Warewolf

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jessicaa am I in wonderland??” Sooyoung asked innocently to Jessica when they were already seated on their business class’ seat. Jessica just smiled as a response looking at her reaction. And then she turned behind to check on Soojin and Mrs Choi. Their seats were just two rows behind.

“Oh my god Jessica, are we in wonderland??” Mrs Choi asked excitedly, saying the same thing. Jessica couldn’t help but to chuckle. “Yes we are.” Jessica nodded her head as she wanted to play along. “Thank you.” Mrs Choi smiled. A few minutes later, the plane finally took off from Jeju. There was a sigh of relief from Jessica.

“You are sleeping at my place tonight. And hmm tomorrow night.” Jessica turned to look at Sooyoung who was pressing on the monitor screen in front of her. She wanted Sooyoung to sleep at her place because she needed to brief Sooyoung about the presentation. She badly wanted the presentation to go well. The last thing she wanted was Sooyoung to screw up the presentation.

“Oh okay. You have to tell my mum tho.” Sooyoung replied before she plugged in her earphones. “Oh yeah.” Jessica completely had forgotten that she had to talk to Mrs Choi about Sooyoung not wanting to live with her.

“I’m gonna watch this.” Sooyoung smiled widely looking at Jessica as she pointed to a movie called ‘Giant Spider Invasion.’

“Who would want to watch that?” Jessica questioned. The movie was an old movie dated back in 1975.

“You have no idea how huge the spiders were. It’s like they are from another dimension.” Sooyoung muttered enthusiastically. “It sounds as bad as the title.” Jessica replied.

“I know right. Believe me, nobody would want to watch this. The movie is like awesomely terrible you have no idea.” Sooyoung laughed. “See look at the spiders!” Sooyoung pointed to the screen.

“Yet, you are watching it.” Jessica smiled looking at Sooyoung who was laughing as she looked at giant spiders.

“Soojin, can we switch places for a bit?” Jessica asked politely after she turned around to look at the woman. She just wanted to talk to Mrs Choi for a bit.

“Oh yeah sure.” Soojin unbuckled her seat belt and walked towards Jessica. She then helped Jessica to get up from her seat. “Thanks.” Jessica smiled to Soojin. “You are not watching that stupid movie again.” Soojin whined to Sooyoung as she sat on Jessica’s place.

Jessica walked slowly as she held on the seats and then gently landed herself at Soojin’s place. “Eh Jessica? You should have called me there.” Mrs Choi greeted her. She wanted Jessica to rest her ankle.

“No, it’s okay. Sooyoung is watching stupid giant spiders at her seat. I didn’t want to bother her.” Jessica smiled. “How can you be so nice to her after what she did..” Mrs Choi said softly.

Jessica just smiled as a response. “Anyways Mrs Choi, hmm as much as Sooyoung adores you and loves you, she thinks it’s best for her to live at her place.” Jessica started the conversation. “Oh yeah, i want her to be back at her apartment too. Come to think of it, with my book club and all, I think it might not be such a good idea for her to be around the house.” Mrs Choi explained.

“You have a book club?” Jessica was surprised.

“I do.” Mrs Choi smiled proudly. “My gang from high school will get together every Monday.” She smiled. “That is so cool.” Jessica smiled. “I’m into reading too. It’s just that lately I don’t really have the time to read.” Jessica continued.

“Whenever you are free, you are so welcome to join my book club.” Mrs Choi smiled.

“Aww thank you. Will definitely let you know.” Jessica smiled. Somehow Mrs Choi had this motherly vibe that she loved. Her mother definitely didn’t have it.

“What book are you guys reading now?” Jessica asked.

“Oh we’re reading this exciting and wonderful book called How to Flirt With a Warewolf.” Mrs Choi said with a smile.

“Excuse me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter