Coward

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where’s Sooyoung?” Krystal appeared out from her bedroom. Jessica at the time was taking her meds. “She’s downstairs, at The Lounge.” Jessica responded without even looking at her sister. Krystal then sat on the stool and poured the almond milk inside a glass.

“Go wait downstairs, Chen will be sending you to class.” Jessica instructed. Chen was her father’s driver.

“Unnie, did I do anything wrong to you?” Krystal could sense something was up with her sister.

“No Krys.” Jessica sighed deeply. She really didn’t want to have the conversation with Krystal.

“Why did you embarrass me in front of Sooyoung last night??” Krystal questioned her.

“That was not my intention Krystal. I just didn’t want you to skip classes because of me.” Jessica explained. “I know what you’re doing.” Krystal crossed her arms.

“What am I doing Krystal?” Jessica asked lazily.

“You’re trying to keep her away from me when you knew how much I like her.” Krystal responded seriously. “You said before I couldn’t date because she was an employee. She said to daddy that you fired her.” Krystal added.

“I didn’t fire her.” Jessica lied. “She’s still working for me. She’d downstairs doing a presentation on behalf of me.” Jessica added lazily. She was really not in the mood

“You like her don’t you?” Krystal accused her. Jessica chose not to answer. “You like her so much that you don’t want me near her.” Krystal continued.

Jessica just let out a long deep sight. “You’re just afraid that she might actually like me back.” Krystal was still with her accusations. “Everyone likes me back and you know that.” Krystal said proudly. It was somehow true though. Since they were younger, Krystal had always been the more famous sibling among the two.

“Krys, go down now.” Jessica just instructed her sister to wait for the driver downstairs.

“You know what, I’m not giving up.” Krystal stood up and then looked at her sister. Jessica looked back at the girl. “Krys, why are you always like this?” Jessica asked tiredly.

“At least I’m not a coward as you are. If I like someone, I would actually tell the person.” Krystal said before. “That’s why I’m always ahead of you.” Krystal said before she grabbed her bag pack and left the apartment.

“Urghh..” Jessica threw a napkin on the kitchen counter.

*BEEP. Suddenly there was an incoming text. Jessica took her phone to see the message. It was from her father.

From: Daddy
Message: Jessica, we are on our way to the nearest hospital.

She straightaway called her father and he picked up that instant. “Daddy? Something wrong with mum?” Jessica asked in concern.

“Oh not mum. It’s Sooyoung.” Mr Jung answered.

“What??? What happened to her??” Jessica asked loudly.

*****

Sooyoung went down to The Lounge earlier that morning with a smile on her face. She was confident that she would do well in the presentation since Jessica had planted that thought inside her mind.

 “Hi, I’m Sooyoung.” Sooyoung politely bowed in front of the representatives from Philippines. They were 4 people altogether who flew from the Philippines for the presentation.

Tiffany was there as well but she was talking to the rest of the ESP people. She wanted them to watch the presentation.

Of course Sungmin and the rest of the gang were shocked to find out that Sooyoung would be headlining the presentation. They had not seen the girl for almost a week, and now she’s presenting on behalf of the Vice President. “How the hell did she do it?” They were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter