Chapter 36

Your Choice

 

Pfft look who's back with double updates. ^^ mainly because it's Sunday. And I HAVE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW. yeauuhhh. Ya know. Living the thug life of doubling updating. So cool.

LOLOLOLOL no. Because I had to finish this :)

Sunggyu stepped back, staring at his boyfriend weirdly. “W – what did you just say?”

            Woohyun blinked, then said, “Who’s L? You said that you were happy me and somebody named ‘L’ was alive. And what happened to me? Why…why does my head hurt so much? And why is there a bandage on my neck? WAIT…why am I in the hospital?”

            “L? You don’t know who L is?”

            Tilting his head, Woohyun said, “No. Who’s L? Oh, hyung, why do you look so much older? Aigoo, did you age overnight because you were worried about me?”

            Sunggyu rolled his eyes and shook his head. Of course Woohyun would still have his grease, no matter what happened to him.

            “No, Woohyun –“        

            “Oh, Sunggyu, you’re still here.”

            Turning around, Sunggyu saw the doctor standing in front of him. “Oh my God! Doctor, what’s wrong with Woohyun? He doesn’t know who L is!”

            The doctor’s eyebrows furrowed for a second, then he nodded. “Ah. Kim Myungsoo, am I correct?”

            “Yeah. Woohyun says he doesn’t know who his little brother is!”

            “Wait, WHAT?!” Woohyun asked from his bed. “Little brother? I have a little brother?!”

            Running over to his bed, the doctor told Woohyun furiously to lay down. Woohyun obliged because his head really was hurting, but it didn’t stop him from being just as curious.

            The doctor looked back at Sunggyu and said, “That was expected, the memory loss. Whatever he got hit with, that had struck his memory chamber.”

            “But that was three years! He forgot three ing years!” Sunggyu shouted, frustrated. “How =”
            “Calm down,” the doctor told him uncomfortably, side-glancing at the boy laying in the hospital bed. “Yes, I predicted that he was going to lose a long period of memories.”

            “…Is he ever going to get it back?”

            Nodding, the doctor reached into his pocket to retrieve a bottle of pills. “If Woohyun continuously takes these pills twice a day, he will steadily regain his memory in the span of a few weeks. Remember, though, he must take these for the next three years to keep everything okay.”

            Sunggyu’s breathing stopped as he looked at the older man. “Really? Thank God…”

            “I will entrust him to you now,” the doctor directed, handing Sunggyu the first bottle of many to come. “Make sure he takes one by tonight. It would probably be good if you begin to tell him about his brother and how they became.”

            Sunggyu nearly dropped the bottle on the ground, staring at the innocent Woohyun behind him, who was gripping onto his sleeves with his hands. Telling this greasy boy about his brother’s birth wasn’t going to be an easy task. No, not at all.

 

“I didn’t know, Myungsoo. I was stupid. I was an idiot, a complete idiot.”

            The only thing answering Sungyeol, though, was the heart rate monitor at the side.

            Sungyeol sighed, then wiped away his dried tears with his sleeve in order to make room for new, clean ones. “Myungsoo-ah…why didn’t you tell anybody? Why did you let yourself go through all this crap, not saying a word at all? I know, I know…Gyuri was going to kill everybody if you did. I was the single most naïve person ever, trusting her. We were all stupid, telling her where we lived, when we were out. I didn’t…I just didn’t know. I get it, it’s the stupidest excuse ever, but it’s the best thing I’ve got.”

            Beep, beep, beep, the heart rate monitor said back.

            Slowly letting go of his boyfriend’s hand, Sungyeol began to lift up the sleeve of Myungsoo’s hospital gown.

            After catching one glance, the teenage boy dropped it and shivered away. He felt like throwing up right then and there, looking at the disgusting marks left on the beautiful skin of Kim Myungsoo.

            With his hand, Sungyeol carefully walked back and began to Myungsoo’s flawless face. “You look so perfect, just laying there. You always looked so beautiful when you were sleeping, you know. Like an angel sent down to brighten everybody’s day by giving them a glance of you.”

            Beep…beep…beep…beep…

            “And it all belongs to me,” Sungyeol said softly before laughing a bit through his wet eyes. “I sound like such a creeper right now. Myungsoo-ah, if you were awake, you’d be laughing at me. You really don’t know how much I love you…having all the coffee in the world won’t even amount to it.”

            Once again, Sungyeol let out a little laugh. Whenever Myungsoo had asked him who he would choose between coffee and the younger boy, Sungyeol always chose coffee. Sungyeol was always joking, but Myungsoo had never managed figured that out, despite how smart he was.

            “If you were awake, you would kill me for always joking with you,” Sungyeol smiled sadly. “But you’d know that there is absolutely no way that I’d choose coffee over my precious Myungie.”

            Almost immediately, Sungyeol’s smile faded away. “You would be awake right now if it wasn’t for me…”

 

Fei was curled up in the corner, her tears flying everywhere as she witnessed what was happening before her.

            Sungjong was kneeling on the ground in front of Hwayoung’s hospital bed, praying. His hands were clasped around his girlfriend’s cold, lifeless ones.

            “Don’t…Hwayoung…don’t…” Sungjong cried, barely being able to muster out the words. “Please, Hwayoung, come back…”

            “She’s not dead, Sungjongie,” Min told him, soothing his shoulder.

            “SHE’S ING BRAIN DEAD,” Sungjong screamed, finally bursting. He turned to face the older woman, his tears dried all over his cheeks. His voice basically screamed pure, utter solitude. “DID YOU HEAR?! HER BRAIN IS ING DEAD. She won’t…she can’t…”

            He stopped, his voice choking on the tears. “I love her so much…”

            Looking up at the bed, Sungjong stood up with the help of Min. He stared at Hwayoung, her hair gone and her head bandaged heavily. To him, she looked as beautiful as she always was.

            “Oppa,” a little voice said at the side. “It’ll be okay. Hwayoung Unnie loves you very much, too. She told me herself. Unnie will wake up if she knows you’re here with her.”

            Sungjong let out another batch of fresh tears as he bent down to cry in the hands of a sturdy ten-year girl.

 

“Dongwoo…Dongwoo…wake up.”

            Dongwoo blinked a bit, then sat up. “Oh. Hoya.”

            Hoya gave him a little smile and sat down in the waiting chair next to him. “Here’s some coffee, since you said you were planning to stay here all night.”

            Giving him a smile back, Dongwoo took it and began to slowly sip at it. “I…don’t even know what to do anymore. Woohyun lost his memory…L won’t be awake for weeks…Hwayoung is brain dead…”

            “It’s okay,” Hoya said quietly, wiping away his boyfriend’s tears. “They will get better. They have to…if they don’t, I can see double funerals for them and their lover.”

            Dongwoo cracked a smile, but still said, “That’s not funny, Hoya.”

            “I know…”

            Slowly putting his coffee to the side, Dongwoo side-hugged Hoya. “I’m so happy you aren’t hurt, you know that? If you were, I swear, I really couldn’t be as strong as Sunggyu hyung, Sungyeol, or Sungjong are right now.”

            “It’s okay,” Hoya said for the second time, leaning on the older boy’s head. “I mean, if it were me, I’d kill you before you ever had the chance to leave me.”

            “Really, Hoya, just shut up with the dying jokes already.”

            “Make me.”

            “Challenge accepted.” Lifting up his head, Dongwoo’s lips met Hoya’s, giving each other mixed signals of happiness, relief, and true love.

Because a cute Yadong ending is just what everybody needed :) AND BEFORE YOU GUYS FREAKING KILL ME ABOUT HWAYOUNG, BE GLAD THAT WOOHYUN HASN'T LOST HIS MEMORIES FOR FOREVER. AIGHT? GOOD. 

omg you guys ;_; gotta tell you the stupidest thing. I just got bashed by my friend's girlfriend (who is, bascially, a meanie head and I really don't even know why she's reading my stories if she's just going to bash them) for making Woohyun forget L instead of Sunggyu. She kept blabbing on about how amnesia with lovers (I have to mention that she basically hates me) is really romantic. T.T NO. I HAVE TO MAKE YOU GUYS COMPREHEND WITH ME. I THINK THE STORYLINE WITH AMNESIA IS ACTUALLY SOMETHING REALLY, REALLY, GOOD AND YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD STORY OUT OF IT. But amnesia with lovers is too cliche for me to write about - you guys would get tired of it. I'm sorry for any of you guys that wanted to see that :( What happens with amnesia stories is that either the guy falls back in love and/or he falls for another person. IF YOU GUYS DIDN'T READ THE FORWARD FOR THIS STORY, EVIE DOESN'T LIKE WRITING LOVE TRIANGLES, OR SQUARES, OR WHATEVER GEOMETRY SHIZ. I deeply apologize once again~~

now onto comment replies~~ :DDD 

@kpopluv7: OMFGOMFGOMFG I READ YOUR COMMENT AND I WAS LIKE YAY♥ somebody agrees with me. HAHA but yeah, he'll remember Myungsoo soon♥ and I don't think anybody noticed the three strikes ._. LOLOLOL I'M GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD SUNDAY♥ (I spent mine with family that ignored me ;_;) now that summer classes are over...I'm going to be very socially impaired D: LOL I'm already though~~ hehe THANK YOUU I'M GLAD YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!

@LollipopGirl01: HUHUHU I DID NO JUSTICE FOR YOU :3 Woohyun still doesn't remember Myungsoo, Myungsoo's still unconcious, and Hwayoung...isn't okay D: I'M SORRY T.T♥

@friggenonkeyeol: Heh. Yeah :P but he'll remember him soon~~ hopefully! Oh, and Fei did. In chapter 33 I believe, when she was left with Gyuri, she stabbed her. :)

@rahhouma: yes. yes I did. T.T I'M SORRY. THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR ATTEMPTING TO WRITE AN ANGSTY PLOTLINE. I GO OVERBOARD. D':

@pripri: WHATTT? THEY DID? I DEMAND YOU TO GO AND REWRITE THOSE HEARTFELT COMMENTS ON MY WALL SO I CAN READ THEM. I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I DIDN'T DELETE THEM D: I WOULD NEVER DELETE YOUR COMMENTS~~ and yes. Sungyeol does feel bad :< I would literally be crying a damn river if I were him, seriously. I can't stand guilt. D: 

@B1A4Katie1: HE WILLL. IN A FEW WEEKS...HOPEFULLY! 

@_IShipEveryCouple_: Yes. Gyuri is a bish. HE DOESN'T ;_; D: and I updated!~~

@lolaurakelly: LOLOL I'm so sorry if I'm confusing you! He basically did forget three years but still remembers/thinks of Sunggyu as his boyfriend because three years ago they were still dating, before he knew that L was his little brother.

@HardcoreInspirit: HE WILL. IN A FEW WEEKS, HOPEFULLY T.T ;D

@kpoplover_junebug: IT WAS L. ._.

@dojorockergirl: well. Um. She's not dead. But. Like. I'm still gonna die, aren't I?

@AnoBasho: Because he got hit on the head :DDD AND NOW YOU KNOW ABOUT HWAYOUNG! yes, it is very dramatic :P 

@sherasazaly: Yes :P And L won't wake up for a few weeks :( 3 heartbreaking for Sungyeoliee~~ HAHAHA you welcome, and I LOVE YOU TOOOOOOOO♥

@eunhyuklover99: Jongie will probably throw another tantrum. Or did :P And...uh...Hwayoung isn't that alright XDD HE WILL REMEMBER L IN...LIKE....A FEW WEEKS XD. OHOHOHOHO yeah I'm your Chi :) ♥ HIIII. (you're as old as my little cousin XD)

@BalancedCuppyCake: ...YES I DID. AND I WILL MAKE THE HOSPITAL EXPLODE WITH ABSOLUTELY ZERO HESITATION T.T LOLOLOLOLOL OMFG I HAD THE HUGESTTT CRUSH ON KAIBA XDD I spent pages in my diary talking about him (yeah, I had a diary. I was a pretty cool kid.) Marik was pretty hot♥ yeah I'm probably older...so...HI EMMM.

@NinjaDae: AHH. I GET IT. 'BEHIND THE MASK'. YOUR USERNAME IS 'NINJADAE'. ahh. XD if that's not what you meant, then this is just awkward :P is it confusing? SORRY T.T and yeah XD memory loss :P

@chariiit: because he was hit on the head XDDD 

YAYY. THAT WAS 17! WHOOP [LOLOLOL WHENEVER I THINK OF WHOOP I THINK OF TOTALLY SPIES. DID ANYBODY ELSE WATCH THAT SHOW? XD THEY'RE MAKING ANOTHER SEASON IN 2013~~] :) well, stay tuned you guys! LOVE YOUUUU.

LOLL I wanted to share something. I was on youtube looking at an INFINITE video when some person put the comment 'Myungjong is everything to me' (with three likes. THREE FACKING LIKES.) or something like that. I WAS LIKE, OH HEO NO BISH. MYUNGYEOL IS EVERYTHING TO ME. MYUNGYEOL IS MY LIFE. LIKE SERIOUSLY. WITHOUT MYUNGYEOL, I WOULD BE SITTING IN A CORNER BY MYSELF. SO DON'T YOU DARE GO SAY THAT MYUNGJONG IS YOUR 'EVERYTHING' WHEN MYUNGYEOL IS LITERALLY MY LIFE. LOL okay I went a little crazy with my Myungyeol-shipper-fangirl ness. Sorry :( ♥