The Truth about Zelo

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epdUbJUpPeI

----

The house was filled with tension. It was silent, and no one dared make a sound.

You served tea to the lady; however, she just sat there observing the place as if she was assessing whether or not it was a worthy enough place for her son to live or not.

Daehyun and you sat apart from her.

“Why aren’t the oppas coming?” You whispered. He shook his head. He didn’t know why either. It felt like hours since you had contacted Himchan.

At that moment, the front door burst open. Daehyun and you shot out of the seats.

Yongguk rushed inside with wide eyes. His hair was black and yellow at the tips. “What’s going on? Is everyone okay?” He looked you up and down then spun you around to check if you were harmed. “Where are Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo?” Himchan asked as he struggled to catch his breath.

“Don’t worry. They’re safe.” Daehyun assured. “But Zelo might not be okay…” You chewed on your bottom lip.

Yongguk pinched his eyebrows together, “What do you mean? Did Zelo get in trouble at school?”

You shook your head.

“Are you their guardian?” The lady rose from the couch.

Yongguk turned his head. He hadn’t noticed someone else was in his home. “Who is that?” Himchan whispered.

“That…” You took a deep breath, “Is Junhong’s mother.”

“What?!” Himchan gaped at you. Yongguk stared at you as if you had spoken an alien language. Then he fastened his eyes on the older woman in front of him.

“At least…that’s what she told us.” You mumbled.

“Impossible.” Himchan whispered. “Zelo’s mom was a drug abuser. She was taken away. For all we know, she could be dead.”

“Excuse me. It is rude to talk about me when I am right in front of you.” The lady frowned.

Himchan ducked at the hostility in her voice. Yongguk came back to his senses and cleared his throat. “You say you are Junhong’s mother?” He asked in his deep voice.

“I am Junhong’s mother.” The lady claimed.

Yongguk glanced at Himchan. Himchan shook his head and shrugged. Yongguk turned back to her. “I’m sorry if this seems rude, but how can you prove it to us?” She opened to refute when he spoke, “All these years we believed Zelo’s mother to be someone else. Now someone claiming to be his biological mother shows up in front of our door. You can’t expect us to just go along with everything you say.”

The lady thought about it for a while then nodded, “You are right. I apologize for the suddenness. I just…you have no idea how long I’ve been searching for my son. When I heard that Junhong really does live here, I was so relieved.”

Before Yongguk could ask for details, Jongup came downstairs. He glanced at the lady warily then looked at the older boy. “Is Zelo all right?” Yongguk asked. “He’s having a hard time…” Jongup admitted. The woman’s eyebrows pinched together, and she frowned uneasily, “What is wrong with Junhong? Does he need to go to the hospital?” *No, he just needs to stay away from you.* Daehyun thought.

“Go bring him down.” Yongguk commanded. Jongup glanced at the woman once again, nodded, and disappeared.

The lady pursed her lips in distaste, “It seems as if you are in charge here.”

“I am the oldest.” Yongguk revealed. “Along with me.” Himchan stepped up.

“How old are you two?” She interrogated.

“Twenty-three.” Yongguk squared his shoulders.

“Hmm…” The lady examined you and Daehyun. “How many are living under this roof?”

“Seven in total.” Himchan answered this time.

Her eyebrow rose up in disapproval, “Including this girl?”

*’This girl’ happens to be my girlfriend.* Daehyun stepped forward to defend you. You grabbed his clenched fist. “Oppa.” You whispered with pleading eyes. Reluctantly he stepped back and relaxed his fist.

“Hmmm…seems disastrous.” The lady mumbled.

Himchan raised an eyebrow, while Daehyun glared at her. *Is she serious? Zelo’s mom or not I will talk back if she disrespects us like that.*

“We’re all from the same orphanage, and we were taken here by our foster father together. No matter what, we always stick together.” Yongguk placed a hand on your shoulder, “Yeojin, included.”

“Hmm…” She gave you a distrustful look as if there was another reason why you were kept with six fully-grown boys. You squirmed uncomfortably under her judging gaze. Himchan narrowed his eyes. He didn’t like it when people were discourteous towards you. He put his arms around your shoulders and pulled you away from her scrutinizing gaze. *I really hope this witch isn’t Zelo’s biological mother. I’d hate it if the poor kid has such a wench for a mom.*

“And what kind of a name is Zelo?” The lady questioned.

“That’s his nickname. He likes to be called by that instead of Junhong.” Yongguk answered as politely as he could.

“Hmpf.” She looked disapleased at such an ‘uncivilized’ name.

There was noise on the stairs. Everyone turned back. The woman’s expression softened, “Junhong.” Zelo refused to meet eyes with her. He turned to Yongguk instead, “You called, hyung?” She was displeased how he answered him and not her. “We need to talk.” Yongguk said. “I have nothing to say.” Zelo muttered. “You might not, but she does.” Yongguk stated. “Who is she?” Zelo asked.

“Junhong, I am your mother.” The lady reminded.

Zelo her with nasty eyes. “YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER! MY MOTHER IS DEAD!” He hissed.

Shock crossed her face. “Junhong…” She seemed hurt. Her son was not as she had expected him to be.

“Zelo.” You whispered. “I’m not dumb! I was old enough when I was taken away from my mom! I remember her! And YOU are n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter