn’t crack a smile because he was utterly serious. He and Woohyun had been so careful not to expose any skin besides their hands, neck, and face. Luckily, their uniforms covered all that was needed to be covered. Underneath the uniform jacket, though, was the required t-shirt that the students had to wear. If either he or his brother took off their uniform jacket, the whole school would think that they were used as a human punching bag. Which was, actually, in a small way, true.

            “You really don’t look okay.” Sungyeol sat back down and held his hand to L’s forehead. “Your fever’s going down, though. Seriously, does this happen to you all the time?”

            Sheepishly, L nodded. After googling the issue, he found out that he had a very disastrous type of cancer and that he would die in a few hours. After going to the doctor, he found out that it was due to always wearing warm clothes in hot weather (jackets, jeans). He was told to stop, but there was no way he could. But now he knew that in a few month’s time when the last of his bruises were gone, he could go wear normal clothes.

            “You’re a strange person, you know that?” Sungyeol noted, putting his chin on his right hand and staring at L intently.

            “Oh, I’m the strange person? Have you seen yourself?” L finally smiled, seeing Sungyeol’s face grow into a pout.

            “Shut up.” Sungyeol pushed L’s hands off of knees and laid down, resting his head in the younger boy’s lap. “I didn’t get my coffee today, either, and I’m tired.”

            L’s smile gradually grew larger as he watched his hyung fall asleep immediately on his lap. His hair was messed around his face, but L could still see his beautiful skin. He cringed, though, when Sungyeol turned his head a little and he saw the six piercings on his ear.

            He managed to ignore it and looked back at Sungyeol. Just a minute ago he was the in need of care. Slowly, he moved Sungyeol’s bangs out of his eyes and stared at his face,

            “M – Myungsoo,” Sungyeol muttered quietly in his sleep, squirming a little in L’s grasp.

            Immediately, L’s hands dropped from Sungyeol’s face. Myungsoo? Was Sungyeol calling for him?

            Wait. No. His name was L, not Myungsoo. He never wanted to be called Myungsoo again. But the way Sungyeol said his name…

YAY. CHAPTER 16. :D and I would like to say that I've reached over 45 subscribers :3 my sister said I wouldn't be able to make it over 10. Well. I proved her wrong. :)

COMMENT REPLIES~~

@B1A4Katie1: *twitch*...Sunggyu didn't go after him...yepyep Hwayoung likes Sungjong~~no way he's gonna be alone now, eh? :P

@dojorokergirl: you're right. I spoil you guys too  much. I should just go on a half-year hiatus and stop writing. >.> JAYKAY LOL I'LL JUST KEEP SPOILING YOU GUYS. Hehe nope, he has somebody now~~ and thankyouu, I'll try :)

@i_L: ASDFGHJKL YEP I DID. LOL I can't stop laughing at your comment...don't worry, this is the internet, nobody can see that your foaming is unnattractive. ;D and ikr -_- the tables have turned. Hoya is no longer the oblivious  naive one...IT'S SUNGJONG. LOLOL SUNGYEOL'S CREEPY? Well then. You should tell Myungsoo not to get sick anymore so he doesn't have to be serious :D and I'M TRYING. BUT IT'S SO HARD. I'M FAITHFUL...I'M JUST ALSO FAITHFUL TO OTHER GROUPS AS WELL....:DD

@IAmMeMyself: ANOTHER MYUNGEYOL INTERACTION~~ I'm pretty sure it's mid-sept, but don't kill me if I'm wrong[i'm probably wrong]...and duh. Nothing is complete without Kevin ^^ LOL OR SOOHYUN OR HOON OR ELI OR KISEOP OR DONGHO. but...byebye for now AJ...*weeps weridly at the screen*

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: LOL THANK YOUSS♥ OMFG FUNNY THING IS I was awake at that time :P I was up texting my friend, then I got the alert that people were commenting...when I read yours, I was like HEHEHEHEHE IT'S 2:03 OVER HERE TOO :D but I couldn't reply ._. BUT THANK YOU...LOLOL I'm glad you liked that part, I just wrote it out of instinct...my mom's a face potion-thingy obsessor (sorry. excuse my lack of face potion-thingy knowledge) and I always thought that it looked like the cream cheese my dad bought...LOL I guess Dongwoo just had the same thoughts that I did :)

@luvkpop: I'm not a big ze:a fan, but really...HE'S HOT...LOL I seriously need to come to the realization that all Kpop guys are hot *.* AHAHAHA IKR. SUNGJONG, THE ONE THAT LOOKS THE GAYEST [no offense] OUT OF ALL OF THEM...IS THE STRAIGHT ONE :D don't worry, myungjong won't occur...but I don't hate them because you know...Sungjong's my other bias...even if I really wanna strangle him for ruining Myungyeol, I just can't...

@pripri: AWWW THANKYOUUU. And uh...nothing's wrong with Myungsoo...but Sungyeol fixed it with his water and painkillers :DD and ikr. stupid Sunggyu (*cleverly trying to avert all the blame from me to Sunggyu*). And yes, Hwayoung has liked Sungjong for three years...OMG REALLY? Aw, I'm so sorry :( you can always find somebody better~~ [cough the longest I've ever liked a guy was probably a few months...heh] And of courseee Hoya likes Dongwoo! :) this is the Yadong couple we're talking about here~~ and YOU WELCOMEE.

@kpopluv7: LOL HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE!  I probably will, seeing as I'm very socially deprived. And um...L's sickness...is just a cold...LOL I'm sorry, but he's not going to end up in a hospital anytime soon. And hello, seeing a serious Yeollie is always scary. [confession time....I THOUGHT SUNGYEOL WAS THE SERIOUS ONE IN THE GROUP THE FIRST TIME I SAW HIM IN THE CHASER MV..I feel so stupid saying that...] I mean, seriously...did you watch Ranking King? The first ep when Sungyeol was all serious? I was like...WHAT HAPPENED?! WHAT THE FREAK HAPPENED TO MY CHODING? *must resist from telling you what happened* HEHEHEHE MY IRESSISTABLE LAPTOP LVOES ME. But I'm not saying anything about that...::shhh::

@Aleera: I WANNA TELL WHAT HAPPENED...BUT I'M GONNA RUIN EVERYTHING...so no. Not just yet. AND GONGCHAN'S MY BIAS TOOO~~ so is Jinyoung :3 probably the main reason why I ship Jinchan so hard...hehe...AND IKR. ^^read above comment reply to i_L...hehehehe :) and I usually don't either...the only boy/girl pairing I ship in real life is Lunew [Luna and Onew...BECAUSE THEY'RE SO CUTEEEE.] BUT NOW WE HAVE HWAJONG~~

@federweiss: AWW HERE'S ANOTHER MYUNGYEOL CHAPTER FOR YOU <3~~

@inspirit-kay: isn't he sweet? :) AND YEP, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! [my mind really isn't that great....hehe] and YEP I READ YOUR FIC...it's good, trust me :) LOL IT'S OKAY. I'M ON A LAPTOP RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T ENTER BETWEEN MY TOPIC CHANGES. [ik, it looks weird when you read the comments...] LOL you guys can keep following each other around here ;3 I don't mind~~ LOLOL HOYA ADDICT ALERT HERE. Hehe I'm just surprised I remember my password to my twitter lolol

OMG THAT WAS...*counting* *came back from counting* 11 COMMENTS. YAY IT'S A STEP FORWARD. :) I really do love reading your comments...they brighten my day before I have to go ruin it at school ^^ :DDDDDD SO BYEBYE, I'LL TRY UPDATING IT AS FAST AS I ALREADY DO BUT IF I DON'T...JUST DON'T KILL ME. :D love youuuuu♥