Bleeding Heart

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want my mummmmm.” Sooyoung kept on whining. Jessica gathered all her strength to ignore all the whining and kept on following the trail. If she was not mistaken, they were only 40minutes away to reach the peak of the hill.

While they were walking, Jessica stumbled upon an unusual looking flower. It was definitely a rare species. “Sooyoung look at thisss!” Jessica called out for Sooyoung excitedly. Of course Sooyoung was uninterested but she still went closer to look at the flower. “If I’m not mistaken, this flower is called Bleeding Heart.” Jessica informed. She had an encyclopedia on flowers back at home.

“Bleeding heart?” Sooyoung asked back. “Yes.” Jessica nodded her head and then she took a picture of it. “Just like my heart right now. Bleeding.” Sooyoung commented. Jessica just smiled to herself after hearing the comment.

“Do you know why it is called Bleeding heart? It’s because the pink-colored, heart-shaped flowers and it has small dangling tips that are compared to drops of blood.” Jessica explained. Sooyoung wasn’t paying attention of course.

“Can I touch it?” Sooyoung’s four fingers were almost touching the flower. “No Sooyoung!!!” Jessica managed to stop her but accidently her hand touched the flower instead. “Oh no..” Jessica mumbled slowly.

“Oh my godddd.. What will happen if you touch the flowerrrrr???” Sooyoung asked loudly. “This is poisonous Sooyoung.” Jessica quickly looked for an antiseptic cream inside her bag pack. “I’m so sorryyyy.” Sooyoung quickly apologized. “I hope I won’t get a skin irritation.” Jessica applied the cream on her hand.

“Listen to me first next time. You can’t just go around touching everything in a forest.” Jessica advised.

“I’m so sorry.” Sooyoung mumbled in guilt.

“Alright. Let’s go. It’s almost 6PM.” Jessica said. She didn’t want to reach the end of trail at night time. “See I told you it was not a good idea going hiking.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Sooyoung, shut up.” Jessica said.

They hiked for 35minutes in silent till they reached the top of the hill. “Sooyoung, this is beautiful.” Jessica broke the silence. As soon as she saw the view, she had forgotten that she was upset with Sooyoung.

“Yes it is.” Sooyoung smiled. She had never seen anything as beautiful as that. The scenery overlooked the sea surrounding the island of Jeju was spectacular.

“It was all worth it right?” Jessica said while looking at the view. “Yeah I guess so.” Sooyoung replied. “Want me to take a picture of you?” Sooyoung asked.

“Let’s take a picture together.” Jessica suggested.

“Really?” Sooyoung was a bit surprised to hear it.

“Yeah. Why not? We hiked for 3 hours for this.” Jessica muttered. She then took her camera and pulled Sooyoung close to her. She then snapped a few pictures of them together with Sooyoung smiling widely showing a thumbs up using her bandaged thumb.

Both of them spent around 20 minutes being on top of the hill since Jessica wanted to. Sooyoung was enjoying the view too but then suddenly she saw Jessica’s hand. “Oh my goddd!!” She exclaimed loudly.

“Oh my god!” Jessica was also surprised herself. Her hand has started to swell due to the skin irritation from the poisonous flower. Apparently putting the antiseptic cream did not work.

“We need to go back nowwww!!” Sooyoung was clearly freaking out. Sooyoung quickly grabbed Jessica’s arm and quickly dragged the woman down from the hill. She felt awfully guilty. If it wasn’t because of her, Jessica wouldn’t be in that state.

“Sooyoung, not too fast!” Jessica couldn’t keep up since they were going down a hill. “Sooyoung!!” Jessica exclaimed loudly as she lost her balance. She had accidentally sprained her ankle. “Awwwww.” Jessica was on the ground holding on to her ankle.

“Sooyounggggg” Jessica groaned in pain. “What the is wrong with me??????!” Sooyoung cried out loud. “Go get the forest rangerrr noww.” Jessica instructed Sooyoung while trying hard to bear the pain on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter