Black Coffee with Vegan Creamer

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good. Now go sleep.” Jessica said to the girl with a smile on her face. “You need to sleep too.” Sooyoung replied. “I will sleep once I’m done with this.” Jessica informed as she wore her reading glasses again. She needed to reply an email by that night.

“Seriously, you work too hard. You would get sick.” Sooyoung mumbled. “I won’t get sick. The last time I was sick was 5 years ago.” Jessica said proudly.

“For real??” Sooyoung asked back in disbelief. She would get sick almost every month. “Yes. I don’t easily get sick.” Jessica said again oh so proudly.

“I have a feeling that you would get sick soon. You haven’t been getting enough sleep, you’ve been eating late, you’ve been working too hard..” Sooyoung was rambling nonstop.

“Sooyoung, its 12am. It’s too late to be nagging. Do it tomorrow.” Jessica stopped the girl.

“I’m not going to sleep till you tell me that you’re going to sleep.” Sooyoung said seriously.

“Sooyoung, I only have one email to reply, and then I will be off to bed. I’m already on the bed anyway.” Jessica reassured her.

“Okay. I will wait then.” Sooyoung said over the line. “Alright, if you insist.” Jessica said to her. Then, she put the phone on loudspeaker so that it would be easier for her to type on her laptop.

“You’re on loudspeaker by the way.” Jessica informed.

“Okay.” Sooyoung said. Sooyoung could hear the sound of a typing over the line. “By the way, I have a question.” Sooyoung spoke.

“Yes.” Jessica mumbled with her attention focusing on the email she was replying. “Is it always been your dream to be a Vice President?” Sooyoung asked.

“Nope.” Jessica said. “When I was a young kid, I always wanted to be a botanist.” Jessica revealed.

“What the heck is a botanist?” Sooyoung asked back weirdly.

“It’s like a biologist whose specialty is plants.”

“What??” Sooyoung didn’t get anything the woman was saying.

“Botanist is like plant explorers.” Jessica rephrased the sentence to a simpler way.

“Oh my god, why would a kid want to explore plants??” Sooyoung questioned.

“It’s interesting Sooyoung. My great great grandmother was a botanist. She studied the effects of pollution on plants and work towards environmental protection. She also identified new plant species and then evaluated their parts and uses.” Jessica further explained. There was so much passion in her voice.

“I felt so sorry for the old woman.” Sooyoung commented. “Don’t say that. She was living her life to the fullest.” Jessica responded.

“Please don’t be a botanist. Just be Ms Jung the Vice President.” Sooyoung said. Jessica couldn’t help but to chuckle. “And why is that Choi Sooyoung?” Jessica asked back. “Because I like you as a Vice President. It’s way cooler.” Sooyoung replied.

“You like me as a Vice President?”

“Yes.”

“Well, thank you for being the first person who likes it.” Jessica smiled.

“Why would you say that?”

“People think I’m too young for the job.” Jessica revealed which made Sooyoung think. “Wait, I thought you were too young at first too.” Sooyoung admitted. “But then, after seeing how crazy you work every day, I changed my mind.” Sooyoung explained.

“You can’t stop people from talking.” Sooyoung added. “I’m sure Chairman Jung sees that potential in you, and that’s why you are the vice president, not them.” Sooyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter