Maid... Man?

I Am a Fool

 

[Changmin’s P.O.V]

 

“You have to understand…”

 

“Hell no! I told you I only want him!”

 

“But he’s my…”

 

“No! I WANT him!”

 

“Tiffany!”

 

“Yunho!!”

 

“What did you just call me?”

 

“OPPA!!”

 

I sat at the sofa with my leg cross pretending to read a magazine while having way too much fun hearing them quarrelling over me. I never knew I am this important to them. But seriously though, even though I’m Tiffany’s best friend, what makes her think that its ok for me to be her ‘bridesmaid’? According to the tradition, the bridesmaid is supposed to be a girl. And I’m obviously not a girl, I’m a straight guy, straighter than any of the guy in this room.

 

“He’s a man, Fany…” Yoochun hyung bugged in. I guess he’s tired of listening to their useless, actually very useful quarrel.

 

“What point does that make?” Tiffany ask sarcastically. It’s Tiffany, she wants things to be done her way, whatever it takes her to.

 

“I’ll break the tradition just like how I always do. No one. NO ONE really sets a rule that a bridesmaid need to be a girl. So, he’ll be my bridesmaid. Or let it be my best man. I don’t know what to call cause bridesmaid sounds so wrong on Changmin, so best man? MY BEST MAN? WOW YOU ARE MY BEST MAN!!” Tiffany shouts excitingly while running towards me and hug me.

 

“Aren’t I supposed to be your best man?” Yunho hyung asks.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be my husband after we get married? He will always be my best man, whether you like it or not! MY BEST MAN!!” She said excitedly again.

 

“Be quiet Tiffany, you’re too noisy. I get it, I’m your best man. Can you guys start practicing now? I have some works later.” I said to both Yunho hyung and to Tiffany.

 

“Your best friend is getting married and your work is more important. Nice one Changmin! But let’s do it faster, I’m tired after all the quarrelling too.” Tiffany said. Two years, that’s how long it took for all of us to heal from everything. Seeing my friend being happy in these two years healed me as well, and as everyone suggested, I did open my eyes and my heart to new chances of love, though none came to me yet.

 

It was kind of hard to heal Tiffany’s heartache though, because she was so traumatic about what happened to her. Sometimes she would shout so suddenly if the memory of her accident suddenly came to her. It was really hard to make her start talking as much as she did. In the end, what helped her in becoming herself once again were her parents. They left their store in the States in the hand of their other family members and came to Korea to help Tiffany get through everything. They live in Seoul and went through everything with Tiffany. It’s kind of amazing though, because traumatic incident usually takes more than five years to heal, but it took her two years to heal from her trauma.

 

“So, since Tiffany already got you as her ‘best man’, you need to talk as my friend on the day.” Yunho hyung said to me.

 

“So hyung, tell me the logic of being her best man but talk as your friend? Negative bro, I’m going to talk for her.” I said and walk towards Tiffany. What is this about getting me to be his ‘best friend’ when all these while, the closest to him was actually Jaejoong hyung? Can’t blame Jaejoong hyung for neglecting Yunho hyung after he fall in love with a celebrity though.

 

My ‘caring’ hyungs had introduced me to a lot of girls in these two years. They were nice, but most of them are models and seeing how highly they think of themselves every time they speak just make me feel like I might die . Why I like Tiffany so much? It’s because of her humbleness. She never ever call herself ‘the hottest model’ or even ‘the richest’ model. We can count by fingers how many of the female models in our country own their own company and Tiffany is definitely one of them though it’s a joint company.

 

Instead of having a grand wedding, both of them decided to only invite their relatives and close friends. The models in our companies are mostly our close friends, so most of them are invited as well. Funny how Yunho hyung can’t even give me one person to Tiffany when he already have the other four as his best man, another one include his best friend, Jung Jin Woon, Hyuna's brother. They are all about breaking the tradition, me as a bride… best man? I don’t know what am I but I’m on her side, while he have four best man, and their role won’t be about ushering guests but only to help him if he’s nervous. You know, he’s practically asking them to be his slave on his wedding day. Tiffany’s bridesmaid includes her old housemates, Jessica and Sunny and to balance the number of bridesmaid with Yunho hyung best man, another bridesmaid will be a model from our company which is also quite close to Tiffany, Gina. Now that I think about it, all of her bridesmaid have English names. I should make one too.

 

Tiffany look really beautiful in her wedding dress. Even though Yunho hyung is the man she’s marrying, I am the first man that ever saw how she will look like in a wedding dress. I am always the first in everything. I am also the first male model she ever worked with, for a very long time too. I am also the first person who really got her into the modelling world, the first man to know about everything, the first man she stayed with. Yunho hyung can’t even be jealous with me, because he knows and had decided that I am more important to Tiffany than he is. He told me that when he gave up on Tiffany, I didn’t. If he ever dies before Tiffany, he wants me to marry her if I’m single at that time. I said yes to him, but what I really want is their happiness, because they deserve it after all the heartaches they receive. 

====================================================================================================

Next chapter will be the last chapter  :') 

Maybe some of you are saying "finally", and maybe some will say "I don't want it to end", but there's an ending to every story. 

 

You know, the reason why I want to be a writer was to touch people's heart through my writing

I put in a lot in this fan fiction even though this doesn't have as much subscribers as the other fan fiction, but because I put in my own stories, my own emotions, my own tears, my own laughters, fictional or non-fictional memories, I love this story more than any of the stories I've ever written. 

I have another fan fiction with the same theme, friendship, but compared to this one where I use a lot of emotions writing it, the other one is like a diary of my life, which somehow, my life is turning into that way. The other fan fiction was put on hiatus because I don't know how to write it but after it happens to me, I know how end it now. 

Thank you for all your support. As I said, even though I have more subscribers at other fan fictions, but this fan fictions get more understanding and a lot more emotions from the readers. If I ever touch you through my story and through my writings, do tell me, it would make me feel that I finally had a dream come true, and will be a boost to my confidence to write a good novel. 

I will post a long author note once it ends. Thank you again :)

 

P/S: The second last paragraph where Changmin wants an english name, see how he's turning into one of the bridesmaid. err if you don't understand this, I can't explain it. I mean see how he's being a bit like the girls who wants... errr... ok I don't know how to explain it. hope you get it :P