Promise

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for the food by the way.” Jessica said before she forked on her cucumber salad and then she stuffed it in . Sooyoung could hear the crunch sound of the cucumber over the line.

“It wasn’t my intention to tell Tiffany earlier.” Sooyoung said. “She wanted to discuss with you about me wanting to help out, and I didn’t want her to.” Sooyoung explained.

“Why didn’t you?” Jessica asked back while enjoying her cucumber salad.

“You said you’re gonna be busy today.” Sooyoung replied.

“I’m always busy.” Jessica responded as she kept on munching on her fresh cucumber salad. “Anyways, I have another 3 meetings later. One at 2.30, then 3.45 and the last one at 4.30.” Jessica informed. She didn’t know why she told her schedule to the girl but she felt like telling her.

“That’s a lot.” Sooyoung said. Then, Jessica could hear the sound of Sooyoung slurping on noodles; well in this case, linguine. Jessica was smiling to herself. “How’s your thumb?” Jessica asked while she opened the box on the parmesan eggplants.

“Is it still bleeding?” Jessica asked.

“Hmm no.” Sooyoung lied. She really didn’t want to go to the hospital.

“Okay. I will see it later with my own eyes.” Jessica responded. “You should eat fast, it’s almost 2.30.” Sooyoung quickly changed the subject. “Yeah. Alright. I’ll see you later.” Jessica said softly.

Her meeting would be starting in 10 minutes time, so she was planning to pack all the food and ate it in between the next meeting later. While she was putting back the food boxes back in the brown bag, she saw there was a receipt. As she expected, Sooyoung did order herself the creamy vegan linguine. Jessica just smiled to herself while she cleaned up her table.

“I will definitely turn you vegan without even you knowing it Sooyoung.” Jessica muttered to herself with a smile.

****

Jessica managed to go through all her meetings that day. She was back in her office room feeling exhausted beyond words. She then looked at her watch, it was already 5.30.

*BEEP

From: Krystal
Message: Can you pick me up at the college now?

“Urghhh.” Jessica groaned loudly. She had no choice but to fetch Krystal up from her college after she picked up the damn game. She switched off her laptop, and then put it in her laptop bag. Then, she took her car keys and purse.

After Jessica left her office room, she stopped by Tiffany’s desk. “You’re leaving already?” Tiffany asked looking at her boss. “Yeah.” Jessica said as she massaged her sore shoulder. “Send me a report on the ESP. I’ll check it tonight.” Jessica instructed.

“Will do.” Tiffany nodded her head. “Do I have anything tomorrow morning?” Jessica asked. Tiffany immediately opened her planner and straightaway informed Jessica that she needed to attend an opening of the cancer rehabilitation center. Since she’s the President of the Korean Cancer Resource Foundation, it was compulsory for her to attend and officiate the event.

“It’s tomorrow?” Jessica asked in surprise. “Yes Ms Jessica. Here.” Tiffany handed her the invitation. “Oh crap. I was planning to wake up a bit late tomorrow.” Jessica sighed.

“Anyway, I have to go now.” Jessica looked at her watch. “Don’t forget to send me the email.” She added. “I will Ms Jessica, and don’t forget abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter