I'll Let Go

I Am a Fool

 

[Yunho’s P.O.V]

 

I brought Tiffany’s parents to my home leaving Tiffany under Changmin’s care. Tiffany’s parents had been at the hospital for a week without getting any proper rest. They’re her parents, I bet whatever feeling I have right now, they surely feel worse. When we reach my house, I was kind of glad that I have Tiffany’s picture hanging in my house. Even though I know they won’t have any strength to even look around the house, but since both my parents and her parents doesn’t know about what happened towards us, at least the photos hanging around is a prove that we’re doing fine.

 

“Seeing Tiffany’s picture hanging in your house makes me feels good.” Mrs. Hwang said to me. I smiled to her and bring her to an empty room for her to rest together with Mr. Hwang.

 

I went to the kitchen to prepare some food for them. I know for sure they won’t be able to get any sleep while still being worried over what will happen to their daughter but I just wish that they can at least still consume enough food to gain strength.

 

As I guessed it, Mr. Hwang and Mrs. Hwang came out of the room a few minutes later after finish showering. I ask them to come to the dining table to eat the food I’ve prepared and just have a nice conversation together since it had been so long since I last talked to them. I was too busy in Seoul focusing on our business and my studies that I rarely came back to Kwangju. Besides, Tiffany’s parents had been in the States ever since Tiffany enters university.

 

“You’re a great cook. You cook better than Tiffany who can’t cook anything.” Mr. Hwang said to me. I smiled hearing his words. I swear I’ll cook for Tiffany for the rest of my life is she wakes up right now. I’ll devote myself to serve her for the rest of her life if she wakes up now and be my wife.

 

“How long has it been since you start living alone?” Mrs. Hwang asked me.

 

“I started living alone since I first came here. So I’d live in this house for 3 years already.” I said to Mrs. Hwang. When I first came to Seoul, Jaejoong was the one who found this house for me as I ask him to help me find a house for me.

 

“After this, I think it’s better if you guys get some…hello? What? Ok we’ll head over there right now!” I couldn’t finish my word as I suddenly received a phone call from Changmin. Right when I answered the phone, I feel like my heart stop beating, I can’t even breathe properly but because I know if I panicked right now, her parents will be more worried, I try my hardest to pretend that I’m alright. I told them that we will be going to the hospital this instance because it seems like something is wrong with Tiffany.

 

 When we arrived at the hospital Changmin is pacing in front of the door with sweats on his forehead and his hands clutched tightly against each other. He came to me and apologize to both of Tiffany’s parents right when we arrived and as a mother, Mrs. Hwang must have understand the nervous feeling Changmin have right now, so she gave him a hug and calm him down. At this time, I can see how Changmin is really the youngest in our clan. The other arrives a few minutes after that and the hallway suddenly become a place full with people pacing from right to left. The only people standing still at their spot must have been Tiffany’s parents and me.

 

To say that I’m not worried about Tiffany at all is absurd. My face might show zero emotions at the moment but no one knows the storm in my heart. I have too many emotions in my heart and too many things in my mind. I feel like breaking down right there and right now but I couldn’t do that because I need to be stronger than anyone else.

 

The nurses that goes in and out of the room doesn’t help lessen my anxiety at all, I actually feels mad at them at the moment for going in and out without uttering a single word to us who are obviously dead worried about whatever it is happening inside the room. I really did give a death stare towards one of the nurse when she accidentally bumped into me when she came out of the room. If she can understand what the hell I want from her, she would have stop walking at that moment and tell me the thing I want to hear but since I think about Tiffany more than anything in this world, I just let her walk pass through us.

 

“She’ll be fine, right?” Mrs. Hwang suddenly stands next to me and ask me. I want to confidently answer her and say yes but no words come out from my mouth right now so I just nod my head. It feels like my lips are glued together from giving any lies from the woman who raise Tiffany up and raise me together with my parents. I look behind me and I see Changmin nervously pacing around the hallway but yet no one is trying to calm him down. He must feel really bad right now because everything happens right in front of his eyes. He had blamed himself before for what happen to Tiffany, I don’t want him to blame himself again.

 

“Relax…” I walk to Changmin and try giving him the encouragement he needed even though I don’t know if I’m in any situation to say those things to him. Tiffany had once told me that despite loving me, the most important person in her life besides her parents is Changmin. She even told me that the moment I give up on her, Changmin will never give up on her, thus Changmin is always the most important man in her life. I never felt jealous towards Changmin because I too admit that I can never take his place in her heart, so at least right now, I want Changmin to know that if there’s one thing he ever did wrong to Tiffany up until now is by blaming himself over all the bad things that ever happen to Tiffany. For protecting her without asking for any rewards, he’s an angel.

 

After a few minutes, the doctor came out and told us that when Tiffany body move, she was struggling hard trying to breath and a few minutes before they all arrived, Tiffany’s heart stop beating. They manage to get her heart to beat again but it failed once again. When I hear the words coming out from the doctor’s mouth, everything turns white. There is exactly nothing in my mind and my heart, my soul had been taken away from my body. As everyone rushed in the room, I stand outside the room trying to register back the words I heard into my mind.

 

“Tiffany… Tiffany…” I can hear Tiffany parents’ voice crying for her, calling for her name even though I’m outside. The doctor is talking to me, telling me that there’s nothing else he can do to bring Tiffany back but I can’t register those words in my mind. I look at him straight in the eyes, and I can really feel the tears in my eyes, painfully showing how my heart feels at the moment.

 

“Take my heart, replace it with hers, don’t let her die, let her live!!” I said quietly to the doctor but threatening him as well. The doctor just shook his head and tell me to go inside and say my last words to her.

 

“No, she’s not supposed to die. You go back in there, let her live. Take my heart, let her live!!” I said to the doctor without letting anyone hear my words. I clutch his coat and he just shook his head again. I take a look at Tiffany and my feet just automatically walk towards her and stand next to her.

 

“Tiffany, wake up. Don’t joke around anymore, it’s not funny at all!” I can hear Junsu voice telling Tiffany to wake up.

 

“Tiffany… wake up please?” For the first time ever, I can hear Yoochun cries calling for Tiffany’s name. I look at everyone’s face in the room and then I look back at Tiffany. Tiffany looks so fragile and weak right now that I think keeping her living in this world would be a cruel thing to do.

 

“Hwang Mi Young… Tiffany Hwang Mi Young… Tiffany Hwang Mi Young… Mi Young ah…” I keep on calling for her name, choking on it as I try my hardest not to let my tears fall.

 

“Sleep well…” the words that comes out from my mouth, letting her go peacefully because I don’t want her to live her life painfully anymore. If her heart is to be placed with mine, she’ll be mourning my death that she will once again live her life being hurt by my own decision.I don’t want to be the one to hurt her once again.  So, sleep well. Changmin looks at me with the deathliest stare I have ever seen coming from him. I’m sorry Changmin, I just can’t bear looking at Tiffany like this.

 

“TIFFANY HWANG MI YOUNG, WAKE UP!!!” Changmin shouted as loud as he can while holding to Tiffany’s body and suddenly her body starts moving again. The doctor in the room was so shock but quickly run towards Tiffany and help her. Once again we were pushed out of the room and a few minutes later the doctor came out and smile towards us.

 

“Young man, that was a miracle right there that she wake up after you scream to her. She is fine now.” The doctor said to Changmin and pats him on his shoulder. We all run into the room and see her smiling towards us, there are traces of tears near her eyes. It is just as she said to me, the moment I give up on her, Changmin will never give up on her. Because of Changmin, Tiffany wake up, do I even deserve the love she has for me?

 

“Tiffany Hwang Mi Young, thank you for living!” I said to her and give her a kiss on her cheek as she falls asleep.

 

“Chang Min, thank you for not giving up on her. Thank you for waking her up!” I said to Changmin and hug him tightly, knowing that he need a hug right now after receiving what could have been the biggest hole in his life.