Mom

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_WpQqdM7Z8

-----

 

Zelo slammed his locker shut and looked out the window. Rain pelted across the dirty glass windows. *Why is it always raining now? I hate the rain.* With a weary sigh, he swung his backpack over his shoulder and trudged out of the school. He stopped when he saw Saemi peering up at the gloomy sky. One of the senior girls ‘accidentally’ shoved her, causing her to step into a puddle and sodden her ruined sneakers. “Oops. My bad.” Snickering, the seniors left.

Zelo pursed his lips in disapproval. *So immature.* Shaking his head, he approached Saemi. Zelo grasped her arm and helped her back into the dryness. “Zelo…are you going home now?” Saemi quietly asked. He nodded, “You?” “Same here. It’s raining though, and I forgot my umbrella.” She looked up at the pouring sky.

“By the way,” Saemi turned her head and looked up inquisitively at him. “How did it go with…that woman?”

Zelo stared at her. “Is that…your mom?” Saemi asked.

Zelo looked at the rain-slicked pavement. “No.” He mumbled.

“Oh. Well you look like her a lot anyways.” Saemi said.

“I do?” He blinked in surprise. She shrugged, “Maybe the eyes, just a little.”

Zelo remembered his mother’s words. “You have my eyes, but you have his cheekbones and height.” *I guess we really do alike, even to others. Wait, what am I saying?* Zelo shook his head, refusing to accept the fact that he was softening.

“I should go. Later.” Saemi stepped into the rain.

“Wait.” Zelo held her back. He opened up his backpack and pulled out the umbrella you had bought just two days ago since he had lost the previous one once again. “Take this.” Zelo held it out.

Saemi gaped at him, “Then how will you go home?”

“I have longer legs than you. I can run home in no time.” Zelo placed his umbrella in her hand and made a peace sign with a forced attempt to smile. “Peace.” With that, he began running.

Saemi glanced at his dark green umbrella in her hand and softened. *You are so nice to me, Zelo.*

Zelo covered his head and ran in long strides, thanks to his long legs. All of a sudden, a car honked behind him. Without even pondering the fact that it could be the person he least wanted to see, he stopped and turned back. The window opened, and Mrs. Choi beckoned, “Come inside, Junhong! It’s raining, and you’ll catch a cold.”

“Buzz off.” Zelo muttered and stalked off.

Mrs. Choi heard the distant rumble of thunder. She couldn’t just let him go like that this time. Mrs. Choi took an umbrella and ran towards him. “Junhong, please!” He stopped and turned around. Mrs. Choi tried to cover him with the umbrella. He whacked her hand away, and she blinked at him, hurt and surprised. “Junhong…”

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?! Why?! Why?! Why?! You’re ruining my life!” He screamed. Her face fell.

“Just go away. Go back to America, and act like I don’t exist, all right?” Zelo sneered bitterly.

“I’m sorry, Zelo. I’m sorry if I made you feel like that. I- I didn’t want to hurt you. I know I made a mistake by letting you go. I was young, and I was stupid. That is not an excuse, but there’s nothing I can do about it now.” Her eyes welled up with tears. “Call me selfish, but I can’t let you go now. You may not believe me, but I searched for you all my life. Ever since I heard what Anna did, I was furious with myself for letting you go to someone like that. I looked for you, and now I have finally found you. I just give you up so easily.”

“WHY?! You did before! Just do it now!” Zelo sneered.

Mrs. Choi began to sob, “I CAN’T! And believe me when I say it wasn’t easy to let you go the first time! I had to let you go myself, or your grandmother would have let you go to an orphanage where I would have never been able to find you! It was better for me to leave you to someone I could keep track of!”

Zelo’s embittered tears spilled down his cheeks. “Well what a wasted effort. I ended up going to the orphanage anyways!”

“Junhong, please! You are my son! What kind of a mother would be able to live happily knowing her son is alone in the world?! I love you!” Mrs. Choi cried.

Zelo softened for a few seconds. His heart tingled and warmth surrounded him. It was the first time someone other than his hyungs and noona had said it to him. And he had to admit…it sounded nice.

“I love you, Zelo. You are my son, and no matter what you say now, that will never change. I am your mother, and I will always support you until the end.” Mrs. Choi swore.

Zelo’s face darkened once again. “Disappear from my life forever.” Pain stained her face. “Junhong-ah…” His heart twisted in guilt, but he turned and walked away. More tears slid down his face. *Who cares how she feels? She can go back to America, and live the good life with her family. I never ever want to see her again.* “Junhong, at least take this umbrella! You’ll get sick!” Mrs. Choi chased after him. *God, this woman never stops.* Zelo began running.

“Junhong-“

HONK! HONK! SCREECH! BAM!

The sound of tires scraping the wet asphalt made his stomach clench. He couldn’t hear his mother’s voice anymore.

*Where did she go? Why did she stop screaming? Did she give up and finally go?*

Dreadfully, Zelo turned around. His eyes widened, and shock seized his heart. A big water truck was smashed into the brick wall, and huge bottles of water covered the ground. That was the least of his worries though. Mrs. Choi was lying down unconscious with blood running down her open head. The umbrella was flattened on the ground, and rain mercilessly showered over her unconscious, broken body. “Umma…” Zelo whispered. He realized what his last words to her had been.

“Disappear from my life forever.”

His eyes filled with tears, “Umma… UMMA!” Without a second thought, Zelo raced over. He bent down by her bloody body. His hands trembled uncontrollably. He didn’t know where he could touch her without making things worse. “Umma, wake up. Please! Oh God! SOMEBODY HELP! CALL 119! MY MOM IS DYING!” Zelo screamed. He touched her arms and bawled, “You can’t just go like this. When I said I wanted you to disappear from my life forever, I DIDN’T MEAN IT LIKE THIS! IF YOU LEAVE NOW, I’LL NEVER EVER FORGIVE YOU! I’LL HATE YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! I’LL CURSE YOUR NAME AND LIVE A BITTER LIFE WITHOUT LAUGHTER OR SMILES! I’LL MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY EVEN IN YOUR DEATH! SO WAKE UP, UMMA! JAEBAL! I’M BEGGING YOU!”

Zelo placed his face on his arm and cried loudly. “Please, mom…don’t die…”

----

The elevator doors swept open. Yongguk, Himchan, and you stepped out and entered one of the hallways of the Seoul Hospital. “Is it this way?” Himchan asked. “I think it’s over there.” Yongguk pointed. The three of yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter