Air Velocity

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Serves you right.” Jessica mumbled as she looked at her phone.  

She was driving at the time. Her sister Krystal was sitting next to her in the passenger’s seat. She was invited to a charity dinner organized by an organization on children abused, so she asked Krystal to be her plus one. She was given the honor to give a speech that night.

“Krys, what time is your class tomorrow?” She asked her sister. “I don’t think I’m gonna go.” Krystal replied in English.

“Excuse me?” Jessica was surprised. Education is not something to be taken up lightly.

“Don’t be mad unnie. I have this assignment for another subject which I haven’t finished it yet.” Krystal explained. She decided to skip the morning class so that she could finish an assignment that was needed to be submitted in the evening.

“Krys.. When are you going to start taking this seriously? Don’t you learn your lesson yet?” Jessica started to speak. “I am taking this seriously; it’s just that I’ve been having difficulties understanding Korean.” Krystal explained again. She was actually studying in Australia, but she got into some troubles with the university and got kicked out. Therefore, her mother forced her to enroll in one of the colleges in Seoul instead.

“It’s hard here; everything needs to be in Korean.” She mumbled.

“That’s why you have to put more effort in it.” Jessica advised.

“I really need to finish the assignment unnie; I might need to skip the morning class.” Krystal informed again. She had been sleeping over with Jessica for almost two nights now since it was only Jessica’s third day in Korea after coming back from the UK. Mrs Jung wanted Krystal to be with her sister till she got herself settled in the new place.

“What is the assignment about?” Jessica asked.

“The Effects of Air Velocity, Air Gap Thickness and Configuration on Heat Transfer of a Wearable Convective Cooling System.” Krystal said; she’s taking Textile Science and Technology as her major.

“Oh my god..” Jessica responded. As much as she wanted to help, she just couldn’t.

“Still a lot to do?” Jessica asked another question.

“Hmm.. it’s a 10 pages assignment. So far I have 6 pages written in Englishhhh.” Krystal whined. The assignment needed to be in Korean.

They reached the basement parking of Jessica’s serviced apartment around 12.20AM. “I’m gonna sleep for an hour or two and then will continue with the stupid assignment.” Krystal let out a long sigh as they were walking to the lift.

“Stay strong okay.” Jessica smiled as she wrapped her arm around her sister’s shoulder.

Jessica then opened her door with her spare card and walked inside her huge apartment. The apartment was still empty since she didn’t really have the time to go furniture shopping just yet. Everything had been hectic the past three days. In the living room, there was one couch, one small table and a lamp while in the kitchen, there was a built in cabinet for her vegan food stuff and a fridge. And that was it.

“Where the should I put this???!” Suddenly Jessica and Krystal heard someone whining in the kitchen. “Oh she’s still here.” Jessica muttered to herself after she looked at her watch. “Unnie, who is that?” Krystal whispered nervously.

“Oh, nobody. A staff from the bank.” Jessica said before she walked towards the kitchen. “At this hour???” Krystal questioned in surprise.

Jessica entered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter