Chapter 1

Your Choice

 

I LOVE YOU LIKE YOU SARANGEHAEEEEEE~~

            “Noooo,” Sungyeol growled kicking his feet. His eyes shot open at the sound of his ringtone. What. Was. This.

            Feeling around, eyes still closed, he found his cell phone. It was still charging and, being lazy, he didn’t bother to yank the cord out.

            “What the do you wanttttttt,” Sungyeol groaned into the phone, not bothering to check the caller ID.

            “SUNGYEOL.”

            “What?” He asked, even more annoyed. The person on the other line was his best friend, Sunggyu. What the was Sunggyu doing, calling him this early?”

            “I’m lost.”

            “What?”

            “I’m lost.”

            “Sunggyu hyung. What the ARE YOU DOING AT,” he paused, glancing at the clock, “TWO IN THE MORNING GETTING LOST.”

            “Long story short, I was tired to staying cooped up in the house and went for a walk. I didn’t look at where I was going and…so…I kinda ended up in the middle of absolutely nowhere.”

            Sungyeol, annoyed, pulled the phone away from him and was about to hang up when Sunggyu shouted, “STOP. DON’T HANG UP ON ME. Really, Sungyeol. You gotta help me. I’ve got NO idea where I’m at right now.”

            “Alright, alright,” Sungyeol sighed, still tired as hell. Seriously, Sunggyu, what is this?!

            He shot upright on his bed, screaming.

            “What?” A voice came from the phone. “What happened, Sungyeol?!”

            Sungyeol pulled the phone to his ear, huffing. “Hyung…I think I just broke my back…Oh My God I’m getting old…HYUNGGG.”

            “Sungyeol. Really?”

            “Fine. I’ll be there in a sec. Wait. Where are you?”

 

In about half an hour, Sungyeol had managed to find Sunggyu. And he had to agree with the older male – this place was in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

            And it was dark.

            Sungyeol was scared of the dark.

            “Geez, why’d I even ask you to come if you were just gonna be like this?” Sunggyu complained, sneering at the tall boy who was clutching onto his arm in absolute fright.

            “I don’t know either, hyung!” Sungyeol screamed. He then retreated back to his hiding place next to Sunggyu when he heard the echo of his voice.

            Sunggyu stopped. “And you don’t even know where we are! You could’ve just remembered the directions to get here! What a dork.”

            “It’s two in the morning, hyung. I’m basically half-dead. Did you really expect me to pay attention to where I was going?”

            “YES! And –“

            “Whoaaaaaaaa.”

            Sunggyu followed Sungyeol’s gaze to find himself staring at possibly the biggest mansion he had ever seen. Or it was a normal mansion. Where Sunggyu and Sungyeol lived, the houses weren’t too big and they didn’t have a whole lot of money either.

            “Why the would someone put a mansion in the middle of nowhere?” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, being the first one to snap out of the daze.

            “I don’t know, but it’s still cool! C’mon hyung, let’s go in.”

            “WHAT?”

            “I said, let’s go in.”

            “Are you crazy, Sungyeol?”

            “It’s cold out here, hyung. And scary. I don’t like it.” Sungyeol pouted, pulling his friend closer and closer to the building.

            “No.”

            “Please?” Sungyeol gave him his famous wide-eyed stared.

            Weak, Sunggyu then replied, “Fine. But if nobody answers, we’re leaving. And if we get eaten alive, I swear I’m going to come back to life and ing kill you.”

            “YAYYY!” Sungyeol shouted, jumping up and down as the choding he was. Well, someone had changed moods pretty quickly. He hadn’t even bothered to listen to anything Sunggyu had said except for ‘Fine’.

            Sungyeol, still holding tightly onto Sunggyu’s hand, dragged him up the porch steps, and knocked onto the door with no avail. Nobody answered.

            “See? Now can we go back? I need to get home and get some rest.”

            “NO! Hyung, give it a while. I don’t wanna go back home just yet.”

            Sunggyu, falling for Sungyeol’s cuteness, decided to stay in front of the door. When nobody answered, Sungyeol grabbed onto the doorknob, just to find that it was open. Open.

            “Sungyeol…I don’t think it’d be a good idea to go inside.”

            Sungyeol ignored Sunggyu’s constant bickering and pulled them inside. It was pitch black, but the two of them could see a slight light at the end.

            From Sunggyu’s backside, they could hear water starting to pour. It was raining.

            “I told you, hyung, that – “

            “JUST SHUT THE UP, I FRANKLY DON’T GIVE A DAMN.”

            Sungyeol froze mid-sentence, slowly turning to his left, where the noise was coming from. For the first time, the two friends realized that there were people inside the house. Sure, there was a light. But now there were actually people.

            “That voice,” Sunggyu muttered. “Why does it seem so familiar?”

            There was a signal blaring in Sunggyu’s head not to follow Sungyeol, but he had to admit, he was just as curious. Slowly, the two of them inched closer and closer to the light.

            “Listen to me, hyung,” another voice hissed, sounding pushed. “Just listen to me. You don’t understand. Mother went through so much to convince Father to let us stop being homeschooled by that . Do you want to ruin Mother’s hard work?”

            The other boy was silent for a second, as if he was thinking. Finally, he grabbed something from his desk. Or that was what it sounded like – Sunggyu and Sungyeol were too busy backed up against the wall, trying their best not to be found.

            “Did you not hear me the first time, L? I. Don’t. Give. A. Damn!” And with that, he threw the glass bottle across the room and into the blackened, empty hallway. Or what he thought was empty.          

            “OHMYGOD WHAT THE -!”

            Sungyeol’s shouting was cut off by Sunggyu, who covered the younger boy’s mouth in complete fright. But just as he did, he realized why Sungyeol was screaming. Liquid was seeping from Sungyeol’s face onto Sunggyu’s hand. Red, dark liquid.

            “Who’s there?!” the first boy demanded, walking over to the hallway.

            Crap. Crap. Crap.

            Sunggyu thought of the last thing he watched on TV and his eyes widened. He then pressed Sungyeol and himself against the wall, hoping that he would be camouflaged as well as Jan Di was in Boys Over Flowers when she was spying on Ga Eul.

            “Hyung…stop it…it hurts…” That was all Sungyeol managed to push out before the two boys from inside the room walked into the hallway, turning on the light.

            Sungyeol examined them – the first boy was a well built, black haired handsome guy. The other one was a shorter, more mysterious guy. The shorter one had eyes that kept glaring at Sungyeol, like they could see through his soul. The two of them were both wearing black skinny jeans and different colored vests.

            “Sunggyu…” the first boy faltered, looking at Sungyeol’s hyung in a mix of shock and surprise.

            Sungyeol turned his head to Sunggyu, forgetting about his sharp cut and puffing eye. Sunggyu looked just as stunned, looking back at him.

            The unknown boy turned to the other one, saying, “L, take that guy –“ pointing at Sungyeol – “and clean him up in the bathroom. Remember to lock the door. I have to talk to somebody.”

I don't remember what I put for the A/N the first time I posted this ._. So um. Hope you like it? Comment and sub, please♥