Taking Advantage

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think I did the right thing?” Sooyoung asked Jessica tiredly. She didn’t know why but she felt so tired that day. At the time, they were already back at the apartment from the dinner with Soojin and her married boyfriend. Both of them were already on the bed getting ready to call off the day.

“With you sister you mean?” Jessica responded with a question. “Yeah.” Sooyoung nodded her head and then she turned her body to face the woman. She wrapped her arm around Jessica’s waist.

“Hmm.. you did what you have to do.. She’s your sister. But if you were to ask me, I still think that she should have wait. At least till the divorce is finalized.” Jessica mumbled softly.

“I know right.” Sooyoung agreed. Then she went even closer to Jessica so that her bodies would be touching. Jessica loved the warmth every time she felt Sooyoung’s body was close to hers.

“You smell nice.” Sooyoung mumbled with her eyes closed. She felt so tired that day. Her brain just couldn’t really cope with the news of Soojin wanting to get married to her married boss.

Jessica just smiled. The past few days had been the best for her. She had never thought that Sooyoung could make her feel like that. For the longest of time she had not feel all happy and giddy at the same time. Sooyoung made her forget about everything.

“I might need to drop by The Lounge tomorrow morning. I need to check up on them.” Jessica informed. She was referring to the ESP people. “Hmm..” Sooyoung mumbled with her eyes close.

“And maybe we could have lunch at the mall afterwards?” Jessica asked softly.

There was no response from Sooyoung. Jessica immediately took a peek at the girl and saw she had already fallen asleep. Jessica just smiled to herself and then she stared at her face intently.

“I think I’m falling in love with you.” She mumbled slowly with a smile while she looked at her girl sleeping. That was the first time she said it to herself. Being with Sooyoung was the only thing she wanted in her life at that point.

Then, Jessica switched off the table lamp and then turned back to Sooyoung. She went closer to Sooyoung and hugged the girl to sleep.

****

Sooyoung entered The Lounge.  Jessica and Tiffany were discussing about something outside the café and Jessica asked Sooyoung to go in first. The moment she entered the place, all eyes were on her.

“Hi guys.” Sooyoung smiled as she greeted her project mates. “Sooyoung! How are you??” Luna asked. They were surprised to see Sooyoung there. “Getting better.” Sooyoung replied as she joined them at the table.

“How’s the project going guys?” Sooyoung asked. Even though she knew they were struggling, she just wanted to ask. “Are you still on your medical leave?” Sungming asked seriously.

“Hmm..” Sooyoung didn’t know what to answer. She actually had lost count on how long she had been absent from work. Plus, Jessica didn’t say anything about it.

“Seriously, you’re not even helping with the project! And the four of us have been getting blamed all the time!” He exclaimed in dissatisfaction.

Sooyoung was surprised to see the guy screaming to him. “Sungmin.” Irene looked at him. “Sungmin’s right. If you look at the task schedule, it says five people. We have tasks on our own. We don’t have time to be covering your work.” Yesung interrupted. “We need the performance bonus.” He added.

“I didn’t ask for this to happen.” Sooyoung replied to them seriously as well.

“Sooyoung, we’re just stressed out. Ms Jung wants the platform to be launched in two weeks, so it’s getting pretty hectic.” Luna added.  

“We know you’re like so close with Ms Jung ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter