Losing the one you love

Badass Oppas 2: Oppa's Girl (Sequel of Badass Oppas)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD8OhjUx7c0

-----

The next evening, an unexpected guest came to the house.

“What are you doing here?” Youngjae sourly asked.

Before Baekhyun could answer, Zelo came to his rescue, “I called him.” Zelo waved, “Come on up, hyung.”

Baekhyun glanced at Youngjae then followed Zelo to his room.

“What did you call me this late at night for, Zelo?” Baekhyun questioned.

“I have something to return to you.” Zelo opened the door to his room. His room was even untidier than before. There were two suitcases sitting in the corner that Baekhyun had never seen before. “Let me see…” Zelo went through his bookshelf and desk. “Ah, here we go.” He brought out two of Baekhyun’s math books and also grabbed the graphing calculator. “Here, hyung. You can take these back.”

Baekhyun blinked in confusion, “Why…?”

“I already took the math exams.” Zelo meekly smiled, “Thanks, hyung. If I pass math this year, it’s because of you.”

“You can keep these. You can use these for next year. I’m sure some of the questions will be reused senior year at your school.” Baekhyun offered.

Zelo’s face fell. “The thing is, hyung…I won’t be here next year.” Baekhyun stared at him, “What do you mean?”

“I’m leaving. Permanently. To America.” Zelo informed. Baekhyun’s mouth dropped open.

Zelo spoke his mind, “I know. It’s all of a sudden, but I made my choice.” He scratched the back of his head and sighed, “I want to be with my mother. I’ll miss everyone here, but she is my blood-related family. When she almost died in front of me, I knew I couldn’t afford to lose someone again. Does that make sense, hyung? Or am I delusioned into thinking I can have a normal happily ever after like everyone else?” He lowered his head in disgrace.

Baekhyun squeezed his shoulder, “It makes perfect sense. You deserve to have a happy ending, Zelo. If it makes you happy to be with your mother then go. But…don’t forget the people here. They helped you make it this far. You shouldn’t just drop them because you found other people in your life.”

Zelo nodded eagerly, “I won’t. And I certainly won’t forget you, hyung.”

Baekhyun smiled, “I’ll come visit you.”

“This time, I’ll take you a ride in my car.” Zelo half-heartedly joked.

Baekhyun chuckled and lightly socked his arm. “When are you planning on leaving?”

“As soon as the school year is over.” Zelo replied.

Baekhyun nodded in understanding.

“Also, I want to see Yeojin noona graduate. She would be really upset if I didn’t see her get her diploma.” Zelo gave him a small smile. Rapidly, his smile changed into a worried frown. “I know Daehyun hyung will already do this, but do me a favor hyung, and watch over Yeojin noona for me. She’s sometimes too nice, and she can’t say no for an answer. People take advantage of her because of that. She’s clumsier than she looks, and she’s really sensitive. She’s probably really sad because I’m leaving. Just…just make sure she doesn’t miss me that bad, yeah? If it’s you, hyung, I can trust.”

Baekhyun softly smiled with a nod, “Don’t worry, Zelo. I will take care of her.”

“Thanks, hyung.” Zelo smiled, feeling much better. They said their farewells, and Baekhyun went downstairs with his belongings.

On the way, he ran into you. Your eyes looked puffy and red from too much crying. You were much thinner than the last time he had seen you. The innate dark circles around your eyes grew even darker, making your pale face stand out even more.

Baekhyun gazed at you for several seconds then reached out, “Want to take a walk with me?”

-----

Fifteen minutes later, the two of you were sitting on a bench near your house with hot drinks.

Baekhyun took a sip of his tea and glanced at you. You were just sitting there with a blank look on your face. “Drink your tea, Yeojin, before it gets cold.” Baekhyun touched your hand. It was freezing cold, and he grew alarmed. *She’s not getting sick, is she?* Baekhyun grasped your hands and turned you to him. He set your forgotten drink on the bench and began to rub your hands together for warmth. “Don’t get a cold. Your exams are coming up soon, aren’t they? You have to be in the best condition.”

A tear dropped onto your wrist. Baekhyun stopped warming your hands and shifted his gaze to your face.

You were beginning to cry again. “Yeojin…” Baekhyun whispered, stunned.

“What do I do, oppa? My family is breaking apart. The people I relied on so much are all leaving my side.” You choked back a sob. His expression softened, “Is this about Zelo leaving?” “It’s not only Zelo that is leaving,” You wiped your tears away, “Youngjae oppa is, too.” Baekhyun stared at you in surprise, “What?! Really?”

“He wants to move out and start a life on his own. I know it makes perfect sense to everyone, but to us, it’s unimaginable. The seven of us have been together for as long as I can remember. All seven of us have to be together to be complete. I’m happy that Youngjae oppa is trying to pursue his own path in life, but I’m unhappy because of his reason to move out. He’s bitter that he’s been left mostly in the dark. I wish he could have talked to me about it, but I know it’s because he didn’t trust me enough that he didn’t tell me anything.” Tears filled your eyes, and your throat hurt as a chunk of emotion rose up your body. “I wish everything could go back to normal. Everyone feels so faraway from me now. Even Daehyun oppa. He’s so busy, and I don’t think he has time for me in his life anymore. I feel so alone.” You covered your face and cried.

Baekhyun scooted closer. He wrapped his arms around you and hugged you tightly. “Don’t feel that way, Yeojin. Zelo and Youngjae will still be in your life.” “I know, but we won’t be as close as ever. I still feel so isolated.” You cried. B

aekhyun pulled back and grasped your hands. “Yeojin, look at me.” He softly called. You stopped crying for a second and struggled to get a clear view of his face. “I know things are hard right now, but they won’t be that way forever. Whether they are leaving you or not, they will always be with you. The people who impact your life stays with you forever in your heart.” *Like how you will always be in mine.*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter