Juice

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “I am so sorry. Sometimes I just don’t know what to do with her.” Mrs Choi apologized to Jessica. “I just don’t know how she could be that ungrateful.” Mrs Choi added referring to what happened earlier that evening.

“Mrs Choi, please don’t apologize. Your daughter has achieved more than any other employees we have at the contact center department.” Jessica smiled. “She has been working at the bank for so long, doing the same thing for the longest of time, it’s normal for her to feel in that certain way.” Jessica was trying to rationalize the woman.

“If I were to look at it, it would be her manager’s fault for not doing anything about it. She should have transferred your daughter to another department so that there will improvements in her career growth.” Jessica commented.  Mrs Choi and Soojin didn’t say anything.

“Please cut her a bit of slack.” Jessica smiled; comforting Mrs Choi. “I think at the moment, playing video games make her happy, so just let her do that.” Jessica said again softly.

“You know what, I think you would make a very good Vice President.” Mrs Choi smiled. “Thank you, I still have so much to learn.” Jessica was being humble.

“Let me go check on her.” Soojin said.

“No, let me.” Jessica said as she stood up from the chair.

Jessica went out of the house and saw Sooyoung was sitting on the ground playing with a stray cat. She then took her pink ribbon and put it on the cat’s head.

“I thought you celebrate Cancer Awareness every month?” Jessica approached the girl. “I was just playing with the cat.” Sooyoung quickly took the ribbon and out it back on her shirt.

“Tough night?” Jessica asked as she crossed her arms while standing a bit far from Sooyoung.

“Hmm I’m used to it.” Sooyoung said. “Whatever I did, it’s always not enough to them.” Sooyoung added. Jessica just stared at the girl. She saw a wooden bench and chose to sit on it. She crossed her legs and looked at Sooyoung.

“Family always wants the best for you.” Jessica muttered. It was a bit windy that night and she felt good being outside at the time.

“I’m sorry Ms Jessica. I didn’t mean to get you into this.” Sooyoung said softly.

“No worries. It’s been awhile since I last had home cook meals.” Jessica let out a smile. For the first time, Sooyoung felt like she could actually talk to the woman. Maybe, the people at the office were wrong about this woman. The VP was not that bad.

“Ms Jessica, I’m just going to be honest with you. It’s not that I hate the bank. I just feel hmm.. How should I say this..” Sooyoung was trying to find the right words to say so she would not upset the woman again.

“Sooyoung, you don’t have to explain.” Jessica interrupted her. “I know how it feels when you are stuck doing the same thing for so long. Tiffany told me that you have been trying to quit for several times.” Jessica added.

“You know how I felt all this while???” Sooyoung asked loudly.  

“But it is still unfair for you to say the bank a hole.”  Jessica quickly responded not letting Sooyoung to get carried away. “Seriously, I have lost count on how many times I said the word ‘ hole’ these past two days.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

Jessica looked at her watch and the time was almost 9.45PM. She needed to pick Krystal up from her friend’s place around 10.15PM.

“It’s getting late. We need to pick up Krystal from her friend’s place.” Jessica said to Sooyoung. Sooyoung nodded her head as she stood up from the ground. Then, both of them went back inside and Jessica told Mrs Choi that she needed to leave.

Mrs Choi insisted to pack some of the leftovers for Jessica so she would have something to eat in the morning. “Thank you so much Mrs Choi. It was so nice of you to cook all these food for me.” Jessica thanked Mrs Choi.

“Please come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter