Video Games

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The dinner will be at 8.30PM, don’t be late okay.” Mrs Choi smiled before she hugged Jessica. Jessica returned the hug awkwardly. They were in front of Mrs Choi’s house. Jessica was the one who offered to send the woman back.

Sooyoung was looking at the two women nervously. “Thank you so much.” Mrs Choi smiled. Then, she waited for Jessica to go inside the car.

“Mummm! Is it really necessary for you to invite her tonight???” Sooyoung questioned her mother. She wanted to talk to her mother for few seconds before going back to the car with her boss. “Eh? Are you talking to me?” Mrs Choi looked at her daughter; pretending that she didn’t know the girl.

“Mummm.” Sooyoung whined.  “She’s my boss! She’s the CEO’s daughter!” Sooyoung exclaimed. “It’s weird to have her at our house!” Sooyoung was giving all the excuses that she could think of.

“Oh I have to start cooking!” Mrs Choi was surprised to look at the time; she was ignoring her daughter and just walked inside her house.

“Mummmmmmmm!” Sooyoung whined loudly. Then she turned to look at Jessica who was waiting for her in the car. The woman was talking on the phone with someone. She had no choice but to carry her heavy feet towards the car.

She slowly opened the door to the passenger’s seat and went in. The moment she was in, Jessica ended the call.

“Do you know what?” Jessica said before she started to drive.

“Yes Ms Jessica?” Sooyoung mumbled so slowly. She was afraid.

“I should have fired you the other day.” Jessica revealed. Sooyoung was stunned, but remained silent because she knew nothing could be said to make it better.  

“I had an important conference call from the States scheduled at 8.30PM that I had to cancel do you know that?” Jessica said. “Do you know how hard it is for Tiffany to schedule it?” Jessica said again.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. You don’t really have to attend the dinner..” Sooyoung mumbled slowly.

“I promise your mother that I would attend. I’m just going to get it over with.” Jessica said. “Once I’m done with tonight, you will no longer be involved in the project.” Jessica added seriously. “You are reporting back to your manager tomorrow and you will be issued a final warning letter.” Jessica said again.

“I can’t tolerate having someone like you working for the bank. You were supposed to be the representative of the company. As an employee of the bank, it is in your best interest to consider yourself as an ambassador of the bank. Not talking about it. Things like this could get you fired, I’m sure you are smart enough to know that. ” Of course she was pissed.

At that point, the image of Seohyun suddenly popped into Sooyoung’s mind. “I’m sorry.” Sooyoung looked down.

The time was almost 6.30PM and Jessica instructed her to just go home. She was really not in the mood to see Sooyoung that evening. “I’ll pick you up later Ms Jessica.” Sooyoung said slowly to her boss as soon as the car was parked.

“You don’t have to. I remember the way.” Jessica said seriously.

“I’m picking you up whether you like it or not.” Sooyoung said before she left the car. She felt guilty, so she wanted to drive the woman that night, be her personal driver. “Excuse me??” Jessica asked back but by that time, Sooyoung had closed the door.

“I’ll pick you up at 8!” Sooyoung smiled from outside of the car window and then she quickly ran to her car before Jessica could get out from the car.

“Urghh this girl.” Jessica groaned slowly to herself.

Before Sooyoung went home, she stopped by a mall nearby. She wanted to buy a new pink shirt for her to wear that night. As soon as she was done she went straight home. “God, please have mercy on me tonight.” She said to herself.

The time was almost 7.30PM and she hurriedly went to get ready so that she would be early to pick her boss up. It would be her last time to impress the woman since she would be back answering calls tomorrow.

Before Sooyoung left the house, she wore a pink ribbon on her pink shirt, just to show Jessica how much she supports Cancer Awareness. “You look stupid you know that Sooyoung.” Sooyoung talked to herself in the mirror. She was wearing a black jeans, pink shirt with a pink ribbon.

Sooyoung reached her boss’ serviced apartment sharp at 8PM. She then texted her boss.

To: Weird Vegan Jung
Message: Ms Jessica, I am already here.

Sooyoung then went outside of the car to wait for the woman. A few minutes later, she saw the lift was opened and saw Jessica who was wearing a long black collared blouse walking out of the lift and towards her. Sooyoung smiled awkwardly and opened the back door of her small car for the woman.

Jessica ignored her as she just straightaway went inside the passenger’s seat. “What?” Sooyoung mouthed slowly. She quickly closed the door and ran to the driver’s seat.

“I don’t like sitting at the back.” Jessica said seriously while staring at her phone.

“Oh okay.” Sooyoung muttered.

“Ms Jessica do you like what I’m wearing??” Sooyoung asked with a smile. An awkward smile.

Jessica then turned to look at her clueless-ly. “It’s pink! I even have a pink ribbon here!” Sooyoung exclaimed i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter