Welcome to Jeju!

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was already at her seat and of course Sooyoung was next to her in the flight. It was just a small plane since the destination was not that far. At the time, Sooyoung was trying to wear the seatbelt using her one hand and the other ‘disabled’ hand.

“Do you need help?” Jessica asked softly.

“No thank you.” Sooyoung smiled widely. “I can do this. See?” Sooyoung finally was able to wear it. Soojin and Mrs Choi were seated a few rows in front of them. After Sooyoung was done with her seatbelt, she then went for her bag pack to look for something.

Jessica was still looking at her. “Ahaaa!” Sooyoung exclaimed excitedly when she took out a magazine. It was a gaming magazine. Mrs Choi bought it for her yesterday after they got back from the hospital. Since she was crying like a baby because of the pain, Mrs Choi had to buy her something so that she would shut up.

“My mum bought me this.” Sooyoung looked at Jessica innocently. Jessica really couldn’t help but to smile. “I really don’t understand what is so great about all this.” Jessica commented.

“Once my thumb is okay, we will play games together. Then only you’ll know.” Sooyoung smiled.

“Anyway, if you don’t wanna go hiking with me, it’s fine.” Jessica said since she somehow felt guilty looking at the girl’s bandaged thumb. Plus, what Soojin said earlier at their house was somehow right. How can Sooyoung go with an injured thumb like that?

“We had a deal remember?” Sooyoung replied back. “If I go hiking with you, you will talk to my mum and we will go eat abalone.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Your mum paid for my flight and the hotel Sooyoung. Even if you don’t go hiking with me, I would still have talked to her.” Jessica explained. “You promised to go eat abalone with me?” Sooyoung mumbled sadly.

“You can still go eat abalone anytime Soo.” Jessica said softly. “I just want you to get better.” She added looking at the hand. “I’m better now. Plus, I can’t let you go hiking alone.” Sooyoung explained. “Are you sure?” Jessica asked again. “Yes. Before I changed my mind, don’t ask me anymore.” Sooyoung quickly said. Jessica just smiled as a response.

The plan took off a few minutes later and Sooyoung had fallen asleep not too long after that. She slept around 4am since she had slept for 6 hours straight yesterday evening. Only god knows how sleepy she was that morning.

While Sooyoung was sleeping, Jessica took the magazine and flipped it. “Seriously, who would buy all these..” Jessica was mumbling to herself. The games were all so ridiculously expensive.

She could only last 2 minutes looking at the magazine and then she ended up looking at her laptop to check on her presentation. Although she promised herself not to do any work during the trip, she just couldn’t help it. She plugged in her earphones and did her work throughout the one hour flight.

Ladies & Gentlemen, we will be landing in Jeju International Airport soon. Please ensure that you have fasten your seatbelt.

Jessica took off her earphones and put everything inside her bagpack. While she was putting her stuff, she called out for Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung, wake up now.” She said. Of course the girl didn’t move a single bit. “Sooyoung” Jessica patted Sooyoung’a lap gently asking the girl to wake up.

“Are we in a forest already?” Sooyoung said in daze as she opened her puffy eyes. “Not yet. Soon.” Jessica smiled. The plane landed smoothly and in just less than a half an hour, the four of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter