Reckless

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung sat on the carpeted floor of the hotel room with a plate of lotus leaf rice and a plate of seaweed pancake. She looked at the dish. “What the is this..” she mumbled slowly to herself. Jessica on the other hand was already munching on her rice while doing on her work on the bed. Of course she was ignoring the existence of Sooyoung there in the room.

Mrs Choi on the other hand, had to leave the room earlier when Sooyoung returned since she had plans with Soojin that night. They decided to go out by the beach for dinner.

Sooyoung smelled the rice and the smell was just not good. She opened the lotus leaf that was nicely wrapped and looked at the rice inside. It was sticky rice. At that instant, she felt like throwing up.

“Taste it.” Jessica finally broke the silence. She then glanced at Sooyoung who was sitting on the floor. “I thought you don’t want to speak to me for the next forever.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly and innocently.

Jessica ignored her as she took another bite of her rice. Sooyoung took the spoon and scooped a bit of the sticky rice and slowly put it into . She quickly spit the rice out from . She really felt like throwing up. “How can you eat this??” Sooyoung exclaimed before she drank the whole glass of cranberry juice.

“If you don’t want it, give it to me.” Jessica said seriously. Sooyoung stood up from the floor and put the plate on Jessica’s bed. Then she sat back on the floor.

Then she took the plate with the seaweed pancake. She tasted it and it was not as bad as the rice. Finally, something that she could eat. She ate the pancake vigorously because she was hungry and tired from all the long hiking she did.

“Take this.” Jessica said pointing at her seaweed pancake.

“No, it’s okay. I have eaten mine.” Sooyoung muttered as she didn’t want to anger the woman anymore. She knew Jessica really wanted the pancake. “Just take it!” Jessica exclaimed a bit louder. Sooyoung quickly stood up and took the plate. She was somehow a bit scared with the sudden loud voice.

Sooyoung sat on her bed while holding on to the plate of seaweed pancake. “I’m sorry.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. She just didn’t know how to apologize anymore. “I’m really really really sorry.” Sooyoung said again.

Jessica turned to look at her and then she landed her back at the headboard of the bed. “Look Sooyoung, I’m not mad because of what happened to my ankle. Things like this happened.” Jessica started to speak. “I’m just upset that you are always so clumsy and reckless. And sometimes so thoughtless.  You don’t think before you do anything.” Jessica explained what she felt.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung lowered her head.

“To be honest, I’m tired of getting upset at you.” Jessica expressed.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung mumbled the same thing.

“For once, please try not to make me upset. Try not to make me feel like I wanna hit you on your head.” Jessica said.

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying you’re sorry.” Jessica muttered with a frown.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung looked at her. She didn’t know what else to say. “I will try to change.” Sooyoung admitted. “Okay. Thank you. I appreciate that.” Jessica nodded her head.

“Now eat that. I know you’re hungry.” Jessica said as she pointed to the pancake on Sooyoung’s hand. “Why didnt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter