Chapter 43

Your Choice

 

*cries* I need my glasses D': BUT OH WELL. HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER~~ I might or might not update tomorrow because it's my little cousin's birthday :3 so yeah. HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAYYY! (it's on the 29th, we're just celebrating early :3) This was also supposed to be updated a lot earlier...but I'm addicted to paris by night XD HUONG GIANG♥~~ (yes, tv is also blurry =.=)

Fei wiped away her messed up eyes and stared back at her cell phone. It had been six hours now. Sungyeol hadn’t texted a thing.

            Was he still at the police department? Should she go check up on him?

            “L…” she looked at her older brother, still laying as still as ever. “Why can’t you wake up? You’ve been asleep for a 12 days already. Please…It’s Sungyeol Oppa’s birthday tomorrow. You have to wake up. It’s his first birthday with you, Oppa. He wants you there.”

            L didn’t budge.

            “Please…”

            He stayed still.

            Fei stood up and pushed her phone back into her pocket, leaving the room. She couldn’t take it much longer.

 

“You know…strawberry isn’t that bad.”

            Suzy smiled, shaking her head. “It’s the best flavor ever! That’s why Umma likes it so much!”

            Sungjong felt his heart wrench when the little girl said ‘Umma’. His eyes glanced at his brain dead girlfriend for a split second, then back at his ‘daughter’. His mouth shakily opened as Suzy popped in another strawberry Hi-Chew in it.

            He chewed on it, his mind running back to the mall. It tasted sweet. Like Hwayoung. Was this why she liked the flavor so much?

            “Appa…” Suzy said quietly, climbing onto Sungjong’s lap. “You’re crying again.”

            “W – what?” Sungjong wrapped his arms around her, sniffling. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

            “No, it’s okay, Appa. Why are you crying? Hwayoung Umma will wake up soon. She will, I promise!”

            Giving her a weak smile, Sungjong said, “Let’s hope so, okay? Hey…don’t you have any homework or anything?”

            “Nope! Fei Unnie helped me finish it in L Oppa’s room.” Suzy attempted to reach for her backpack, but failed due to the fact that she was levitated up on her father’s lap. Sungjong smiled, bending over to get it for her.

            “Unnie says that L Oppa will wake up,” Suzy said as she dug through her backpack. “So Umma will too, right?”

            “Suzy-ah…it’s not that easy.” Sungjong sighed, thinking about L’s condition. For the time being, his hyung wasn’t any better off, but in a few weeks…well, he would be, a lot better than Hwayoung.

            “Why isn’t it?”

            Suzy eyed Sungjong, who just stayed quiet. She knew that he wouldn’t answer her question. “Fei Unnie also said that she wanted L Oppa to wake up by tomorrow. Why?”

            “What do you mean –“ Sungjong froze, then looked up at the clock. He understood why. Tomorrow would be Sungyeol hyung’s birthday….and L was still drugged.

            But then again, on the third of September, it would be his birthday. In a few days, he would turn 16.

            And there was no way Hwayoung would be awake for that.

 

“Oppa…you’re still here…”

            Sungyeol looked up to find Fei, heavily breathing. He scoot over to offer her a seat next to him, and she obliged. “What’re you doing here?”

            “What were you doing here?” she retorted back, catching her breath.

            “…I talked to your father.”

            “I know.”

            “Then why’d you ask?”

            Fei didn’t answer the question, but she pulled her phone out of her pocket. “It’s tomorrow, isn’t it? Your birthday?”

            Sungyeol looked away from her to the ground, nodding. “I’m turning 17.”

            “And…”

            “Myungsoo’s still going to be in that state for another few weeks,” Sungyeol breathed out. His eyes stung with tears, but he ignored them. He just let them fall. There was no way he could even care anymore.

            “Oppa…”

            “I know, there’s nothing I can do.” His voice was no longer sturdy, it was shaking every other word. Fei noticed this; she also knew that if he talked anymore, Sungyeol would completely crash down.

            “It’ll be okay, Oppa.”

            “I know…”

            She stood up, backing away. She couldn’t take this anymore; watching Sungjong break down everyday was tearing her heart apart already, she couldn’t watch Sungyeol, too. Hwayoung, there was nothing that Fei could do besides donate her brain to her, which didn’t seem medically possible. But maybe…maybe she could help L.

            “Where’re you –“

            “Go back soon, okay, Oppa?” Fei shouted back as she ran. “They’re all waiting for you!”

            Sungyeol stood up, watching his boyfriend’s sister shadow get smaller and smaller until it wasn’t visible anymore.

 

“Ice cream.”

            “NO.”

            “Candy?”

            “NO.”
            “…THERE’S NOTHING ELSE THAT I WANT!”

            Hoya rolled his eyes, dragging Dongwoo along the hospital hallway. “Then it looks like I’m not getting you anything, right? Look, hyung, we have to go check up on Woohyun. Sunggyu went out to buy something for him and told me specifically to make sure nothing happened to Woohyun. So no stalling!”

            “But there’s a candy machine –“

            “NO.”

            Dongwoo pouted, mentally saying goodbye to the soda machine that had just appeared before him. “You’re mean.”

            “Yes, I know,” Hoya said without looking back. “I’m always the mean one, trying to prevent you from destroying your health.”

            Sighing, Dongwoo ran up to be in pace with his boyfriend. “I didn’t mean it like that! I was just joking. You know I love you.”

            Hoya didn’t respond, he just kept walking.

            “Oh c’mon, you can’t be mad at me!”

            “Yes I can. And I will.”

            Dongwoo thought for a second, then leaned in to kiss Hoya on the cheek. “Is that better?”

            “What? No.”

            Stopping, Dongwoo grabbing Hoya and kissed him full-on. When the two let go, Dongwoo grinned. “Better?”

            “No.”

           

Fei nervously stood in front of the doctor’s office, knocking on the door. She didn’t even know what she was doing anymore.

            “Yes, come in.”

            Holding onto the doorknob, Fei realized that her hand was sweaty. She really was nervous.

            “Ah, Kim Fei, was it? Kim Myungsoo’s sister.” The doctor stopped writing, pulling his glasses off to take a good look at her.

            “Y – yes,” Fei answered shakily. “That’s me.”

            “And why did you come?”

            “I have something to ask,” she said, sitting down on the chair across from the desk that the doctor was directing towards.

            “Ask on.”

            “I – is it possible for my brother to wake up tomorrow?”

            “What? Oh, no. Of course not – we’ve already discussed this. He will be on sleeping pills and painkillers for the next month –“

            “I know!” Fei shouted. She heard it once, and she really didn’t want to hear it again. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell. It’s just…is there anyway to stop the pills from going into his system?”

            “Well, no. They’re mixed with the food that gets transferred into his body.”

            “Can we stop the food flow?” Fei asked hopefully

            The doctor thought about it for a second, then said, “Yes, but your brother will probably die without it.”

            “No! I mean…could we stop the tube that transfers the food and pills into his body and replace it with just a normal food tube, similar to the one that Ryu Hwayoung has?”

            “Well…yes. But I don’t think that’s a very good decision,” the doctor said nervously. “The injury that Kim Myungsoo had and the aftermath of the surgery is very painful. If we take him off the pills, whether or not he wakes up tomorrow, he will feel the pain. It will hurt, a lot.”

            “I know,” she said, her voice hallow. “But tomorrow is a very important day for him, and I really believe that he would want to be awake for it.”

            “…I still don’t know –“

            “Please,” Fei begged. Her knees dropped to the ground as she looked up at the doctor, her eyes brimmed with tears. “He would kill himself if he wasn’t awake for that day. I know my brother, he’d go through hell just to be there tomorrow. He won’t give a damn about pain, just as long as he’s there.”

 

It was his fault. This was all his fault. Myungsoo wouldn’t be awake tomorrow because of him, and him only.

            “I’m a ing idiot,” Sungyeol whispered, his tears wetting the ground. “If I called the ambulance…if I called the police on time…Myungie could be there to say happy birthday to me…”

YEAHH, DIVA JONGIE'S BDAY IS ON SEPT. 3RD GUYS!! :D and my (our) amazing Yeollie's bday is tomorrow♥ WILL FEI MANAGE TO CONVINCE THE DOCTOR? LOOK FORWARD TO IT~~

comment REPLIES~~

@pripri: XDD LOLOLOL REALLY? :P SHOULD I MAKE HIM NOT WAKE UP? 

@asdfghjklomg: np~~ omg YES I'M THE AWESOMEST PERSON EVERRRRRRR. BUT SO ARE YOU♥ XDD

@LollipopGirl01: LOL was it? XD and yes. Your reasoning is very well displayed. ;D

@ZO9ZO9: AWW THANK YOU♥ ohhh am I confusing you? DX he meant when Myungsoo was born....remember when Woohyun told Sunggyu the story? When Jin Ri (Lhyun's mom) gave birth to Myungsoo, L's dad took him and made the doctors tell Jin Ri that she had a miscarriage/misbirth and that the baby died :( so Sungyeol told Jungwoo (Myungsoo's dad) that Myungsoo died the minute that Jungwoo kidnapped him that day from his family in the hospital when he was born.

@dojorockergirl: should he? XD please hope~~♥ I NEED MY GLASSES FOR SCHOOL. ASDFGHJKL. and I updated ^^

@B1A4Katie1: LOOOOL WAS IT PLANNED? XDD hhm. Should he wake up? ;D

@Ryukii: IDK...IT SOUNDS SOO EFFING FAMILIAR AND IT SOUNDS JAPANESE! D: AND ISN'T HE?! ♥ hmm. Will L wake up in time? ;)

@kpopluv7: XDDDD that's a reason why I love the Woogyu couple~~ I loved them since Sesame Player when Sunggyu was talking about how he hated Woohyun at first, then he was like "now, Woohyun is the person I trust the most." I WAS LIKE ASDFGHJKL FANGIRL TO ULTIMATE DEATHHHHHHH. HMM. should L wake up? XDD INFINITE is my life. So like. YEAH. I did X3 thank youuu!~~ hehe I love you♥ XD ^^ awww thank you~~ I absolutely love reading your comments♥ they're usually long so I aboe them XDD (I love long comments lol) ♥

@kodiak: OMFG NO. I LOVE IT WHEN HE'S ALL SERIOUS XDD IT'S SO HOT BECAUSE IT'S FREAKING RARE♥ (like I was fangirling sooo hard when I was watching clips of his drama and he was being all mean...idk it's cute because it seems so impossible :P) omg the totally happy yeol boys~~♥ is he? XD should he? :PP

@BalancedCuppyCake: OKAY I ACTUALLY KNEW THAT. I SOMEHOW WAS STUPID, THOUGH. But I didn't know about his girlfriend :3 yesh, you can kill me because of stupidity now :P that's really sad 3 SCARY SUNGYEOL IS Y AF, ALRIGHT? XDD and yes, I shall be your second religion♥ but you SHOULDN'T EFFING PUSH ME IN A CAVE OF PANDAS OR I'M GOING TO KILL OFF SOMEBODY.

@ChocoAikocream: XDD SUNGYEOL HAS LEARNED HOW TO DO THE MYUNGSOO STARE FROM MONTHS OF PRACTICING. IT RUBS OFF. HEHE. Should L wake up? Still thinking about it~~ :P

@inspirit-kay: ASDFGHJKL YEOLLIEE'S BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY♥♥♥ XDD heh. heh. should I make L wake up? :P Sunggyu's the responsible leader that everybody loves to deathh♥ I MADE YADONG SCENES!! YAYYY<3 REALLY?! freaking post it. >.> now. I command you to. 

@WingzOfHell: ...It's a very...fascinating name. You can write a fic on it XDD yepp you are! LOL brave Yeollie's the freaking best♥

@_IShipEveryCouple_: REALLY? LUCKKYYY. I WANNA SHARE A BIRTHDAY WITH THE CHODING. I DEMAND ME AND YOUR SISTER TO CHANGE BIRTHDAYS. NOWWWWW. XDD I'm a little crazy. XD heh. Should Myungsoo wake up? XDD 

@NinjaDae: IKR. D: HWAJONG 3 and Myungyeol too ^^ LOL thank you!! ♥

@chariiit: SQUISHY MYUNGSOO NEEDS TO WAKE UP TO SAY HAPPY BDAY TO HIS CHODING. ♥ hehe~~ asdfghjkl I hate it so much. D': 

@lovekdramakpopmanga: LOOOOL CHODING SUNGYEOL NEEDS TO HAVE HIS RETURN♥

hehe that was...17! LOVE YOU GUYS~~ ALL OF YOU. SO MUCH. ASDFGHJKL i realized that it hasn't even been a month I started this story >.< I really do love you all~~♥ byebye :)