Daehyun's Birthday

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was November 28th, a day that was special for you.

It wasn’t your anniversary or your birthday.

It was Daehyun’s birthday. He would finally turn twenty.

It was a day to celebrate by throwing a massive festive party!

Unfortunately, Daehyun was not a party-person. He didn’t like people making a fuss about his birthday and preferred it if everyone acted as it was just a normal birthday. However, since it was the first year you were celebrating his birthday as his girlfriend, you couldn’t let the day pass by without a fuss. The morning began normally. You woke everyone up, and breakfast was served. “Happy birthday, Daehyun.” Casual greetings were passed along to him. Daehyun was satisfied. There was no commotion about the special day, and he liked it that way.

“I’ll catch up to you soon next month. Just watch.” Youngjae winked and clucked his tongue while pointing at him.

After breakfast, Jongup helped you clean up. You met eyes with Jongup who took the hint and nodded. He cleared his throat. “Hey, Daehyun hyung?” Daehyun looked at him. “Since it’s your birthday, can we go to Seoul city and play at the arcade?” Jongup asked. Daehyun raised an eyebrow, “It’s my birthday. Aren’t we supposed to do what I want instead of what you want?” “Okay, what do you want to do?” Jongup asked.

“Spend time with Yeojin. Alone.” Daehyun replied with a straight face.

“Oppa! That’s not nice! Jongup oppa just invited you out!” You rebuked. He shrugged, “I’d rather spend time with you.”

You rolled your eyes at his stubbornness. You met eyes with Youngjae and mouthed, “Do something!”

Youngjae sighed but sat up and said, “Come on, Daehyun. You can spend the afternoon with us and then the evening with Yeojin. That is what you wanted, wasn’t it? To be with her in the dark doing something only grown-ups should do?” There was the sound of the frying pain hitting the counter. Everyone looked up in shock. “Sorry. Fly.” Yongguk shrugged casually. You eyed him fearfully. You had a feeling it wasn’t a fly he was aiming at but Daehyun’s head.

“Come on, hyung.” Jongup smiled amiably and pulled Daehyun up, “Let’s go!”

“We can go shopping, too. I’ll buy you a toothbrush. Yours is all worn out.” Youngjae clapped him in the back.

“But Yeojin…” Daehyun glanced back at you. Beaming a little too widely, you waved your hands, “Go. Have fun with the oppas.” “Fine. I guess. Wait for me. I’ll be back soon.” Daehyun promised. “Don’t worry about me and take your time.” You giggled. After Daehyun had left, your plan came into action. “Oppa! Let’s go to the market!”

“I’m coming.” Yongguk tugged his shirt over his head and took his keys. “I want to go, too!” Himchan ran over.

“No, oppa. You need to go get decorations and the cake.” You said. His face fell, “Alone?!”

“Why don’t you go with Zelo?” You suggested. “Sorry. I have plans.” He headed upstairs.

“But we’re making a surprise party for Daehyun oppa!” You proclaimed. “I’ll be back by then!” Zelo flicked his hand carelessly and disappeared into his room. You sighed. *I was counting on your height to reach the ceiling.*

“It’s okay. Himchan can go alone. He’s always a loner anyways.” Yongguk chuckled.

“Yah!” Himchan shoved him.

Yongguk and you went to the market while Himchan, begrudgingly, went to the party store all by himself. Yongguk pushed the cart while you shopped for a variety of ingredients for Daehyun’s favorite dishes. “Is there anything you want to eat, Yongguk oppa?” You glanced back at him. Yongguk smiled, “You’ll cook for me, too, honeybunny? Even though it’s not my day?” Smiling, you nodded, “Of course. My husband is number one to me.” “So sweet.” He ruffled your hair, and you giggled. “Thank you for the offer, but I’m good. Focus on your number two for today.” You laughed and shook your head at his silliness.

Two hours later, the two of you came back home. Himchan had been home a while ago. He scowled when you came in, “I’m still mad at you for leaving me.” “I brought red bean cake for you.” You held out the paper bag. “YES!” Himchan shot off the couch, snatched the bag, and kissed your cheek. “I forgive you!”

Chuckling, you shook your head. *He’s so easy to please.*

Yongguk and Himchan decorated the place while you prepared the food. You could hear them squabbling in the living room.

“The banner is crooked, you idiot!” Yongguk hissed. “BABY DOLL! YONGGUK IS BEING MEAN TO ME!” Himchan tattled.

You laughed as you heard them bicker like little kids. “Hmpf. I don’t want to work with Yongguk. He’s bossy.” Himchan walked into the kitchen with a pout. When he saw you cooking, he brightened and ran over. Himchan slipped his arms around your waist. “Daehyun isn’t here anymore! I have you all to myself! Now you are all mine!” He giddily claimed.

“Yongguk oppa! Himchan oppa is being clingy again!” You called.

“KIM HIMCHAN! COME BACK INTO THE LIVING ROOM NOW!” Yongguk ordered.

“I don’t like the way Yongguk is influencing you, baby doll.” Sadly, Himchan trudged back into the kitchen.

Giggling, you shook your head. *Babo oppa.* The sun was beginning to set. You received a call from Youngjae. “Can I bring him home now? He’s rampaging like a baboon because he wants to be with you. And now he’s becoming suspicious why we won’t’ let him go home already although we’ve gone to seven different arcades already. I don’t want to screw up the surprise party.” “Okay! You can bring him home! Call me when you’re almost here!” You quickly said and hung up. “The oppas are bringing him home!” You took the cake from the refrigerator and put the candles on. You went into the living room and looked up at the splendidly decorated room.

Everything was in neon colors, Daehyun’s favorite.

“Wow…” You said in awe. “Oppas are…amazing! Instead of running a car shop, you should be a party planner.”

“That good?” Yongguk grinned. “Fantastic.” You squeezed his arm with an admiring smile.

Himchan darted over. “I helped! Show me affection, too!” Laughing, you hugged his waist.

Himchan smiled widely, happy to receive your attention.

“Now I’m going to get ready for the party. Can someone call Zelo, please?” You requested. “I will.” Yongguk said.

After changing into a pretty blue-and-white striped sweater and white denim skirt, you hopped downstairs. You spun around, “Do you think Daehyun oppa will like it?” Himchan whistled, “Forget what Daehyun thinks. I like it.” Yongguk rolled his eyes and shook his head. The door opened, and everyone froze. To your relief, it was only Zelo. He blinked, “Why are you all staring at me?”

“You scared us! We thought you were Daehyun! Aish!” Himchan put a hand over his chest.

“You’re late, Zelo!” You reprimanded.

“Daehyun hyung isn’t here yet.” Zelo shrugged. You opened your mouth to retort, but Youngjae called you right then. Your eyes rounded, “You’re here?! Okay, okay!” You shut the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter