Vegans For Life

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where am I supposed to get all these stuff??” Sooyoung was whining on the phone to the VP’s assistant. She just got into her car and was looking at the list that Jessica gave her just now.

“Send me the list.” Tiffany said over the phone asking the girl to text her all the list. Sooyoung took a picture of the list and sent it to Tiffany.

“Is she vegan or something??” Sooyoung asked. “I thought vegans don’t exist.” Sooyoung added innocently.

“Why do you think vegans don’t exist??” Tiffany asked surprisingly. “I don’t know. Why would someone choose not to eat chicken?” Sooyoung mumbled. “Chicken is good. I like chicken.” Sooyoung smiled the moment the image of fried chicken came into her mind.

“What the is an Aquafaba??” Suddenly Sooyoung came to her sense when Tiffany’s voice was heard over the line. She just opened the picture of the list Sooyoung sent her.

“I know right. She’s just weird.” Sooyoung said before she started the engine of the car. “She’s not weird Sooyoung. She just eats stuff that normal people don’t eat” Tiffany replied back while googling the word ‘Aquafaba’ on the net.

“What’s the opposite of normal? WEIRD.” Sooyoung said.

“Hmm wait, I found something.” Tiffany said to Sooyoung. “Aquafaba is the name for the viscous water in which legume seeds such as chickpeas have been cooked.” Tiffany read from the website called VegansForEternity dot com.

“I don’t understand a single thing.” Sooyoung said.

“Listen to this; it has the ability to mimic functional properties of egg whites in vegan cooking.” Tiffany read some more.

“Ah I see.. So basically, aquafaba is like egg whites for weirdos.” Sooyoung muttered.  “Yep, basically it.” Tiffany had to agree.

“I will give you a list of stores that you can go and get these stuffs.” Tiffany informed. “Thank youuuuu.” Sooyoung replied in aegyo. “Oh yeah, can I have her number? She wants me to text her once I’m done buying all this .”

Tiffany sent her the number as well as the list of vegan stores available around Seoul.

From: Tiffany
Message: These are some of the vegan stores available around Seoul. Most of the stores close at 9 or 10pm. So be quick. By the way, I have given your number to her in case she needs you to do anything else.

SSG Food market   Gourmet 464 Chunk of Cheese Orga Whole Foods Asia Mart Veganism Whole Wheat

“In case she needs me to do anything else??” Sooyoung was surprised when she read the text. “Does she think I’m her servant or something??” Sooyoung was whining while driving around the city looking for the stores. “Do I look like a servant??” She was whining the whole evening.

Since she was not the familiar with most of the items on the list, she was stuck doing vegan shopping for 4 hours. She even had to spend almost an hour searching for a Veg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter