Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday

After learning that Jessica had left for Tokyo without her, Sooyoung felt even more depressed. At that point she felt like jumping off the building from that level. It was no longer an exaggeration for her. To be specific, she felt like jumping from Jessica’s office window. She was beyond heartbroken; she didn’t expect Jessica to leave her just like that. She carried her heavy heart and her heavy laptop into the meeting room. She took a seat somewhere a bit far from the others as she wanted to be alone. But Luna did come and sat next to her later that day. She took the paper that Tiffany handed her and studied everything that she had to do.

“Soo, your thumb looks terrible!” Luna greeted her. “I made the worst decision ripping the bandage off last night. I should have waited for the doctor to do it.” Sooyoung answered lazily. “You should have used a proper bandage cloth not a plaster bandage!” Luna exclaimed in concern. “Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.” Sooyoung faked a smile.

Sooyoung opened her laptop and signed into the building WIFI and then she opened the email server platform for her to begin her work. “If you need any help, just let me know.” Luna said softly to her. Sooyoung just nodded her head as a response. So, Sooyoung spent the whole day in the meeting room. She just left only if she needed to go to the bathroom or if she wanted to buy herself a drink. She didn’t even go out for lunch.

She did see Krystal at the same level that day. But she tried so hard not to let the girl saw her. And she did a good job staying out of the girl.

The time was already 8.30PM and she was still in the meeting room completing her work. Everyone had left earlier. Her tasks were a lot compared to the others but she didn’t want to complain. Having only one functional hand to use was even harder for her.

“Sooyoung, you’re still here?” Tiffany appeared at the door of the meeting room. “I’m just finishing up.” Sooyoung replied. “Hmm..” Tiffany was about to say something to her but then chose not to. “I’m going home now. Don’t stay here too long.” Tiffany said before she waved her goodbye. Sooyoung ended up being at the office till 10.45PM that day.

Tuesday

“Good job yesterday guys. Everyone managed to complete the tasks given.” Tiffany smiled. “If only you guys did like this from the very beginning, we won’t be in this position.” Tiffany added. They were so lagging behind with the project. Then, she handed them their tasks for that day. Sooyoung looked at her paper and saw that she would definitely be having another long day.

“What time did you go back yesterday?” Luna asked.

“I don’t know. I didn’t look at the time.” Sooyoung replied. She was really not in the mood to talk to anyone.

“You didn’t go to the clinic after work??” Luna realized that Sooyoung’s thumb was still looking the same as yesterday.

“Will go today.” Sooyoung responded.

That day was no different than yesterday. She stayed in the meeting room the whole day and left the office even later than yesterday. She got home around 11.35PM and straight went to bed.

Wednesday

“Sooyoung, can I see you for a bit?” Tiffany’s head popped at the door of the meeting room. Sooyoung stood up from the chair and made her way to Tiffany’s working area. “Yeah?” Sooyoung said. “Are you okay?” Tiffany asked her in concern.

“Yeah. Why?” Sooyoung asked back.

“Hmm you look unwell.” Tiffany looked at Sooyoung. “No, I’m okay.” Sooyoung faked a smile.

“Hmm okay. But if you need a day off, just let me know. You still have your annual leave right?” Tiffany asked. “Yeah sure.” Sooyoung nodded her head.

“Anyway, Luna said that you’ve been doing other people’s tasks as well?” Tiffany asked her.

“You know I can’t do the data injection without the configuration, the assessment, the analysis and the client deployment.” Sooyoung explained.

“I know. You should have just asked them to speed things up.”

“I’m just helping them out, they seemed stressed out. You know how far behind we are.” Sooyoung explained without any expression on her face. At that point, Tiffany understood why her manager refused to let her go. Sooyoung had been a good employee, she was a team player, she supported the team the best that she could. “Thank you Sooyoung that’s all.” Tiffany smiled. Sooyoung went back to the meeting room. Then suddenly her phone rang.

“Morning Ms Jessica.” Tiffany greeted her boss.

“Morning.” Jessica replied. “Can you send me an email on the pre agreement contract? I couldn’t find it in my inbox.” Jessica said. “I need it for the presentation later.” She added. “I’ll send it to you right now.” Tiffany assured her boss. “By the way Ms Jessica, Mrs Smith and her team are already at the hotel lobby.” She further informed.

“Really? Can you please tell them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter