Chapter 40

Your Choice

 

Hi everybodyyy~~ look who's back and not crying in a corner anymore? Evie's here ^^ lol I didn't bother to read the last chapter, but if Nhi went all 'Nhi' on you, I apologize ._. my sister has that effect on people. And she wasn't supposed to rant about my problems. But she did anyway. I have an amazing sister, I know. She'll probably come back to write an A/N sometime, seeing as you guys didn't hate her XD but she can't write for her life (trust me. She's amazing at math, but writing...no) so she isn't a AFF author ^^ she uses my account a lot though...so yeah. :/ that was pretty long lol.

This chapter is pretty short, but I hope it makes up for all the angst I've been putting you guys through these days T.T And I sincerely apologize for no Hwajong, Myungyeol, or Fei :( there's a little Sungyeol foreshadowing right down there though...

Sungyeol took a deep breath and pulled open the door, staring at the sign before it.

            South Korea State Prison.

 

Sunggyu looked down at his boyfriend, who was now laying unconscious on the bed. The doctor had checked up on him and said that Woohyun had, possibly, managed to regain his memories.

            “Woohyun-ah…please wake up…L needs you…I need you…”

            Woohyun breath fastened as Sunggyu ran from the end of his bed to his side. “Woohyun? Are you awake?”

            A few more breaths…then Woohyun blinked a bit, opening his eyes. “…Hyung?”

            “Oh thank goodness you’re awake, I’ve been –“

            “Where’s L?!” Woohyun demanded, trying to get out of his bed. Unfortunately for him, though, he forgot that there was a needle attaching him to a freaking pole.

            “Lay back down!” Sunggyu demanded, pushing the boy back into his bed. “You remember? L?”

            “What’s wrong with you?” Woohyun asked, his eyebrows furrowed. He blinked a bit, forgetting that his head was still bandaged. “W-what do you mean I remember? Of course I remember L! He’s my ing brother, for Pete’s sake!”

            Sunggyu managed to release a few shaky breaths, holding onto his chest. “Oh my God…I was so worried…”

            “Worried about what? The , hyung, where’s L?! Is he okay? What about Gyuri?! Hyung!”

            Regaining his thoughts, Sunggyu looked at Woohyun carefully. The boy was on the verge of tears, just thinking about his little brother. Carefully, the older teenager walked over and hugged Woohyun to try to calm his nerves. “L’s going to be fine…Gyuri…well, I don’t know, but Gyuri managed to stab him in the stomach – stop it, Woohyun – but he made it through surgery. He’s on some painkillers and sleeping pills, though, and he’s going to be on them for the next few weeks. So he isn’t awake right now.”

            Sunggyu felt Woohyun begin to calm in his arms, but his crying was still evident. “W – what about Gyuri?”

            “Fei killed her. I don’t know, we went to the beach house and found you guys there. We left Gyuri for Fei, and apparently Fei decided to stab her in the heart. I bet she’s still there.”

            It was silent for a few minutes, so Sunggyu told him, “Sungyeol told us about the video.”

            “What?!” Woohyun pulled from Sunggyu’s grasp and backed away. “What –“

            “L made Sungyeol take his laptop to the police. There, they found the video and watched it with Sungyeol. And then…well, Sungyeol told me what was on it.”

            Sunggyu didn’t know what he said, or how he said it, but Woohyun burst into tears. He was unsure whether or not to comfort the boy, but ended up just hugging him again. “It’s okay, Woohyun…nothing’s going to happen to you anymore…”

            Woohyun’s cries didn’t get any quieter, though. Sunggyu smiled, thinking about the last time Woohyun had ever cried in front of him. He hadn’t even cried at the café. Oh, no, the last time Nam Woohyun had a crying fit was twelve years ago when the two had met each other for the first time.

 

~flashback~ [cue After School’s Flashback]

“I DON’T WANNA GO. NO. NO. NO. I WANNA STAY HOMEEEEEEE!”

            Woohyun’s mom bent down to be on eye-level with the crying boy. “Nam Woohyun, you will go to school no matter what. You –“

            “BUT I DON’T WANNAAAAAAAA.”

            “WOOHYUN.”

            The five year-old took his hands away from his face to look at his mommy. His mother was a fun-loving person (as you guys should know), but for the first time, she was being strict with him. To be honest, it just scared the boy even more. “NO! MOMMY!”

            The teacher rushed over to the crying boy that had caught everybody’s eyes. “Are you Woohyun? Hi! I’ll be your teacher today, okay?”

            Woohyun stopped crying, pouted, and walked behind his mother. “That Ahjumma looks mean.”

            Blinking, the teacher stood up and said to Woohyun’s mom, “We really need to start class, and –“

            “Yes, yes, I know,” Woohyun’s mom assured her. She looked at Woohyun and said, “Okay, Hyunnie, if you stop crying and make friends with…” she paused for a second, then pointed at a random little light-brown haired boy with small eyes that was playing with blocks, “that boy right there, then I’ll take you out to eat at McDonald’s and buy you a new SNSD album after school, okay?”

            Woohyun’s eyes widened as his tears disappeared. “Alright, Umma!” He took the initiative to run away from his mother, who sighed in relief, and to the boy that she had pointed to earlier.

            Grinning widely, Woohyun said, “Hi! I’m Nam Woohyun!”

            The boy just looked up and blinked (although Woohyun didn’t know that; he looked the same whether of not his eyes were closed or open), then looked back down at his blocks. “Leave me alone.”

            “Aww, hyung,” Woohyun pouted. He stuck out his hand to the other boy, knocking down the hard-built blocks at the same time. “Oh, hyung, I’m so –“

            “It’s okay,” the boy sighed, collecting his blocks back together. "Just leave me alone already.”

            “But –“

            “Please leave me alone.”

            With McDonald’s and SNSD in mind, Woohyun bit back his tears and sat on the chair next to the boy. “I’ll help build with you!”

            “No!” the boy said. “Leave me alone! I don’t want you touching my toys.”

            Woohyun pouted, sad. “Please, hyung?”

            “No.”

            Giggling, Woohyun stood up and poked at the boy’s face. “You look like a hamster, hyung.”

            “WHAT?!” The boy growled, looking up at Woohyun through small, flaming eyes. “For your information, Kim Sunggyu does not look like a –“

            “OH, SO THAT’S YOUR NAME, HYUNG!” Woohyun shouted, jumping up to give Sunggyu a big hug. “HI, GYU HYUNG!”

            “My name is Sunggyu,” the boy corrected him. “Not Gyu.”

            “I don’t care!” Woohyun announced, letting go. “Gyu is your nickname now, okay, hyung? And nobody can call you Gyu except for me! Okay, Gyu hyung?”

            “No, not okay.”

            “Aww, hyung!” Woohyun pouted again. Then, an idea flashed in his head. Making a heart with his hands, the five year-old threw it at Sunggyu. “There! Gyu hyung, I just gave you my heart!”

            Sunggyu looked at him strangely. “What…?”

            “Did that not work?” Another pout appeared on Woohyun’s face. His eyes widened again, as he smiled. He leaned in and pecked Sunggyu on the cheek. “How’s that, Gyu hyung?”

            Without knowing why, Sunggyu felt his fluffy cheeks redden up. “…What’s wrong with you?”

            “Nothing!” Woohyun shouted, his smile getting bigger and bigger by the minute and annoying Sunggyu more and more by the minute. “I just wanna show that I love you, hyung!”

            “…But we just met…”

            “I LOVE YOU, HYUNG!” He shouted, throwing another heart at Sunggyu. “YOU’RE THE BESTEST HYUNG –“

            “I don’t like you. Leave me alone.” Sunggyu turned away from Woohyun and back to his blocks.

            Woohyun sighed again, but stayed next to Sunggyu for the next two hours. Wherever his small-eyed, hamster-looking hyung went, he would follow. The entire class immediately thought of them as brothers, or something even more…like friends.

            All the students were then seated for the last activity of the day, coloring and gluing pictures on a piece of construction paper.

            Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at the boy sitting next to him, the boy that had been stalking him for the past few hours for no particular reason in any way whatsoever.

            Woohyun, however, was just coloring his rainbow and humming ‘Show! Show! Show!’ by SNSD. Sunggyu decided to ignore him for the time being by thinking about INFINITE’s Paradise, and colored his clouds.

            “I wonder what that tastes like…”

            Looking up, Sunggyu saw Woohyun pointing at the glue. “What? This?!”

            Woohyun nodded, grabbing the bottle from his hyung’s hands. “It’s really white and creamy. Do you think it tastes like ice cream, hyung? Maybe –“

            “Stop it!” Sunggyu said, grabbing the now-open bottle of glue from Woohyun. “Don’t eat it!”

            “What? Why?” Woohyun pouted, reaching out his stubby hands to obtain the glue. “I want to taste it!”

            “No! You’re going to die!”

            Woohyun’s hands fell as he looked at Sunggyu. His eyes were wide, glistening. “Hyung…you care about me?”

            “Aishh, no, I just don’t want you to die!” Sunggyu said, capping the bottle of glue.

            “Hyung cares about me!” Woohyun said a bit louder, now perfectly happy without having a of his glue.

            “No, pabo, I just don’t want you to die –“

            “EVERYBODY!” Woohyun announced, standing up and grabbing Sunggyu’s hand. “ME AND GYU HYUNG ARE BESTEST FRIENDS FOREVER. DON’T TAKE GYU HYUNG BECAUSE HE CARES ABOUT ME AND ONLY ME!”

            “…I just didn’t want you to die,” Sunggyu muttered, placing the glue bottle down, though he sighed and stood up with Woohyun, deciding to accept his fate.

I don't know. Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Dongwoo just strike me as the kind of kids that eat glue XDD kk, I don't know if this is fluff or not. I just wanted to let you guys take a break from reading sadness :/ BUT YAYYY WOOHYUN REMEMBERS MYUNGSOO! CHEERS ALL AROUND, EVERYBODY! I don't even know if my story is angst or fluff. OH. IT'S FLUFFY ANGST. OR ANGSTY FLUFF. meh. Who knows. XDD (Nhi suggested I do a happy chapter so that I don't kill everybody off in my depression.)

COMMENT REPLIES~~ [Nhi's not here at the moment...unlike me, she has friends. >.> no lol she's at school :P]

@dojorockergirl: LOL SORRY FOR NOT HAVING YADONG FOR THE PAST TWO CHAPTERS D: lol thank youu, yeah I know :( I'll get over it~~ AWW THANK YOU! and it's updated ^^

@NinjaDae: lolol I have to volunteer to get hours in order to graduate >.< YES, BUT I AM LAZY XDD and thank youuu!♥

@_IShipEveryCouple_: HAHAH Sungyeol's awesome like that XD Woohyun is now. Out of pain :DD LOOOL I'M STILL ALIVE. AND IT'S UPDATED ^^

@WingzOfHell: YAYY ANOTHER VIETT! Hiii...em? Chi? Anh? I've gotten, like, three em's already XDD and yep, he does! :DD and I updated ^^

@eunhyuklover99: ayyyeee, chi cung duoc bi gio~~ I girled up XD (Nhi told you to say that, didn't she? She's been telling me that for the past day...I'm going to have to go check the last chapter for what she put now >.>) LOOOL IS SHE? XD she hates being called cute...but she's pretty adorable lol. And yeahh, Woohyun didn't go on a storming rampage to kill L :) AWW cam on em~~ ahh em de thuong qua! we tried making my sister take viet classes XD but she quit...she's actually pretty good though :) awuuhh, I love you too, em! :P

@LollipopGirl01: He does! ^^ and Sungyeollie's freaking awesome, that's why he can communicate with a machine ;DD

@BalancedCuppyCake: Nhi's not here to reply to your comment, but let me tell you, she's an avid Myungjong hater. Like, seriously. She got soo mad at Ranking King, it was hilarious. But really. She hates Myungjong. Like, HATES. OHKAYY I'M OUT OF THE CORNER. GEEZ. I WROTE.didn't blow up anything, unfortunately. UHUHUH. INFINITE'S LOVE REVIVED ME LOL. AHHHHAHA you're Nhi's dad? Thas nice. X) she would be very pleased to know. XD LOOOOL DID THIS CHAPTER MAKE UP FOR THE ANGSTY ONE?

@B1A4Katie1: I'm sorry ;_; did this make up for it? ;DD

@TabiLee: ahhh I undid the angst (ish)! Myungsoo actually isn't going to wake up quickly XDD

@inspirit-kay: YESS he does! Sungyeol's adorably awesome♥ omg I hate all that drama stuff ._. LOOOL little sisters♥ XDDD Nhi's pretty adorbs, gets on my nerves a lot, but she's still adorable. XD

@chariiit: hehehehe will he?~~ ♥

@MasterL: Naw, he just remembered everything! :) ^^ awww Myungsoo needs to wake up, eh? :) lol stupid drama -.- I'm a really awkward person, that's why XD lol Nhi would say thank you too ^^ and your english is fine, don't worry~~ :)

@Sheollie: YAY let's hope♥ and I updated ^^

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: STUPID PAIN ._. Woohyun will be strong <3 looool if he breaks the machine, Myungsoo will actually die XD UH, YEAH. I'M A FREAKING PARIS BY NIGHT FANGIRL, THANKYOUFORASKING. :) me and my sister are probably the only teenage girls you'll ever find fangirling over pbn. It's so good! <3 (nobody appreciates it, though D:) LOL REALLY? that's cool♥ my viet name (well, my real name) is Khanh, but nobody except my family calls me that XD and I updated ^^

@sherasazaly: aww, thank you!!♥ I'm still writing~~ :) LOOLOLOL YOU'RE RIGHT XD Yeollie and the machin~~ ♥ Woohyun remembers, don't worry ^^ 

@pripri: SUNGYEOLLLIE MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER. ♥

@asdfghjklomg: LOL I paid my sister in food to do this for me XD really? Ohhh, you should check it out, a lot of them aren't 'you' tagged :D aww THANK YOU! ♥ wahh, you're awesome :)

@AnoBasho: YEPP! :) And it's complicated, right? LOL SORRY DX and I updated, so don't worry ^^

@Quoxotic: awww..tissue? :) Suzy's adorable, though it's heartbreaking 3 and it's sad, about Woogyu D: ^^

OHKAY I'M LIKE RUNNING LATE RIGHT NOW SO I CAN'T COUNT BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY! I LOVE YOU...aishh still needa change my clothes...still typing lol...I have a few more minutes, it's okay XD

PLEASE ANSWER~~