Sooyoung & Jessica

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany was standing outside of her car waiting for someone. And then there was a certain Mercedes drove inside the building area. “Ms Jessica.” Tiffany greeted her boss when the woman went out of the car.

“How is she?” Jessica asked.

“Other than she whines a lot, I thinks she’s gonna be fine.” Tiffany replied. Jessica couldn’t help but to smile after hearing it.

 “Her fever is not that high but she’s still complaining about her thumb tho.” Tiffany added. “I thought the thumb is healing.” Jessica said in concern. She did remember last few days that Sooyoung said the thumb was finally getting better.

“There’s a bacterial infection on the stitched area of the thumb.” Tiffany informed her boss.

“Forward the bill to me.” Jessica said.

“Will do Ms Jessica. She didn’t lock the door so you’re good.” Tiffany smiled widely. “Thank you for doing this.” Jessica said softly to her reliable assistant.

“Anything for you Ms Jessica. Your happiness is my number one utmost priority.” Tiffany smiled. At that point she already knew what was going on between Sooyoung and her boss.

“Keep this to yourself okay.” Jessica mumbled. It was embarrassing enough for her that her own assistant knew that she’s dating her own employee. And she also didn’t want anything to screw what she had with Sooyoung. It’s too early for that.

“Don’t worry Ms Jessica. That’s what assistant for.” Tiffany smiled again. She didn’t know why but she liked seeing her boss like that. Sooyoung would definitely make her boss happy, that’s one thing she was sure of. After seeing Tiffany left the building, Jessica made her way up to her sick ‘soon to be girlfriend’ again.

As soon as she reached in front of the apartment, she straightaway opened the door. She walked inside and then went to peek inside the bedroom. She saw Sooyoung was sleeping soundly on the bed. She walked slowly towards the bed and sat next to her.

Only god knows how badly she missed the girl. She on Sooyoung’s front hair and smiled to herself.

It had been almost a week she didn’t see her. At that point she knew life without Sooyoung was lonely for her. She was miserable the past 6 days. She checked in to a hotel after she left Sooyoung’s apartment on Saturday since she got so used to sleeping on a bed, she just didn’t want to sleep on the floor at her apartment anymore. She locked herself inside the hotel room throughout the time. The only time she left the hotel room was yesterday when Mrs Smith and her team came for the presentation on the outsourcing project and also for lunch with her family that day.

Then she placed her hand on Sooyoung’s forehead and the heat was there. As much as she wanted to hug and kiss her, she felt it was best to let Sooyoung rest for now. So she stood up from the bed and left the bedroom. She sat on the sofa and did a bit of work on her laptop.

Sooyoung opened her eyes and lazily she checked on the time. It was already 11.30PM. She didn’t expect to be sleeping for 6 hours straight. She was having a bit of migraine and she still could feel the throbbing pain on her thumb. She slowly got up on the bed and walked out of the room to get something to eat.

The moment she opened the door she was so surprised to see Jessica was sleeping on the sofa bed. Jessica made the sofa bed herself and slept outside so that she won’t bother Sooyoung. Sooyoung couldn’t believe her eyes. She really didn’t expect Jessica to be back at her apartment.

“Wait, am I seeing things?” Sooyoung asked herself and then she rubbed her eyes. When she opened her eyes again, Jessica was still there. She felt like crying. Tears of happiness of course. So she quietly tiptoed to the sofa bed and crawled next to the woman. She back hugged Jessica tightly in her arms. A few minutes later, she fell back to sleep having Jessica in her arms again.

****

Jessica woke up with the sound of her phone ringing. Her phone was just actually next to her pillow so she took a look at it and it was the office. “Urgh..” She groaned to herself. She straightaway rejected the call. But suddenly she felt something inside her shirt. She looked at it and saw there was a hand inside her shirt holding on to her .

She then turned to look at the sleeping sick girl and placed her hand on her cheek. She was still hot. “Baby..” She softly called her.

“Hmm..”

“You haven’t eaten anything.” She mumbled softly. Sooyoung needed to eat so that she could take her meds.

Sooyoung then opened her eyes and looked at the woman. “Are you still angry at me?” She asked slowly. “No.” Jessica shook her head.

“You left me.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“I didn’t leave you.”

“You did. I was alone for 6days.” Sooyoung mumbled sadly.

“I was alone for 6 days too.” Jessica replied back.

“You went to Tokyo without me.” Sooyoung mumbled sadly.

“I didn’t go to Tokyo.”

Sooyoung was surprised. “But you weren’t at your apartment and Krystal said you weren’t at your parents’.” She replied.

“I checked in to a hotel. I got so used sleeping on a bed, on your bed. I just didn’t want to sleep on the floor anymore.” Jessica explained why she wasn’t at her apartment the night Sooyoung came. “I didn’t go baby. I just couldn’t.” She added.

“I’m sorry for not being honest.” Sooyoung apologized. Jessica on the hand just stared at her. “I promise I won’t hide anything else from you again.” She added.

 “Thank you. I will do the same for you.” Jessica just let out a warm smile. “Are you going to move back here?” Sooyoung asked innocently. “Yes I am. I don’t wanna go back to my apartment anymore.” Jessica smiled. Sooyoung was smiling as well, she was so happy she think she might die at that point.

“Before I start nagging you on this..” Jessica held on Sooyoung’s bandaged hand. Tiffany told her about the infection earlier. “I’m just going to wait for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter