Period Pain

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was in Sooyoung’s car as she made her way to the office with one hand on the wheel and the other holding on to the strawberry Popsicle Sooyoung had given her earlier. “Hmmmpphh god.” Jessica was enjoying herself eating the Popsicle. She couldn’t remember when was the last time she had eaten that. She would usually eat gluten free, non-dairy ice cream and she had forgotten on how good normal ice cream taste like.

She was smiling to herself remembering on how crazy last night and this morning were. But then she heard a phone was ringing.

RING RING RING

Jessica realized that she had taken Sooyoung’s phone with her and left hers at the apartment on the sofa bed. Jessica looked at the caller name and the caller name was ‘Best Game Store Ever.’

“Heh?” Jessica looked at it weirdly. Jessica decided not to answer the call; she didn’t want to get involved with any of Sooyoung’s business. And then, the phone rang again, with the same caller.

“Hmm, it could be important.” Jessica said to herself. She decided to answer the call and passed the message to Sooyoung later.

“Hello.” She answered. “Hi Ms Sooyoung, guess what???” A guy straightaway asked over the line.  

“Huh?” Jessica was clueless.

“YOUR PRE-ORDERED GAME HAS ARRIVED!!” The guy exclaimed excitedly.

“Oh okay. Right.” Jessica replied awkwardly.

 “You must be excited.” The guy said again. “Huh? Hmm yeah of course.” Jessica said awkwardly.

“Stop by the store after work okay! We have another surprise for you.” The guy was clearly excited.

“Yeah sure. Thanks again.” Jessica said.

“How come you don’t sound excited?” The guy said. “You’ve been waiting for this!” He added. “Of course I’m excited.” Jessica changed her tone a bit so that she would sound excited and happy.

“The other day, you ordered the Limited Edition one and asked whether you could get the deluxe version as well right? We do have three deluxe edition copies left. Would you want me to save one for you??” The guy asked.

“Oh gosh, I shouldn’t have answered this call.” Jessica was mumbling to herself slowly. “Hmm look, I will get Sooyoung to call you back later.” Jessica said and quickly ended the call.

“God, why would she want two copies of the same game??” Jessica asked herself. Jessica finally understood what Soojin was saying last night on Sooyoung was wasting her money to buy games.

“Weird girl.” Jessica smiled as she made a turn on a junction. She reached the office around 10.50am. Only god knows how relieved she was at the time. She had a very important meeting with a company from the Philippines. She proposed an idea to her father, the CEO of the bank on outsourcing half of the contact center department to Philippines.

“Outsourcing can save money on labor and operational costs which can deliver significant savings and an increase in gross profit.” Jessica said in a meeting with her father the other day. She wanted to prove to her father that making her the VP of the company was the right choice. She knew for a fact that everyone had been talking about her on how she’s too young, lack of experience and incapable of being the VP. She wanted to prove them wrong.  That was why she came up with the idea.

Mr Jung agreed to the idea and she was scheduled to present the proposal in front of the representatives from Philippines that day. She really didn’t want to screw it up.

“Ms Jessica? Why are you driving Choi Sooyoung’s car??” The security guard at the basement parking greeted her. “You knew her?” Jessica asked back before she closed the door of the car.

“Everyone knows her. She’s one funny girl.” The guard laughed.

“Yeah.” Jessica replied with a smile.

“She has her own parking space here in the basement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter