Wake Up Call

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovc81VoiGGE

----

There was a knock on Daehyun’s door.

He didn’t bother to open it. He just sat at his desk with the photo album you had made on his lap.

The door opened anyways. “Jung Daehyun.” Yongguk spoke. “Are you really going to stay here? You’re not going after Yeojin?”

Himchan peered over Yongguk’s shoulder. “Yah, Jung Daehyun. Wake up. Stop wallowing in self-pity. You need to get your out of that chair and run after Yeojin. She’s probably waiting for you. Are you really choosing to let her down like this?”

Daehyun didn’t reply. He just ran his hand over the cover of the album.

“I thought you were in love with her.” Yongguk whispered.

*I am. I love Yeojin so much. I want her to be with me forever. But a part of me is still mad at her, and I can’t forgive myself for that. Besides, Baekhyun can give her so much more. In the end, I might be doing her a favor.* Daehyun thought.

Himchan growled in frustration. “YOU IDIOT! GO GET HER! RIGHT NOW!”

“Leave.” Daehyun whispered. “I want to be alone.”

“ARGH! YOU FOOL!” Himchan lunged for him, but Yongguk held him back. “Let’s go.”

“We’re seriously letting him make a mistake like this?!” Himchan asked in bewilderment.

Yongguk glanced at Daehyun. “This is up to him, not us.” He made Himchan leave then turned to Daehyun. “Jongup, Youngjae, Himchan, and I are going fishing, and we won’t be back until morning. It feels strange being in an empty house without either Yeojin or Zelo. I don’t suppose you want to come with us.” Again, Daehyun didn’t make an effort to respond. Yongguk sighed. *I didn’t think so.* “Lock the doors, all right?” He shut the door and left.

The house became empty. All that was left was Daehyun and his sorrow. His fingers twitched as he opened up the photo album. A pang of loneliness hit his stomach, and he swallowed hard at all the memories. He passed all the pictures from the old era and stopped at the photos that told the love story of Song Yeojin and Jung Daehyun. He spent long minutes on each memory and examined each photo thoroughly as if he wanted to engrave it in his mind.

Daehyun stopped at a random, candid picture of him. It was from the night they had all gone to the Hankang to play with fireworks. Daehyun was focusing on the firework in his hand. Meanwhile, you were popping out behind him with your arms formed into a heart. Your gaze was fixed on him, and a wide, happy smile was playing on your lips. He read the caption below in your neat writing. ‘Even when he’s not looking, I will always love him.’

Daehyun’s heart ached at those simple, warm words. Tears formed in his eyes, and his vision turned blurry.

Daehyun blinked away the tears and turned to the next page. The next photo was from the same setting, except now, the two of you were prepared for the photo. Daehyun was standing behind you with one of his arms securely wrapped around your shoulders. In the other hand, he was holding out a firecracker wand. You were making peace signs with both your hands and smiling sweetly at the camera. The Daehyun in the photo was so different from the one who was staring at the picture now.

The Daehyun in the photo was so relaxed and happy. He was confident and strong. He knew he could protect the girl he loved no matter what. Nothing and no one could tear him away from her.

So what had happened? How had he become so lost and weak?

The Daehyun now was nothing but a coward. *Yeojin was right. I do have an inferiority complex.* He was about to shut the album when an envelope fell out from the last page. Puzzled, Daehyun picked it up. *What is this? I’ve never seen this before.* Curiosity got the best of him. Daehyun opened the envelope and pulled out a letter on floral-patterned paper. His eyes rounded when he realized it was a heartfelt letter from you.

Surprise!

Oppa didn’t know there was a letter in the back of this, did you?

I wanted to reward you when we got to the last page of the album.

I can’t believe we’re already finished with this album. I bet we had a lot of fun filling this up with memories, huh?

I’m so ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter