Mom... Dad...

I Am a Fool

 

Tiffany wakes up when she hears her mother’s voice. Right when she open her eyes, she close it again as a drop of water fall on her face. She open her eyes once again and she sees her mother wiping off her tears. Slowly, she sits on her bed and stare at her mother who’s still avoiding her eyes.

 

“Mom?” Tiffany silently call her mother and her mother quickly hug her tightly.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you’ve been through hell and I wasn’t there to share it with you. Every time you call me, I wish that you call me to cry to me and tell me that I was wrong, or you can just cry to me without saying a single word. Even though people said that you’re a spoiled brat, but in our eyes, you are always too independent. You never once told us how hard it is between you and Yunho”, her mom cry again.

 

“Mom, how did you know?” Tiffany asks surprise, still trying to calm her mother down, and at the same time calming herself down who’s shocked to know that her mother knows everything about her even though she keep it a secret.

 

“Do you really think I’d let Changmin live with you without any promises? He wouldn’t even dare let a girl live with him without her parents’ permission. He ask for our permission after promising us that he’ll tell us everything about you. He told us everything, even things before you move in to his apartment. That’s a great friend you have right there! Every time you call, your father and I keep on waiting for the time you’ll cry and tell us everything and ask us to cancel your engagement with Yunho but you never even ask for it,” Tiffany let go of her mother and look at her own hands. Clasping it tightly, she wonders why didn’t she ever ask for it.

 

“Mom, I never want to worry you. If I cry, you’ll come right back home. I’m your only daughter, I am spoiled but I’m not a brat. I know that I need to take care of my parents and myself. I can’t be selfish mom. If I didn’t take care of you, who will? I’m your only daughter.” Tiffany repeats.

 

“Let me ask you one question dear. Despite all the hurt you got from Yunho, from your own self even, why is it that you had never call us and tell us to cancel the engagement?” Her mother asks again.

 

“Maybe… maybe just because I want to give ourselves a chance before our contract ends. I don’t know if Changmin ever know about it or not, but we made a contract to marry each other if we didn’t have anyone else to marry in five years. It had been 3 years, and right now we are convinced that we don’t have anyone else to marry, but we need time mom, to heal from everything,” Tiffany said to her mother and smile to her.

 

“My daughter had grown up. And now I feel like I don’t want to send you away to Yunho anymore,” her mother said and hug Tiffany again.

 

“Mother and daughter, may you come out now, we’re heading back. I ask you to wake her up, not to cry in front of her, old lady.” Tiffany’s father said while standing at her bedroom. Both of them laugh when Tiffany’s mother face turn red when he called her old lady.

 

“Why aren’t you sad at all about her having a hard time over here?” Tiffany mother ask while hitting him hard on his arm.

 

“Because she’s my daughter, I know she’s strong enough to go through all of it. And because that’s the process of growing up.” Tiffany hear her father’s voice while they were walking out of the door. Tiffany smile at the statement, even though her father always pretend not to care, he usually care silently. Trusting his daughter to make the best choice in her life, he silently support her and is always ready to pick her up if she’s to hurt herself when she fall.

 

Tiffany thought to herself, maybe that’s how every father is. Despite not saying anything, they watch over us. Despite showing disapproval with our actions, they still help us with whatever kind of help we need. Despite showing disapproval, silently support us and hope that we either get something good from our decision, or learn from it. Despite showing they don’t care, always feel proud with whatever we did, even if it’s not a big thing compared to others. Despite not showing any feelings, always cry at the end of it, feeling very proud that their children is growing up and is finally learning. And by the end of all it, the father that will say, “That’s my daughter.”

 

Tiffany then smile to herself, thinking about her mom. Her mom who always want to know everything, who always worry about everything. Who always want her best to help her in any way that she can, showing every kind of emotions at the same time. Scold her whenever she’s wrong and guide her to what is right and what is wrong. The mother that would cry for us whenever we hurt ourselves, who would want to rush to our side when we hurt ourselves. The mom who would give anything to make sure that we have everything. Maybe that’s why God give us a father and a mother. A mother who shows everything, and a father who hides everything. A mother who tells us everything, and a father who watch everything. A mother that does everything without any careful consideration for their children, and a father that will always tell mother that that is not how things supposed to be handle. And a mother who can be both a father and a mother at the same time, is very strong. A father who can be both a mother and a father is very strong as well. 

 

==========================================================================================

I finally finish my studies, hope that my grades will be good :)
I write this chapter to remind all of us the sacrifies our father and mother made to raise us. 
All the emotions they have to face, all the hardship, everything to raise us. 
I come from a broken family, my parents divorced, it's hard for me, but I know it must have been harder for my parents to face it all by themselves. 
To raise us without the support from the others'. 
That's why I insert the last part. To say that people who come from broken family always ended up being a nuisance, I beg to differ, that all is a choice you make with your life. You can either make your parents proud of yourselves or just be a troublemaker to get their attention. 
Yes, actually being one does help, not that I did become one but when I was admitted into a hospital, it was the first time I ever saw my parents standing in a room together because I was hurt. Oh , tears are coming out. 
When I leave my father's house because I finish my study to go back to my mother's house, my father who I see as someone who always oppose to my course cried. He told me that he's proud of me and of course he added something else, "I no longer have someone else to fought with". In front of me, he don't show his emotion, thus I always think that he doesn't like me as much as he likes my other siblings, but behind me, he approves of my skills and ask my brother to tell me to work with him, and tell my sister that I'm a good daughter. Oh I'm not supposed to insert this, but I just want to tell you guys one thing, 

Right now, you might think that your parents hate you, always do something that you hate, doesn't support you but when you told them to believe you, they will believe you. They might show that they're not, but if you ask for their help, they'll help you in any way that they can. They love you, don't let others tell you otherwise.

OK END OF MUMBLING. SORRY!!! oh and...

 

 

Please like this fanpage. All announcement about my new fanfic, or sequel or anything will be here.

Hope you guys do read my other fanfics as well 

 

https://www.facebook.com/dancingfingers1410