Moving

I Am a Fool

 

I stare out of my bedroom window. No, I’m not looking at any scenery, but I’m looking at Tiffany empty room. Did she by any chance sleep in other room because she doesn’t want to see me? She’s an only child, the house have more than 1 room. When I was going to turn around, I see Tiffany enter the room with some book in her hand. I guess she went to the study room. Did she sleep there?

 

She enters the room, put her book on her study table and stare at me. We haven’t talk for 3 days, she had been avoiding me. I don’t even know why she has to be so angry about me demanding to know everything about her. Changmin did tell me what happen that day though the day after. He’s mad at me as well; I’m not sure about why. Tiffany stand near the window, looking directly at me, I smile at her and was expecting for her to smile back when she suddenly let the curtain down.

 

I stare blankly at her curtain. What was that for? Ok Tiffany Hwang, I’m coming over. I don’t even know why you’re making these attitudes around me. I’m your oppa, I’m your older brother, you should have some respect for me. Our parents think of us as fiancé, and you shouldn’t be treating me that way.

 

“Tiffany, open this door now.” I knock on her door after her parents let me in. I keep on knocking when I finally hear her voice.

 

“ oppa, be patient. I’m wearing my clothes now.” I heard her. Did she just curse at me?

 

“What?” Tiffany open the door, her hair is still wet and she looks really fresh.

 

“Did you just curse at me?” I ask feeling really angry.

 

“Yeah I did, because you’re being such an impatient jerk, knocking on my door as if you’re going to come in any second.” Tiffany said. She did raise her voice a bit.

 

“What’s with you with this cold and annoying attitude to me?” I ask.

 

“Because you’re annoying as well.” She said drying off her hair with the towel in her hand. She looks really pretty right now. The wet hair makes her look very pretty.

 

“How am I annoying?” I ask.

 

“Think for yourself.” She said not looking at me.

 

“Tiffany, I’m asking you because I don’t know.” I grab her hand to make her look at me. She struggle to let go of her hand and I look straight into her eyes. Her eyes, it’s full with anger. I don’t know why she’s so angry right now but I don’t like looking at her eyes right now. She had never had this look in her eyes when she looks at me.

 

“Tiffany, Yunho, are you okay up there?” Mrs Hwang asks.

 

“We’re ok mom. Normal couple fights too.” Tiffany said still struggling to let go of her hand. I look deep in her eyes, trying to find the reason why she’s so mad right now.

 

“LET ME GO!” She screams, automatically making me let go of my grip.

 

“I can’t believe you just hurt me with your own hand.” Tiffany said disappointed with my action.

 

“You are always the one who’s supposed to protect me, but here you are hurting me. Do you know how painful your grip is? You were the one who ask me to let go of my grip, to let it loose but what were you doing before? You were gripping on me to tight, demanding more of myself when you don’t even have the intention in keeping my heart with yours.” Tiffany said. She’s not talking about my hand right now, she’s talking about what I’d done a few days back.

 

“I didn’t realize that.” I said sitting on her bed. I look at her, there are tears in her eyes. She’s trying to hold it back from falling down.

 

“Oppa, it hurts so much oppa. I tried, I really did try to let go of my grip.” Tiffany said when I hug her. I can feel her tears falling down.

 

“I try letting go of my hold on you. It was so hard to pretend to smile to the girl you love when I know I might be that girl. It hurts to know that we can never be something we’re supposed to be. Oppa, I almost manage to let go of you, until you suddenly hold me tighter.” Tiffany said between sobs, trying hard not to let her parents hear her.

 

“ I almost had my hopes high, until Changmin makes me realize things. He makes me realize that even if you hold me tight, you never have the intention in keeping me by your side for the rest of your life. He don’t have to say anything, I see the sympathy he has in his eyes for me. I saw it oppa, not only from Changmin, even from Junsu oppa, Yoochun oppa and Jaejoong oppa. They know about my feelings and they know you hurt me. Oppa, they know everything.” That means, all these while the look they give to me whenever I talk about Hyuna, the fake smile was all for Tiffany? Of course, how long have they know her, they must be protective over her just like how I am over her.

 

“Oppa, I can’t let go if you keep on holding onto it. Oppa, you don’t have to stay here for me. You can go to Seoul, finish what you have to do. Let me breathe.” Tiffany said. So this is all about me going to Seoul? She knows everything I talk about with my parents? She knows I get the offer of studying in Seoul and about my modeling job there? Does she really want me leave because I’m hurting her?

 

“You want me to leave here?” I ask Tiffany. She let go of the hug and look right to my eyes. Remember when I say Tiffany only cry when it hurts badly? She’s hurting so badly right now, I can see it. I’m tearing her heart bit by bit. She don’t have to say it, I know it. She wants me to leave so that she can mend up her broken heart.

 

“I understand Fany. I understand it very well. I’m sorry for breaking your heart. As you say, I never meant to break it. I only want to protect it, I didn’t know my action just make it worse. I’m sorry Fany. But do promise me, take care of yourself.” I said to Tiffany. Tiffany looks at me and nods her head.

 

“I’m not a baby. I’m 16 years old. I’m old enough to be taking care of myself.” Tiffany said ensuring that she’ll be fine.

 

“You know you can always find me whenever you want, right? I’m always there for you.” I said to Tiffany. Tiffany nods her head. I forgot she’s 16, I thought she’s still the 6 year old girl who needs me by her side all the time. I’m sorry for hurting you Tiffany. You’ll always be my girl.

 

====================================================