BPO

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s been asleep the whole day.” Sooyoung informed nervously in front of Jessica’s parents.

“Why is this place in such a mess?” Mrs Jung looked around the apartment. There were food takeout lying on the floor, papers, two laptops and some of Sooyoung’s stuff. Sooyoung had been calling food deliveries and she just ordered herself burger and chicken that night. She ordered it after Jessica had fallen back to sleep.

“Hmm I’m-I’m sorry. Jessica asked me to check on some work and I was hungry.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Jessica? You mean my daughter the Vice President Ms Jessica Jung?” Mrs Jung frowned as she crossed her arms.

“Hmm...” Sooyoung started to get scared looking at Mrs Jung.

“What did the doctor say?” Mr Jung quickly asked. “The doctor said that she has a fever due to extreme exhaustion and lack of sleep.”Sooyoung replied. That was the first time ever she got to speak with the President and CEO of the bank. There was one time she received an email from the man congratulating her on being the department’s best employee. But Sooyoung knew for sure, he didn’t remember.

“Aww poor baby..” Mr Jung said worriedly.

At the time Krystal was in her room looking at her stuff for her to bring back to her parents’ house. With Jessica being sick, of course she needed to stay longer with them.

“Is she inside?” Mrs Jung pointed to Jessica’s bedroom. “Yes mam.” Sooyoung quickly nodded her head. Mrs Jung just walked towards the room so that she could check on her sick daughter. “Are you a friend of my daughter?” Mr Jung asked. He wanted to know who Sooyoung was.

“I’m an employee sir. Oh wait, no I’m not.” Sooyoung remembered that Jessica had fired her. “Hmm your daughter fired me.” Sooyoung mumbled innocently.

“Hmm okay.” Mr Jung looked at her weirdly.

“Sooyoungie.” Krystal appeared at the living room while carrying a bag filled with books and some of her other stuff. Sooyoung just smiled at her.

“How’s your hand?” Krystal asked as she gently held on Sooyoung’s wrapped thumb.

“A bit better I guess. Have to go to the hospital again this week.” Sooyoung informed.

“Aww really?” Krystal smiled. “Know what daddy? Unnie slammed the car door to her thumb.” Krystal chuckled as she informed her father. “What? How did that happen??” Mr Jung was surprised. “Oh no no, it was just an accident. It was not even your daughter’s fault.” Sooyoung replied. Although it was Jessica’s fault, she just didn’t want to talk bad about her in front of Mr Jung.

“Honeyyyy..” Suddenly they heard Mrs Jung’s voice coming from Jessica’s room. “Yes..” Mr Jung walked towards the room. The moment he went inside the room, he saw his daughter was awake looking so weak and with her ankle wrapped in a bandage.

“Oh my god, what happened to you..” Mr Jung quickly went nearer to his daughter. “I’m fine daddy.” Jessica smiled weakly. At the time Krystal was also in the room and Sooyoung was standing at the door. “What happened to your ankle??” Mr Jung asked worriedly.

“I went on a hike last Saturday. I slipped.” Jessica answered with her half-opened puffy eyes before she looked at Sooyoung who was at the door. “Have you eaten dinner? Have you taken your meds??” Mrs Jung asked. She was really worried because she knew Jessica rarely get sick.

“Yes. Sooyoung bought food and gave me meds.” Jessica responded.

“Hmm..” Mrs Jung was frowning. Sooyoung could tell by the woman’s reaction, she didn’t like her being there.  “You can go now; I will take care of my daughter till she gets better.” Mrs Jung turned to look at Sooyoung.

“Mom.. You don’t have to.” Jessica quickly replied. She didn’t want to burden her mother because she knew she could take care of herself and she had Sooyoung there in case anything happened.

“You are my daughter!” Mrs Jung exclaimed loudly.

“I don’t mind actually, I can stay with her.” Sooyoung braved herself to interrupt.

“Seriously, who are you??” Mrs Jung questioned.

“She’s an employee. Oh wait, she’s not.” Mr Jung answered. He got confused.

“You let an employee in your apartment???” Mrs Jung looked at Jessica in surprise.

“Mumm, let me stay with unnie instad. You have that fundraiser tomorrow right?” Krystal quickly interfered. She didn’t want her mother to get carried away with the issue. Mrs Jung finally remembered that she had a fundraising event that she needed to attend tomorr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter