Smile Again

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SaIKbhR7ps

-----

A few days had passed since White Day.

Despite the encouragement from Daehyun, Zelo seemed more depressed and quiet. It looked as if things hadn’t become better between Zelo and Saemi. You didn’t like seeing Zelo so glum. You’d rather he be a rebel and shout his feelings out instead of barricading himself in his room all the time.

After school on a Friday, you met up with Baekhyun and went to get something to drink.

You sipped your strawberry smoothie and sighed.

Baekhyun stopped drinking his banana kiwi smoothie and blinked at you. He set his drink on the table and crossed his arms at the table. “What’s wrong, Yeojin? You look troubled lately.”

“It’s nothing.” You shook your head.

“Sure. That’s why you sigh every five seconds and frown every three.” Baekhyun teased.

You didn’t deny his observations. “Tell me, Yeojin. If I can help you, I will.” He promised.

You set your drink on the glass table and looked at him. “It’s not really my problem. It’s Zelo’s actually.”

“Zelo?” Baekhyun asked. You nodded. “Did he tell you about White Day?”

“Oh. Yes, about Saemi.” Baekhyun replied.

“Ever since then, he’s been gloomy. All the happiness out of him. It’s like he’s trying to be like her.” You sighed once more.

“Are you angry at the girl? Do you want to beat her up? Would that make you feel better?” Baekhyun lightly joked.

“No, I’m not mad at her, and violence wouldn’t solve anything.” You answered. His expression softened. He liked the way you thought.

“But I just want to know why she doesn’t like Zelo. I mean, of course she has a right not to. I just want to ask her to politely decline him so that he doesn’t get his hopes up. It would make him feel a lot better, and he would be able to get over her.” You propped up your elbow on the table and rested your chin on your palm.

“You’re a good sister, Yeojin.” Baekhyun complimented.

“Not really. I feel helpless. I’m not able to do anything for him in this situation.” You said.

“Don’t worry about it. Things work out themselves. I think this is an obstacle that Zelo needs to overcome alone.” Baekhyun said.

*That’s true. But the problem is that he really is alone. Saemi is like a locked box. She won’t reveal her true feelings, which is why Zelo is stuck where he is now.* You pondered. *If only she could at least tell him that she’s not interested, but she’s not giving hints to either yes or no at the moment.*

After finishing the cold smoothies, Baekhyun drove you home.

“Hey, isn’t that Zelo with Saemi?” He asked. Fully alert, you straightened up, “Where?!”

“In front of your house.” Baekhyun said. Sure enough, Zelo was standing in front of your house with Saemi. It seemed like he was speaking, but her gaze was averted to the ground.

Baekhyun carefully pulled to a stop. Saemi looked up and stiffened. Zelo turned back, “Noona…hyung…”

Both of you stepped out and looked at the high school students.

“Hey, Zelo.” Baekhyun waved. You waved also, but you leveled your gaze to Saemi. She quickly looked away with pinched eyebrows. She looked painfully awkward.

“Hey, Zelo. I actually left something important at your house on Saturday. Can you go with me to search for it?”

Zelo glanced at Saemi then eyed Baekhyun, “Now?” Baekhyun nodded, “I really need it.”

Zelo looked at Saemi, “Wait here, please, Saemi.”

She looked uncertain. He gave you a pleading look.

You nodded, promising to keep her here.

Zelo and Baekhyun headed into your house. Baekhyun glanced back at you and secretively nodded at Saemi. You blinked in surprise. *What?* “Talk to her.” He mouthed. That’s when you realized Baekhyun hadn’t really left anything in Zelo’s room. He was simply giving you a chance to talk to Saemi. You became grateful because of his thoughtfulness. *Thank you Baekhyun oppa.*

You turned to Saemi, who didn’t speak one word. G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter