Chapter 8

Your Choice

 

The last chapter I'm uploading today because my summer course is about to start in an hour and I haven't gotten ready yet ._. Aight, and because it's the last for today, there's a surprise at the end. You'll find out about what Woohyun did to Sunggyu. NO, DON'T YOU DARE SKIP TO THE END. Read this all first :)

“Hyung! HYUNG, OPEN THE DOOR, WILL YOU? I’VE BEEN KNOCKING FOR TEN STRAIGHT MINUTES.”

            Sungjong groaned, kicking the door. Why wasn’t Sunggyu answering? He knew that Jinyoung was never home anyway, but where was Sunggyu? Seriously, his hyung had nowhere else to be.

            “Please hyung?!” Sungjong begged, pounding on the door again. He felt the wind hit the piece of paper that he was clutching – his homework. Sungjong was this close to completely failing the class (in ways very similar to Sungyeol), so he knew in order to pass the tenth grade, he had to do anything that he could to bump up his grade. And, after all, 45% of all grade credit was homework. And the smartest person he knew thus far, was Sunggyu.

            “What do you want?”

            The door opened to reveal a messed-up looking Sunggyu, His hair was splattered all over the place, wet. Ah. So that was why. He was taking a shower.

            Letting out one of his huge smiles, Sungjong held out his homework. “Please, hyung? I really wanna pass. Like, really.”

            “Aish, why don’t you just ask Dongwoo for help?!”

            Rolling his eyes, Sungjong had to hold in a laugh. “Really, hyung? Dongwoo? I’m surprised he even managed to pass his class.”

            Sunggyu scratched his head, knowing what Sungjong was talking about. Dongwoo, despite how totally amazing he was, wasn’t the smartest person alive. And Sunggyu knew that having the kid with him would ease his mind off his Woohyun pain.

            “Come in and lock the door,” Sunggyu finally decided, walking off and leaving the door wide open. With a “YAY” form Sungjong, the door shut close and Sungjong was now sitting on Sunggyu’s bed.

            “Number three. And five. Oh, and the one after this. OH, AND THE WORD PROBLEM. WAIT, NO. ALL FOUR WORD PROBLEMS. Wait. Never mind, all of them.”

            Letting out a small smile, Sunggyu scanned the homework. Problem was, no matter how hard he stared and tried reading…his mind just shot back to Woohyun. What was he doing right now? Did he get home okay? Was he still mad at him for hurting L?

            “Hyung, what’s wrong?”

            Snapping back to reality, Sunggyu stared at Sungjong for a second. “What do you mean ‘what’s wrong’?”

            Sungjong shrugged, bouncing on the bed. “You don’t look like yourself. And you’re not concentrating on the paper, which is unusual. Something happened, didn’t it? What happened? Did you and Dongwoo get in a fight? Or maybe you and Sungyeol?”

            “Don’t even start with me about Sungyeol,” Sunggyu said, gritting his teeth. He was so close to completely ripping up Sungjong’s homework but then remembered that, well, it was his homework.

            “Oooooooh. What happened?”

            Sunggyu shook his head, looking away. He couldn’t even believe that hypocrite. Sungyeol knew very well that he wasn’t on good terms with Woohyun or his little brother. Yet Sungyeol still had the nerve to hang out with him? What was this?!

            Okay, so maybe he should’ve explained the situation to Sungyeol. But how could he? It was never the right moment to tell anybody anything. He didn’t even know why he cared so much about Woohyun – that complete and total cheating, lying, idiotic bastard.

            “Hyung? Calm down, hyung. You’re not okay.”

            “I’m fine,” Sunggyu said quietly, waving his hand. “Just…never mind. Let’s just not talk about it.”
            Satisfied with the answer, Sungjong nodded. “Okay, so back to my home –“

            “Hyung!”

            The two of them turned to see Sungyeol at the doorway. Obviously, Sungjong had managed to forget to lock the door.

            Carefully, Sungyeol gulped and started inching closer. “Look, Sunggyu, I’m sorry. It’s just that…well…he was on the ground! What else could I do? Hyung, you know that I can’t stand to see helpless people. I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry I didn’t ditch him and go with you instead. Now, just don’t kill me, because he needed my help –“

            “It’s okay, Sungyeol,” Sunggyu said, interrupting him.

            “What?”

            “It’s okay. I went a little out of hand. Just…I need to talk to you later. After I finish helping Sungjong. We need to discuss some things.”

            Sungyeol let out a huge sigh of relief, turning to the door. “Alright, Sunggyu. Just call me when you need me.”

 

 “You sure you okay?”

            Sighing, L looked up at his brother again. “Hyung, for the last time, I’m fine. Nothing happened to me. He just said a few words and left.”

            “What?” It was the first time Woohyun had heard that explanation. “What do you mean he just said a few words and left? Why’d you fall, then? The bookshelf? I need some answers here, L.”

            “I just got dizzy, hyung. That’s all. I get dizzy a lot, you know that. You do, too. I guess Sunggyu’s words just got the best of me and I fell.”

            “What’d he say, exactly?” Woohyun asked, debating whether or not he should’ve hurt Sunggyu like that.

            Blinking, L put his book down. He didn’t know what he was doing. He was trying to make up for the drift that he had caused between Woohyun and Sunggyu.

            “What you’d expect him to say…he just asked why I was here. Because he was wondering why you were here.”

            I am so ing screwed, Woohyun thought, scratching his head. Why’d he go and hurt Sunggyu like that? Why was he so stupid?!

            L hated seeing his brother sad. Or frustrated. Or any feelings other than happiness. He just hated seeing anybody unhappy at all. Which seemed strange since, as everybody said, he always looked unhappy and resentful himself. But there were just some things that triggered L’s thoughts in his head, some things that just made him want to punch a wall – and one of those things was seeing the people that he cared for so sad.

            “…Hyung, why don’t you just apologize to him? Tell him you’re sorry for everything, tell him you’ll make up for it. Tell him you still love him.”

            “Dammit, L, you don’t get it!” Woohyun screamed, kicking the couch. “It’s not that easy to apologize to him. I mean, how would you feel if you walked in on your boyfriend having with a girl?! I don’t think there’s a way to say sorry for that, L. Not at all.”

Oh, did I forget to mention that Woohyun DOESN'T know that Myungsoo had the (I still need a name, guyss!) has been tutoring him for thirteen years? He thinks that he and Myungsoo both had her for three years. 

ALSO, I AM going to give Sungjong a storyline. Well, a love story basically, but this is gonna happen in LATER chapters. I'm currently debating with myself whether it should be a girl or a boy (thas right. Boy+girl love story in a fanfic. BE READY TO GET THE SHOCK OF YOUR LIFE. lol I sound so cheesy.) But it's prob gonna be a girl because Sungjongie (like I've said before) is one of my biases in INFINITE and I wanna try something new out on him, despite the fact that he may look like the mot homoual member (that doesn't sound wrong, does it?). Soooo girl group biases, anybody?