Graduation

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CETk_e1Js4Q

----

“I can’t believe we’re graduating already!”

“Does my gown look okay?”

“I’m so nervous. This is it. We’re going to start a new life!” Your classmates excitedly chirped.

Everyone was looking forward to the graduation ceremony except for you. You were sitting blankly in the auditorium in your black and gold graduation gown. You couldn’t stop thinking about Daehyun. Ever since that night he had discovered you with Baekhyun, he hadn’t forgiven you. He refused to talk to you, and he was absent more than ever. You knew he was avoiding you and your calls. You the butterfly necklace around your neck. *I wonder if he’ll come to my graduation.*

“Yeojin!” Your friends startled you.

“What are you thinking so seriously about?! It’s graduation day, silly!” Eunji giggled. “Let’s take a picture.” Chorong held up her phone. Eunji came on the other side of you. They made cute faces while you weakly smiled. Kai and Eunhae knew you better though. They knew that smile of yours was fake.

“Is she still on bad terms with Daehyun hyung?” Kai asked. Eunhae sighed, “Yeah. Youngjae oppa told me he doesn’t see them together anymore. Yeojin tries, but Daehyun oppa will avoid her at all costs. It’s so sad. What happened that made their relationship deteriorate so quickly like this?” Kai had an idea, and he wasn’t happy about it. *I thought you wouldn’t try to steal her away, hyung. Look where your selfishness led to. Daehyun hyung and Yeojin are on the verge of breaking up now.*

One of the senior teachers came in and clapped loudly, gaining everyone’s attentions. “All right! The ceremony is about to begin! All you seniors followed me!” The seniors chattered animatedly while traipsing towards the outdoor stadium. You trailed behind Chorong and Eunji.

Eunhae tapped your shoulder. “Are you all right?” She whispered, worriedly.

You gave her a small smile, but your eyes were sad. “I’m fine.” Your eyes scanned the many faces. *Is Daehyun oppa amongst these people?* With a depressed sigh, you sat down.

The long, boring ceremony began. The principal, valedictorian, and several teachers spoke. Finally, one by one, the names were called. “Kim Jongin.” The principal called. Many girlish squeals came from the crowd. “Go Kai!” His friends hollered. Embarrassed, but pleased, he accepted the diploma. “Excuse me. Sorry.” Baekhyun bowed and made his way towards the front. He clapped as his cousin went down the stage. Baekhyun looked down at the two bouquets of flowers. He stretched his neck to get a better look. *I wonder when will it be Yeojin’s turn.*

“Park Eunhae.” The principal announced. She squeezed your hand and walked onto the stage. “GO EUNHAE!” Chorong and Eunji cheered loudly. Youngjae was applauding near the back with Yongguk, Himchan, Zelo, and Jongup.

Your names were one of the last ones on the list. “Song Yeojin.” The principal read out loud. With a deep breath, you stood up. “YOU GO GIRL!” Your friends whooped. You gave them an uneasy smile and went up. Baekhyun perked up. *There she is.* “GO BABY DOLL!” Himchan’s voice rang throughout the stadium, earning a few snickers. Your heart felt heavy as you accepted the diploma. You stood there and stared at it in melancholy. *This is it. The beginning of a life without many people. Zelo, Youngjae oppa, and possibly Daehyun oppa. Today is supposed to be a special day, but I’m dreading it. So many people will leave my side after this.*

Everyone wondered why you were just standing there. Baekhyun looked at you in concern. Kai and Eunhae glanced at each other in confusion while Chorong and Eunji gasped and whispered to each other. “What the…?” Himchan looked around, baffled. A frown appeared on Yongguk’s face. Jongup looked puzzled, and Zelo became apprehensive.

Another person was worried about you. In the distance away from everyone else, Daehyun was gazing at you with longing and despondency. His heart wanted to reach out for you, but his pride held him back. At last, you snapped out of your daze. Mortified, you bowed several times and came downstairs. Laughter filled the stadium, and the name calling began again. The principal stepped up to the podium for the last congratulatory speech.

Daehyun took out his phone and called someone. Minutes later, Jongup came running towards him. “Hyung, what are you doing? All of us are over there. Come on.”

“I can’t stay.” Daehyun said. Jongup’s face fell. “Hyung-“

“Give this to Yeojin.” Daehyun held out the bouquet of pink tulips. “Say it’s from you.”

“Hyung…” Jongup whimpered. “Make up an excuse for me.” Daehyun turned away and left.

Jongup sighed and scratched his head in frustration. *Don’t make me the bad messenger!*

The formal procedure came to an end. Everyone was allowed to join their families. You hurried through the crowd and searched for Daehyun. “Yeojin!” A hand caught your arm. You spun around only to face Himchan. “Oppa…” “Congrats!” He beamed as he held out a bouquet of roses. “Thank you.” You gave him a half-hearted smile. The rest of the boys came over.

“Happy graduation, noona.” Zelo wrapped his long arm around you and gave you a tight hug. You hugged his slender waist gratefully. “Thank you for coming.” “I wouldn’t miss the graduation of my one and only noona.” He softly smiled. Your heart ached, but you kept a smile plastered on your face.

“Congratulations, nun.” Youngjae handed you a bouquet also with a small, distant smile. “Thank you…” You accepted his gift. He looked like he had more to say but at the last minute he changed his mind and just stepped back with an awkward smile. “I, um, I’m going to look for Eunhae. Yeah…” Youngjae walked away.

Yongguk placed a hand on your head with a fatherly smile. “Congratulations, Yeojin. I was so proud seeing you go up there and receiving your diploma. I knew you would make it. I know you’ll go far in life, honeybunny.”

“It’s mostly because of you, Yongguk oppa. You were always there to support me emotionally, physically, mentally, and financially. Thank you, oppa, for helping me come this far.” You sincerely said. His eyes grew wet at your little speech, and he gently your forehead with his thumb. “Thank you, Yeojin. It means a lot…that you tell me that.” *Especially right now when everyone is going their separate ways without hesitation.*

“Hey, guys.” Jongup appeared. “Where the heck did you disappear off to?” Himchan asked. “Um, the flower shop. I couldn’t come empty-handed.” Jongup felt guilty as he claimed Daehyun’s flowers as his. *Daehyun hyung wanted me to do this. I must listen to his request.* He pasted a too-bright grin on his face and held the flowers out, “HAPPY GRADUATION, SNOOPY!”

“Whoa, damn, not so loud.” Yongguk shook his head.

“Um, thank you.” You gazed at the tulips. They reminded you of Daehyun. The thought of him made you look up and search your vicinity. *He’s not here. He didn’t come after all.* Your shoulders drooped immediately. Your disappointment was evident to the boys.

“Hey,” Himchan tried to distract you, “How about we go get something to eat? Korean barbeque sound good?”

“Yeojin noona likes pasta!” Zelo informed.

Yongguk put an arm around him, “The maknae is right. Let’s go to your favorite pasta house, Yeojin. Himchan’s treat.”

“Muh?!” Himchan asked, flabbergasted. Yongguk shrugged and nodded towards you. “Oh, all right! Only because it is Yeojin!” Himchan huffed.

“Hey.” A gentle voice called. Everyone looked up. “Baek hyung.” Zelo called. Slowly, you looked up and met eyes with Baekhyun. You hadn’t seen him since that disastrous night. You didn’t know if you should be upset, angry, or sad at him. You felt ambivalent about this. Baekhyun gave you a warm, easy smile and stretched out the bouquet of sunflowers. “Congratulations on graduating, Yeojin.”

Your expression softened. *Who am I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter