I Like You

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Have you been in a relationship before?” Sooyoung turned her head to look at Jessica who at the time was typing a message to Tiffany. She wanted to inform her assistant that she would be taking the week off from coming to the office. They had switched off the main lights in the room and the night lamp was switched on.

“Of course.” Jessica answered before she put down her phone. “I met this British guy when I was doing my masters in London.” Jessica smiled.

“How’s he like?” Sooyoung asked. She was interested to know.

“He’s alright I guess. But he was hmm too possessive of me. I can’t handle it. ” Jessica said.

“Really? Like how?” Sooyoung asked again.

“Hmm like I have to text and call him where I was all the time and I couldn’t even go out with my friends. He got easily jealous.” Jessica revealed. “There was one time, my mum flew to London to visit me. He got jealous because I was spending time with my mum more than him.” Jessica chuckled as she remembered the guy.

“Really? That’s crazy.” Sooyoung responded.

“I know right. He didn’t even respect what I love. You know how much I’m into plants and stuff right?” Jessica asked Sooyoung. “Yeah.” Sooyoung replied.

“So I volunteered at the London Botanical Institute and the programe requires me to complete 9 hours in a week and you know what he did?” Jessica looked at Sooyoung.

“What?” Sooyoung smiled, the story was getting interesting for her.

“He said that he has cancer. He wanted me to take care of him.” Jessica revealed something shocking. Sooyoung couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “My god..” Sooyoung smiled. “Crazy right. So I quit the volunteering program because I thought he had cancer.” Jessica said again.

“That is some crazy .” Sooyoung said.

“Guys are .” Jessica responded. “You know what, he’s really into scuba diving; he forced me to go scuba diving with him and his friends almost every week in Scotland where I had to spend a lot of money just for the flight ticket itself. As much as I told him that I hated it, he just couldn’t care less.” Jessica added.

“Wanna hear a joke about scuba diving??” Sooyoung asked excitedly.

“Yes sure Sooyoung.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Alright, why do scuba divers fall backwards off the boat?” Sooyoung asked with a smile.

“Because that is the water entry method taught to all scuba divers plus the scuba gears are heavy.” Jessica answered from the logical point of view.  

“Nope. It’s because if they fell forward, they would still be on the boat.” Sooyoung smiled widely. Jessica didn’t know whether she should laugh or not.  “Seriously, you really need to work on your sense of humor.” Jessica said as she looked at the girl.

“It’s funny! I told it to my mum last year, she was laughing like crazy!” Sooyoung whined.

Jessica just smiled as a response. “So how did you break up with him?” Sooyoung asked.

“No, he broke up with me. He started to question why I had never said that I love him.” Jessica revealed. “You never told him? How long have you guys dated?” Sooyoung asked.

“Hmm about 3 years.” Jessica said.

“3 years??? And not even once you said that you loved him??” Sooyoung was surprised.

“I’m not that expressive type of person.” Jessica defended herself. “Sometimes when it comes to love or feelings in general, action speaks louder than words.” Jessica muttered. “What’s the point of telling I love you to the person 10 times a day, when what you do to the person is so minimal.. As long as the person knows that I would run through a forest of flames for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter