Chapter 39

Your Choice

 

Hai guys. No, this isn't Evie. I'm Evie's little sister, Nhi :) Nice to meet ya'll. I'm also the girl that texts Evie everytime somebody inboxes, comments, or writes on her wall X) so she texts me back the reply and I write it. 

Evie's moping in the corner right now...(she somehow got off the hook of picking up my grandmother...this is the chapter she wrote yesterday at Ba Noi's house) YOU WANNA EFFING KNOW WHY? Because she just found out that the guy she's been having a crush on since *turns head to ask* the fourth grade is now dating her best friend. BUT THAT'S BECAUSE HER BEST FRIEND DIDN'T EFFING KNOW BECAUSE MY SISTER'S SO FREAKING SOCIALLY IMPAIRED SHE DOESN'T SAY A THING. *sighs* So all Evie says is to tell you guys sorry for the lack of Hwajong and Yadong. *sighs again*

“Sungyeol…Oppa…wake up…”

            No matter how much she shook Sungyeol, though, he wouldn’t budge. Fei sighed, bending down next to her brother’s boyfriend’s ear. “SUNGYEOL ING OPPA, ING WAKE UP.”

            He didn’t budge.

            I think he’s learning this from L, Fei thought, groaning. “I swear, Oppa, if you don’t wake up right now, I will get a ing knife, take it, and –“

            “Alright, I’m awake!” Sungyeol shouted, sitting straight up. “No need to threaten me.”

            Fei rolled her eyes, then pulled him up from L’s side. “L didn’t wake up yet?”

            Giving her a slight crazy look, Sungyeol let go of L’s hand and said, “He isn’t going to wake up for a least another few weeks…”

            “I know,” she sighed. “Wishful thinking…anyway, Sunggyu Oppa wanted me to call you over because he wants to talk to Woohyun. About...well…you know.”

            Sungyeol nodded hurriedly and stepped away from the chair, saying, “Myungsoo, I’ll be gone for a while, okay? I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

            Beep, beep, the heart rate monitor machine said.

            “STOP!” Fei yelled, grabbing onto Sungyeol and pulling him out of the hospital room before he could destroy the machine.

 

“Woohyun…Woohyun-ah, wake up…”

            “W – what?” Woohyun sat up a little, rubbing his eyes. “Oh, hyung. Hi! Wait…what’s wrong? You look sad.”

            “Nothing,” Sunggyu dismissed. “I just need you to be awake right now because…well, Fei and Sungyeol –“

            “WE’RE HERE!” Fei shouted as she opened the door and dragged in Sungyeol, who was muttering ‘damn machine, I’ll kill you someday…’

            Sunggyu stood up, leaving Woohyun’s side to sit on one of the two chairs across from the bed. Sungyeol sat on the other, and Fei sat on the leg of Sunggyu’s chair.

            “I should probably start,” Fei said quietly after a moment of silence. Sungyeol gave her an encouraging nod and Sunggyu held her hand, which earned him a look of disgrace from Woohyun, so he let go. Instead, he patted her head.

            “I…have three sisters. Jia, Min and Suzy. Then there’s my brother, L. My dad’s name was Kim Jungwoo and my mom’s name was Park Gyuri.” She paused for a moment, looking at the ground. “They were horrible. Father came home drunk everyday and he and Mother would fight constantly. They would yell about the most nonsense things, from leaving his clothes on the floor to accidentally leaving the iron on.

            “I didn’t know why at the time, but Mother hated L the most out of us all. She would always yell and terrorize us, sure, but with L…she would actually hurt him. She’d scream at him that he was useless, she would hurt him so bad…”

            Fei looked up, the tears in her eyes obvious now. Woohyun felt somewhat scared, a little protective…like he wanted to kill this woman or something for hurting L, who he didn’t even know. Sunggyu was just speechless; he was still dumbstruck from what Sungyeol had told him last night. He wasn’t prepared for today’s talk, too. Sungyeol was just staring on, knowing what was coming up next. Woohyun, before his memory loss, didn’t know that Gyuri was beating up L prior to coming to his family.

            “She hated all of u – us,” Fei choked up. Sunggyu, patted her hand, telling her to go on. “She yelled at us all the time, but her hatred for L was so deep, I didn’t even understand. She despised him with all of her heart, and even L didn’t know why. We kept thinking maybe it was because he wasn’t a girl, or maybe because he didn’t meet up to her expectations. My mother was a teacher, the best. When L came, though, she quit her job and started tutoring L. She sent us all to school but kept L at home.

            “No matter what, though, L loved us. He was constantly being tortured at home, but he never forgot to show us a true smile or hug us when we came home from school. He’d always listen to Jia and Min’s rants about boys, mine on school subjects, and Suzy’s on some boy that cut the line in school. He worked so hard to make us feel like somebody cared, even though he knew that we had each other.

            “T – then one day…I woke up in the middle of the night because I couldn’t sleep,” Fei breathed out. She looked at Sungyeol, wanting him to take over the conversation, but he just shook his head lightly. There was a reason why she didn’t want to talk, though, but she knew she had to tell every bit of it now.

            “I walked past Mother and Father’s room to get to L’s room. He’d always comfort me…but then I stopped. Mother and Father always fought, sure, but none of us children ever bothered to listen. I don’t know why I decided to listen on, but I did.

            “Mother…was yelling…about Father’s ‘worthless, piece of trash’ son. She screamed at him for bringing the child home…why he brought the child home. I was so confused for a second, ‘brought the child home’? I didn’t know what she meant at all…then I figured out.

            Sungyeol stood up to walk over to her, holding onto her waist. Fei let out a shaky breath as Sungyeol’s grip tightened, and started talking again. “The child…L…was a bastard son. He wasn’t my real brother, he was only half. He was the result of what happened one night when my father was drunk. T – that’s not the worst part, though.” She looked down, playing with her fingers. “Kim Jungwoo’s eyes landed on a certain lady. A person he never thought that he’d lay eyes on again…his high school sweetheart.”

            Fei felt Sungyeol’s grasp on her fall. His arm was lifeless now and she knew why. This was the one detail that she had never told anybody, not L, not Jia or Min…nobody.

            Sunggyu was the first one to regain his thoughts, and he immediately stood up to walk over to Woohyun, who he knew was going to crash soon. Fei slipped onto his seat and Sungyeol sat at the leg.

            “…And that high school sweetheart’s name was Nam Jin Ri.”

            Woohyun’s eyes fell open as his face became pale. Sunggyu held onto his head, whispering, “It’ll be okay, Woohyun…”

            Fei, turning, burst into tears. Sungyeol held her as she cried, knowing that he had to talk now. He dug through his memories, thinking of the one day Myungsoo had crashed into his dorm room and broke down completely, telling him what had happen three years ago. “…Jungwoo was mesmerized by her beauty and he kidnapped her, taking her to a club. He didn’t know why she was alone, but…well…apparently she was his high school sweetheart, so I guess that didn’t matter anymore. And there…he her.”

            Fei’s cries worsened as the first tear dropped from Woohyun’s eyes. He was completely frozen, the hand held in Sunggyu’s no longer beating. Sunggyu, scared that his boyfriend would fall unconscious, held onto him tightly and said, “Please…Woohyun…it’s okay…”

            Sungyeol stared down at the girl crying in his arms and got rid of all his attempts to cry. “When Fei heard this, she ran to L’s room and told him. She relayed every word of what she had heard, and shattered. L wasn’t surprised though, he knew that something bad ought to have happened to make Gyuri hate him so much. The next day, he managed to look out who his real mother was and what had happened that one night.”

            Looking up at his hyung, Sungyeol mentally told him that it was his turn to talk now. Sungyeol then occupied himself to trying to soothe down his boyfriend’s sister.

            Sunggyu looked down at Woohyun, who was still frozen. Without another thought, Sunggyu began to tell him the exact words that Woohyun had told him that day at the café. The only thing he had left out, though, was what had brought L and Woohyun closer together. Woohyun didn’t need to know about their break up.

            As Woohyun listened, he didn’t know what to think. His mother…was …lawsuit…little brother…silence…L…Myungsoo…bond…Sunggyu…Sungah…tutor…Gyuri…scars…abused…video…beach…knife…Myungsoo…

            His head hurt so much and the pain was so unbearable now. Woohyun shut his eyes, trying to block out the sunlight and Sunggyu’s talking. He grabbed the sides of his head and shouted, “STOP!”

            It didn’t stop anything. He screamed, it hurt too much for anybody to believe. His eyes were shut close, tears flying out of his eyelids. “Make…it…stop!”

            The pains in his head kept coming, causing electric current wherever he went. Was somebody…killing him? Was this death? Hurting…

            “AGHH!” one last strike passed through his head as he screamed as loud as his vocal chords would permit him to.

            Slowly, one of his eyes opened to find Sunggyu, Sungyeol, and Fei standing over him. He was sweating horribly, everything shaking around him.

            “L…” he whispered before losing all consciousness. He felt one more sharp turn in his head and fell back into deep slumber.

How was the chapter? I thought it was pretty good...but my opinion doesn't really count for anything. Yeah, Evie's still sitting in the corner. Pshawww she better be paying me for this. >.> and did you guys notice? Each person narrated their partner's story, besides Fei. Yeah, Evie can be smart sometimes. Sometimes.

comment reply time. This really isn't going to be easy because I'm just going to be typing whatever she says...lol she's still mopey. All because she's shy. Gosh...somebody tell her to...er...girl up or something. Oh God. She just took out the big bag of shrimp chips.

@LollipopGirl01: it does, right? sometimes I think Evie's depressed. lol she says "young love's precious♥ and Hwajong are really cute, right?"

@_IShipEverCouple: Evie: "my bias is myungyeoljong :) omg I remember watching him dancing to magic girl with dongho and dongjun. he looked so much like a girl."

@pripri: Evie's depressing. Her: "it's sad, huh? 3"

@inspirit-kay: Evie: "they'll be strong! And he told him. now Woohyun knows :) and my poor Myungyeol T.T" (omg did you know how hard that comment was? she was telling me exactly which emoticon to put and she's like NO. THE TEEE. THE TEEEEEEE.)

@NinjaDae: no, now's she sitting on the floor eating chips. Evie: "helping's fun. lol you should volunteer somewhere! but if you're like me and lazy, you'd probably just stay home :) and thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the story."

@dojorockergirl: Evie: "because Yadong IS perfect together! I updated ^^" [that was so hard, when she was like, THE CARROT THING, NHI, THE CARROT LOOKING THING ON NUMBER 6] "and lol fluff? I'll consider it!"

@kpopluv7: Evie: "I love reading rants!" [or having them read to her] "yes, Gyuri is very stupid. I remember that episode! And then Sungyeol lost to Sungjong." [she was really upset about that] "Sunggyu's pretty awesome ♥ omg thank you so much! lol i'm super Myungyeol biased, so you can be Woogyu biased! but I love all the infinite couples ♥ and heartbreaking Hwajong 3 Yadong's always super cute! sorry for no Yadong this time around, though :( don't worry, I'm super weird too!" [I can second that completely] "and thank you so much again!"

@asdfghjklomg: when I told Evie this, she ran over to look at the screen. she'll type your reply and then go back to mope in the corner. "WAHHH THANK YOU SO MUCHH! There're a lot of INFINITE fanfics that are a lot more popular than mines, though :3 and they aren't 'you' tagged~~ hehe but still, thank you so much♥" yeah she just went back to the corner. thanks for cheering her up for a split second.

@ZO9ZO9: Evie: "let's hope!♥"

@rahhouma: Evie: "I'm sorry! They're in a coma...they can't wake up just yet :)"

@B1A4Katie1: Evie: "Sunggyu told him! Myungyeol is amazingly special♥ and sorry for no Yadong in this chapter :("

@BalancedCuppyCake: congrats, you got Evie to smile for about two seconds! Evie: "I wanna read it! And did you see the foreword? lol yep, Fei's going to be forever alone in this story :P and I'm sorry! Yeollie" [she had to tell me how to spell that lol] "and the heart rate monitor...I'm sorry!" I'm going to take over for a second. Because Sungjong isn't my bias, I CAN FREAKING TALK SMACK ABOUT MYUNGJONG. NO. NO. NO. THEY DO NOT BELONG TOGETHER. THEY ARE HORRIBLE TOGETHER. NO. JUST FREAKING NO. I WILL STRANGLE ANY MYUNGJONG SHIPPER I SEE, DISLIKE EVERY FREAKING MYUNGJONG VIDEO, MARK EVERY MYUNGJONG COMMENT AS SPAM. kk I'm a little mean. BUT NOO MYUNGJONG. back to Evie. "she didn't blow up on you, did she?" yeah, I did. "no. you cannot save them. they will be trapped in the little corner in a fire and blow up before you even get the notice that the hospital's on fire."

@lolaurakelly: Evie: "It's not! Myungsoo does need to wake up. But will he? ;)"

@chariiit: Evie: "lol Myungsoo's squishy :D"

@eunhyuklover99: oooh. Viet. I had the hardest time trying to read it without to Evie without any signs on it >.< Evie: "Myungyeol did reunite. It's just. well. myungsoo's not awake. XD" oh God here goes nothing, me trying to type viet. "lol Yadong couple khoe lam. Ya, bi gio chi buon lam :(" LOL how'd I do? Evie's too lazy to come back over here and correct me >.> (I'm not as Viet as she is...even if I have a Viet name...she does too, Evie's her American name lol)

@AnoBasho: Evie: "He'll wake up soon :P in a few weeks or so. lol yeah, Woohyun did. In my story! In real life, he's probably chocked full of fashion lol. Ya...dong is really adorable!♥" [I see what you did there...]

@kodiak: Evie: "I'M SORRY FOR THE ANGST. GO READ FLUFF AND BE HAPPY ONCE MORE. HWAYOUNG WILL(might) WAKE UP! XD" (yes, she did instruct me to write in caps lol)

@Aleera: Evie: "was it? :( aw, sad Hwajong D': " [lol it took me the longest time to get that face...Evie was like NO, AND THEN THE APOSTROPHE TO MAKE THE TEAR...-.-] "lol the only boyxgirl couple that I ever shipped was Khuntoria. now I'm shipping Hwajong too >.< Yadong's always cute♥ MYUNGYEOL!" 

@SaranghaeSuJuChullie: Evie: "Myungyeol's always so adorable! ♥ Sunggyu told him! and Myungsoo is really cute♥ he'll wake up. In a few weeks. lol XD and it's updated ^^"

@ChocoAikocream: Evie: "lol hopefully they'll wake up :P I'll take your love anyway though♥ lol and Myungyeol is super cute :) ♥"

@sherasazaly: Evie: "they're all so sad :( heh. Did I make it better? :)"

DONE. THAT WAS ABOUT 21. :) we started this at around 6 pm and now it's 7:26 pm. *sigh* yeah. Evie's still in the corner. She says that you guys liking the chapter will bring her back to live XD and she says that she poured her heart out in the chapter. so...hope you guys like it! :) and give Evie some support!

BYEBYE. MIGHT SEE YOU GUYS IF EVIE BREAKS DOWN AGAIN! ~Nhi :)