Things I Remember

I Am a Fool

 

[Yunho’s P.O.V]

 

I heard almost everything that Tiffany and Yoochun said in his room. It’s not like they’re trying to keep it a secret anyway, because they keep on talking loudly. I don’t know why Tiffany thought I hate her, was it because I always treat her coldly? It wasn’t because I hate her, it’s just like what Yoochun said, I’m confused and I’m having trouble in remembering things. It’s also because once I remember things, I become confused if it’s really the real thing or is it only my imagination?

 

I remember about Tiffany being my neighbor but I’m not sure about us being engaged. I’m sure we’re close to each other because everytime I sleep, I keep on having dreams or maybe remembering things. I keep on seeing Tiffany smiling happily while playing. I also saw her when she was still young, how did I know that young girl is Tiffany? All because of the pictures of her I have in my house.

 

Maybe all the thing Jaejoong told me is true, maybe I do love Tiffany? But it’s still unknown to me why did I forget her? I never dream of Hyuna whom I thought I love but I keep on dreaming about Tiffany. I’d spend my days with Hyuna for two weeks together with his friend, Eli but I feel like taking care of a younger sister instead of a girlfriend.

 

“Where were you looking?” I rush to Tiffany when I heard a thud and realize that she fall down on her own. I look around to see if there’s anything in my room that she tripped on but there’s nothing. I just clean my room.

 

“This, I tripped on this.” She shove something in my hand. I think she’s angry. Why can’t I pick the right words? I can just ask her if she’s ok or not, my words seems harsh. I look at the thing she gave me and realize that it’s a picture of Tiffany I bought from Korea with me.

 

“Did you look at it?” I ask embarrassed.

 

“No, I didn’t. I was too mad at it too even look at it.” I smile to cover my laughter. She’s mad at her own picture, how funny can it be?

 

“What you’re laughing at? Is seeing me fall down that funny to you?” Tiffany said.

 

“Had our relationship always been about fighting with each other?” I ask. I’m not picking a fight but we really keep on fighting with each other everytime we meet.

 

“No. Our relationship is always something for me to…”

 

“To laugh about, you’re always smiling and having fun when we’re together.” I cut out her words. I want to surprise her about me remembering a few things and I think I succeed in doing that because she really does look surprised.

 

“Oppa… you remember?” Tiffany asks me. I know she always call me oppa but this time, it feels different. It feels as if it’s the first time I’m hearing it from her. Before this, she says ‘oppa’ while feeling disappointed or sad but this time, she’s really happy.

 

“I don’t remember everything, but I somehow remember that you’re someone who are so cheerful, always laughing and smiling. That’s all. I do remember that I know you since we’re little. But I don’t remember anything else.” I said to her smiling. For the first time, I see Tiffany smile and I can see that it’s a sincere smile as she looks really happy with the news I’m telling her.

 

“Oppa, take your time. You don’t have to rush things.” Tiffany said smiling at me.

 

“And I remember this.” I went to my bag pack and take out a paper that have our signature on it. I hand it to her and she looks at it surprised.

 

“I don’t hate you, I’m still confused. Give me time for everything. I need time to remember about our relationship. I need to figure out what kind of relationship we have, because I know we are engage to each other.” I said to Tiffany. Tiffany takes a seat on my bed and stares at the paper. I take the paper from her before she decides to tear it or destroy it. Maybe it’s my imagination but I do remember about her asking me to break off our engagement. This is the only prove that we promise to only break it off after 5 years, it only been 3 years, she should give me more time.

 

Tiffany walks to me and give me a warm hug. Even though I’m surprised, I feel like I need it. I’d been pressuring myself to remember things, to remember about Tiffany, why people hate me for not remembering her, and because of that I’d treated her badly. I feel like to make myself feel better, I need to blame someone. Everyone is on her side and no one is on my side, blaming her feels like someone is by my side. I hug her back and didn’t even realize that I suddenly cried while hugging her.

 

“I know it had been hard on you too. I know I’d been the selfish Tiffany to let you go through all the hardship you’re going right now alone. I really want to help you, but I can’t. I can’t seem to handle anymore hurt. I want to only remember the nice thing about you, not the hurtful things you’d done to me. So that if I ever to trade place with you, I can still remember you. I don’t want to ever forget the man call Jung Yun Ho. He means so much to me.” Tiffany suddenly sobs. I was going to let go of the hug to look at her face but she hug me tightly, making me realize that she don’t want me to look at her when she cries.

 

“Don’t pressure yourself oppa. Ignore all the pressure you’re receiving from the other oppa. Just think of them doing your job of protecting myself while you’re taking your day off from it. Take your time, stop giving yourself a hard time.” Tiffany said to me. She let go of me and look at my face. I wipe of her tears and give her a kiss on her forehead. Don’t ask me why I did that. When I look at her face just now, my heart sting.

 

“I’ll go to my room now.” Tiffany said and leaves my room. I sat at my bed wondering why I kiss her forehead. She smiles when I did that, was it something that I always do before? I wish I can remember everything right now. I want to know why I’m like this.