Does he love me?

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B93p_-UBEv8

-----

It was the evening of Baekhyun’s birthday party. It took you about an hour to prepare for the party. You knew it wouldn’t be a fancy party, but still, you wanted to dress nicely. After checking yourself in the mirror, you took the gift box and headed downstairs.

“Whoa.” Himchan’s eyes rounded. You stopped walking and warily blinked, “What? Do I look weird?”

“Weird?! Don’t be ridiculous! You look hot! Don’t you think so, Jongup?” Himchan clapped him on the back. Beaming widely, Jongup nodded, stood up, and clapped. “You look lovely, Yeojin.”

You blushed slightly by his standing ovation, “Er, thanks, oppa.”

Daehyun came from the kitchen. He halted and looked you up and down in your pale pink chiffon dress. “You’re going to wear that to the party?” Daehyun asked. “Yes. Why? You don’t like it?” You asked, slightly disappointed. *I’m afraid he will.*

“Don’t mind Daehyun. He’s just insecure.” Himchan laughed. *You have no idea.* Daehyun thought.

Your phone rang. “Hello?” You answered. “Okay, I’ll be out. Bye.” You disconnected the call. “That was Kai. He’s here.”

“Have fun at the party!” Jongup waved. “Bye, baby doll!” Himchan winked.

“I’ll walk you out.” Daehyun offered. The two of you left the house. “Are you sure you don’t need a coat?” He asked. “I’ll be fine. It’s not a cold night.” You stopped at the gate and faced him. “I’ll see you later.” Suddenly, an ominous feeling shrouded his heart. He didn’t feel right sending her away on a silver platter to Baekhyun. You kissed his cheek, “Bye, oppa.” You leaned back only to have him grasp your wrist. Daehyun gazed into your eyes with urgency. “Do you have to go tonight?”

You blinked at him in surprise. When you had first announced Baekhyun’s party, Daehyun hadn’t objected. However, now, he seemed determined to keep you here. “Um, well, I already told Baekhyun oppa that I would…” You saw a flash of dejection on your boyfriend’s face. You pinched your eyebrows in worry. “What’s wrong, Daehyun oppa?”

“Nothing is wrong. I just…I just…” *Damn. How am I supposed to tell her that I feel insecure whenever she’s with Baekhyun? How can I tell her to stay away from Baekhyun without sounding possessive?* Daehyun looked perplexed.

You hadn’t seen him so uneasy in a while, and it made you nervous, too. You stepped closer to him. “If you really don’t want me to go, I won’t. I can stay with you.”

Daehyun felt blessed to have such a compassionate girlfriend. He opened his mouth to say yes but stopped when he saw a familiar necklace around your neck. “Is that…?”

You glanced down and smiled. “Yeah, it’s the butterfly necklace you gave me for my birthday last year. It’s beautiful, huh? It goes with anything I wear.” You touched the butterfly pendant, “When I wear this, it feels like you’re with me wherever I go. So I feel safe and happy.”

Daehyun softened. *Stupid Jung Daehyun. You’re letting your insecurity hold Yeojin back. If you really love her like you say you would, you should just trust her and let her go. If going to this party makes her happy, then you shouldn’t keep her.* “You should go, Yeojin. Kai is waiting.”

Confusion crossed your face, “I thought you wanted me to stay.”

Daehyun shook his head and forced a smile. “I just said that as a joke. But I’ll miss you.”

“I will, too.” You chuckled. He touched the butterfly pendant and softly whispered, “Think of me.”

“You never leave my mind, oppa.” You gave him another peck on the cheek and waved, “Bye!”

Daehyun waved and watched as Kai opened the door of the black car. You waved again and ducked inside. Kai glanced back. Guilt formed in the pit of his stomach. *Poor Daehyun hyung. I’m not personally close with him, but I can tell how much he cares for Yeojin.* He waved lightly, “Hey, hyung.” Daehyun nodded back. “I’ll bring her home safely.” Kai promised.

Daehyun nodded again, grateful that Kai was by your side. Kai entered thecar, and the chauffeur drove towards the party.

-------

Your eyes widened at the towering hotel. “This is where Baekhyun oppa’s party is that?! Inside the hotel?!”

Kai chuckled, “Actually, it’s on the rooftop.”

You whirled around and gawked at him, “Rooftop?!”

“Yes, mam.” He replied.

The car came to a stop. The chauffeur opened the door, and Kai climbed out first in his dress shirt and casual jeans. He glanced back and held out his arm. You took a hold of it and got up. “Let’s go enjoy the party.” Kai led you into the building. Many people greeted him. You gave him a suspicious look, “You must come here often.” Kai laughed as he entered the elevator. “Don’t give me that look. They only know me because my dad owns half of this hotel.” “Oh.” You felt stupid. “ert.” He teased. You made a face. “I wish your face would freeze that way. I bet Daehyun hyung would run away from you.” Kai snickered. “For your information, my boyfriend loves me unconditionally.” You pointed your nose in the air. Kai softened. *I know he does. I don’t know what Baekhyun hyung doesn’t get about that.*

The elevator doors opened with a soft ping. “We’re here.” Kai took your hand, placed it on his arm, and led you to the birthday party. “Whoa.” Your eyes widened. *I thought he was only inviting his closest friends. I didn’t know he had so many closest friends.* There were at least two hundred people on this rooftop. Your eyes bulged out at the lit-up pool.

“How can there be a pool on the rooftop?” You whispered to Kai. His eyes twinkled, “It’s not that hard. You just build a pool on the roof and fill it with chlorine water.” You gave him a look, “I know how pools are made, Kai.” He laughed, “Sorry. Your question just seemed so innocent.” You rolled your eyes but smiled. *I was a bit ridiculous.*

“There’s Baekhyun hyung.” Kai spotted him. You followed his gaze to the birthday boy who was laughing and chatting with three college friends. He looked up and met eyes with you. Instantly, his eyes lit up. Baekhyun excused himself from his group of friends and marched over to you. “Yeojin! Jongin! You both made it!”

“I promised, didn’t I?” Smiling, you held out his present, “For you. Congratulations on turning twenty!”

“Thanks, but I thought I told you that presents weren’t necessary.” Baekhyun gave you a look. “She never listens to that rule.” Kai rolled his eyes.

You chuckled, “Don’t worry. It’s nothing expensive. It can’t be compared to the birthday gift you gave me.”

Baekhyun smiled, “I’ll love it no matter what it is. Come this way. I’ll get you something to drink.” He gestured his arm towards the buffet table, and you left. Baekhyun was about to follow you, but Kai stopped him. Kai gave him a warning look. “I know it’s your birthday, hyung. But just because it’s your birthday doesn’t give you the right to make a move on Yeojin. She’s still Daehyun hyung’s.” “I know, Jongin. I told you I wouldn’t steal her. I just want to play a good host, so don’t be so nervous.” Baekhyun assured and walked away. Shaking his head, Kai went to find his friends.

You stared at the chocolate fountain. Baekhyun came over, “Are you just going to stare at it?” “What do you…do?” You asked. He laughed. *Cute. She’s never done this before.* “Here, it’s like this.” Baekhyun grabbed a skewer with all sorts of fruits on it. He placed it in the fountain, and chocolate dripped all over the fruits.

“There you go.” Baekhyun held the delectable treat out. You took a careful bite, and your eyes brightened. “This is really good!”

“Eat as many as you want.” Baekhyun urged.

“No, thank you. I probably won’t fit through the elevators if I do.” You chuckled. He smiled, “Come on. I’ll introduce you to some friends.”

----------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter