Important

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung held on Jessica’s hand and dragged her hand towards the kitchen. She asked Jessica to sit on the stool. Then Sooyoung opened the food that Jessica brought home just now. She walked towards the kitchen cabinet took two plates and then she put the food for both of them to eat.

“I thought you have eaten a lot of chicken.” Jessica said seriously while she looked at Sooyoung who was putting the food on the plate for her.

“Shut up. We’re going to eat together now.” Sooyoung replied as she glanced at Jessica. Although she was already full from the four chicken wings earlier, she was still willing to eat Jessica’s vegan lunch.

Somehow Jessica loved it when Sooyoung talked aggressive to her like that. She decided to keep quite. Jessica bought cheesy broccoli pasta and a vegan Greek salad for the both of them to eat. Then , Sooyoung went to take two glasses and poured cold water and put one glass in front of Jessica.

“Now, let us eat in peace.” Sooyoung instructed.

Jessica just obeyed her. She took a fork and twirled her pasta before she stuffed it into . She was hungry. She had not eaten anything since morning. Although Tiffany offered leftover lunch from Mr Jung’s meeting to her earlier, she refused it because she wanted to eat with Sooyoung.

“Did you get all your work from the office?” Sooyoung asked without looking at Jessica. She was busy separating the broccoli from her pasta.

“Yes.” Jessica responded.

“I’m still waiting for you to give me something to do on the ESP.” Sooyoung said. She wanted to get Jessica’s mind distracted from what happened earlier.

“Oh god..” Jessica finally remembered about the project. She had been so preoccupied with other things that she somehow didn’t focus on the project. “I haven’t been checking the progress of the project.” Jessica said. She then took her phone and looked at her calendar. Only two weeks left for the project.

At that point, they were having normal conversation which was what Sooyoung wanted. “Let me help then. That was what I was supposed to do anyway.” Sooyoung looked at Jessica.

“Before I go back to the department, I want to at least help out with the project a bit.” Sooyoung added.

“Alright.” Jessica said. Spontaneously, she forked some of the broccoli from Sooyoung’s plate and put it on her plate. Lunch was normal, which was a relieved for Sooyoung.

As soon as they were done with lunch, Sooyoung cleaned the kitchen counter washed all the dishes. She decided to throw all the chicken away. Even though she was horribly crying inside, it was the right thing to do. She did promise Jessica that she wouldn’t have non vegan food while she was around so yeah it was definitely the right thing to do.

They were in front of each other with their laptops on. “Alright, boss. What should I do now?” Sooyoung smiled.

Jessica just stared at Sooyoung’s face as a response. “Hmm why?” Sooyoung asked weirdly. “I just wanna say I’m sorry for how I acted earlier.” Jessica mumbled softly. She was a bit calmer now.

“I just don’t like it when Krystal around.” Jessica said.

“I know Jessica. You told me so many times. You dont want me to take advantage of Krystal. You’re just being a good sister, I understand that. But please trust me. I may be stupid, but I’m a good person.” Sooyoung tried to explain back.

Clearly Sooyoung was still clueless on why Jessica didn’t like it when Krystal’s around. “Sooyoung, it’s not you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter