Chapter 10

Your Choice

 

I'm sorry T.T I was supposed to post this ch. up last night but I was too busy watching the olympics...anybody else a Michael Phelps fangirl? Anyoneeee? My sis nearly cried watching him on the podium for his last olympic games. And what was with the commentars, making everything so emotional? 'And there it is...his last turn in the olympic games...' GOSH. LOL I'M PROBABLY TAKING UP YOUR TIME WITH THIS so...here :)

“Your brother is a complete and total .”

            “What?” L lifted his head up from the desk to stare at a mad – very mad – Sungyeol. “What the are you talking about?”

            “Your. Brother. Is. The. Single. Most. ing. Worst. Person. To. Ever. Walk. On. This. Planet.”

            “Ah.”

            “Ah?”

            “I’m presuming Sunggyu told you what happened?” L sat up, rearranging his position so that he wouldn’t feel like his back was broken.

            “Hell yes he did! And I just wanted you to know that your brother is the most down-right, disgusting, most dirtiest –“

            Covering Sungyeol’s mouth, L hissed, “Shut up, will you? People can hear you.”

            Sungyeol pulled L’s hand off and took a slight glance around the classroom, blushing. “Oops.”

            L sighed, not wanting to take Sungyeol seriously anymore. “Look, what did Sunggyu tell you?”

            “What do you mean what did he tell me? He told me what your ing of a brother did!”

            “Did he say anything about me?”

            “Why the would he say anything about you?!” Sungyeol looked at L crazily, thinking about what a self-conceited person he was.

            L gave him a satisfied nod and answered, “Nothing. Never mind. So…he told you? Everything? About –“

            “Yes, about how he walked in on your brother and…ohmygod I can’t even anymore…Woohyun is probably the nastiest person ever…like…ever.”

            L had to keep a grip on his desk in order not to smack Sungyeol across the face.

 

“HYUNG.”

            “What?” Woohyun turned around from his chair to find himself staring at an angered L. “Oh, you came home? Sorry I didn’t wait for you. I had to go –“

            “You never told Sunggyu?” L interrupted, throwing his shoulder bag on the chair. “You seriously never ing told Sunggyu the ing truth?!”

            Woohyun stood up now, a little scared. “Okay, calm down. What was I supposed to do? He never listened to me, no matter what I said. He would just say I’m making up a lame, ty excuse for the mistake that I had made.”

            “THEN DUCT TAPE HIS ING MOUTH AND MAKE HIM LISTEN TO YOU.”

            Against his command, Woohyun let out a little smile. “Alright, despite how much I want to do that, you know I can’t. I haven’t even said sorry for punching him yet.”

            L’s angry face dropped as he entered his poker face. I haven’t even said sorry for punching him yet. Why did Woohyun punch Sunggyu? Oh, right. Because of him.

            “Yah, L, you ok?”

            “Huh? Oh I’m fine. Just a little tired. I’m just gonna go upstairs and lie down. Make sure my scars are ok.”

            Woohyun nodded, lifting up his wrist. Oh, good. His scar – the last scar that that had given him – had now turned into a scab. Sooner or later, it would be gone. But there was still the bruise on the small of his back. And on his elbow. And on a trillion places that he didn’t remember.

            “WAIT.”

            “Yeah?” L looked down at Woohyun from the top of the stairs.

            “How…how did you know? That I didn’t tell Sunggyu what really happened?”

            L rolled his eyes to the ground, trying to avoid Woohyun’s intimidating stare. “Yeah, um, about that. Sungyeol, the kid that Sunggyu hyung came with the other day, told me. He literally screamed at me about how much of an , , disgusting person you were. Then he told me how Sunggyu told him what happened.”

            When Woohyun didn’t reply, L sighed and said, “Look, hyung, doesn’t that mean that he’s gotten over it a bit? In order to finally tell somebody about what happened, instead of just keeping it cooped up inside of him?”

            “...I don’t know, L. I don’t want anybody to know what I did to him, yet I want him to get over it and forgive me –“

            “THE , HYUNG. IF YOU WANT HIM TO FORGIVE YOU, YOU GOTTA TELL HIM THE ING TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.”

            And with that, L stomped up the stairs, leaving a stunned Woohyun behind.

 

“Bastard.” Munch. “.” Munch. “.” Munch.

            “Sungyeol, seriously, how long are you going to do that?” Sunggyu was tired to watching his best friend eat chips and cuss at his ex-boyfriend who, he had to admit, was everything that Sungyeol was saying.

            “Until I.” Munch. “ing.” Munch. “Want to.” Munch. “I MEAN, WHO THE DOES THAT?! THAT’S NOT NORMAL. Hey hyung, how about we go and kill him?”

            Sunggyu looked up to see if Sungyeol was actually serious. Yep, he was. The choding’s eyes were glistening and a crumb slowly fell off the corner of his mouth.

            “…I find it surprising that you’re even more mad at him than I am.”

            “I ING DO TOO. But really, hyung, how are you not mad at him?”

            “I am. I really am…there’s no way to explain it, Sungyeol. But it’s been three and a half years. I have to let it go sometime.”

            As Sungyeol was understanding, nodding with his mouth wide open, Sunggyu managed to steal a chip.

            “And besides…right now, I’m trying to figure out what Woohyun said about L.”

            Right away, Sungyeol’s head shot up. “L? What did Woohyun say about L?”

            Sunggyu let out a small smile that Sungyeol was too oblivious to notice. “I really don’t know. He said something about L having had a lot of issues, having been hurt more or whatever. More than me, to be exact.”

            “What? Pfft. He – “ Sungyeol paused, thinking. He was close to saying that there was no way anybody’s misery could be compared to Sunggyu’s. But he remembered that one day in the classroom – yesterday, to be exact. L’s quiet-ness. The silence. The defenseless look on his face. Seriously, what was going on with L?

            Sunggyu’s smile got larger as he watched his dongsaeng’s face go from totally pissed and raging to kill to…worried. And scared, not for himself, but for somebody else.

 

“Hoya?”
            Hoya smiled, looking at the open door. Dongwoo was standing there, hair ruffled, eyes nearly as tiny as Sunggyu’s open ones, wearing his pj’s.

            “Hey. Mind if I come in?”

            Dongwoo shrugged, feeling his ears getting red. “No. Come in. Sungjong fell asleep on the table while we were making ramen, so…ignore him.”

            As he was walking in, Hoya said, “Sungyeol came back a little after you left. I asked him what happened for you, but turns out he didn’t know either.”

            “Huh?” Dongwoo had blanked out for a second. The only thing that echoed in his head was for you…Hoya had asked Sungyeol what had happened. For him.

            “What?”

            “Oh. Never mind. Sorry…kinda spaced out…”

            “Are you sure you’re okay?” Hoya, not knowing what it was doing to Dongwoo, put a finger on his hyung’s chin and lifted his head up.

            Blushing furiously, Dongwoo stepped away from Hoya’s touch. “Um, yeah, I’m fine. Just a little off, thinking about stuff…do you think you should go?”

            “Hyung…what’s wrong? First you’re all off, worried about Sunggyu and Sungyeol…and now…I don’t know, but I feel like you don’t want me here.”

            “What? No! It’s just…I don’t know anymore,” Dongwoo confessed, looking at the ground.

            Hoya sighed, thinking about what Sunggyu had said yesterday. There was something that Dongwoo didn’t want to tell him. “Do you want me to go, then? I’ll just –“

            “Wait. Stop.” Dongwoo, grabbing Hoya’s wrist, pulled him into a hug. “Just…stay like this. Please? I really just need a friend right now…”

            Smiling, Hoya nodded and patted Dongwoo’s back. At least Dongwoo was opening up a bit, and Hoya was happy about it. The two of them just stood there, hugging, feeling like they were the only people in the world.

            Which, obviously, they weren’t, because Sungjong was right there at the kitchen table, slurping his ramen quietly and taking pictures of the two with his camera. All while having a large, overly-happy smile on his face.

Some indirect Woogyu and Myungyeol :) AND YADONG. OOH. What's Sungjong gonna do? 

LOL and I didn't realize people actually read my rant. I mean...there's a reason I posted it all the way down here...I just didn't have anybody to rant to :( [home alone~~] and right now I'm conflicted as to if I should feel insulted or complimented. Because some lady at the store told me I looked like a thirteen year old. T.T THANKS A LOT for boosting my confidence, random cashier.