Parmesan Eggplants

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “This is useless!!” Sooyoung threw her ps4 controller on the floor. She was sitting on the floor next to the sofa bed in front of the TV. She wanted to play her ps4 so badly but was clearly having difficulties using only one hand to operate the controller.

“Huh..” Jessica finally woke up from her 5 hours sleep. The time was already 8.30pm. “You’re awake!” Sooyoung smiled. “I thought you’re going to sleep forever.” Sooyoung mumbled. Jessica had her eyes half opened as she looked at the girl.

“God..” Jessica sighed as she closed her eyes back; and then she placed her arm on her forehead. She couldn’t believe that she had fallen asleep in Sooyoung’s apartment. “I should have gone home.” Jessica said.

Sooyoung picked up her controller again and tried to play a game again. She was using her left hand to use the controller. Jessica took a glance at the TV and then she was reminded of the phone call that she answered earlier this morning.

“Oh yeah, your pre-ordered game has arrived.” Jessica told Sooyoung with her eyes closed. She was still tired.

“WHATT????” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly.

“Too loud Soo.. I’m having a headache here.” Jessica said slowly.

“WHO TOLD YOU THAT???” Of course Sooyoung ignored her and kept on yelling out loud next to her. “Sooyoung, talk slowlyyyyyy.” Jessica started to whine.

“Who told you that?” Sooyoung whispered slowly, while she anticipated for an answer from Jessica.

“Hmm.. Best Game Store Ever.” Jessica replied.

“Oh my goddd, what’s the time nowwww!” Sooyoung stood up from the floor tried to look for the time. “8.35pm! I can still make it in timeee!!” Sooyoung exclaimed. She wanted to go to the game store to pick up the game. The store closes at 10pm.

“Urghh..” Jessica took a pillow and covered her face. Sooyoung was being too loud for her at the moment.

“Wait, it’s already 8.35pm??” Jessica threw the pillow away from her face. “Oh god..” Jessica slowly sat up on the bed. “I need to go home.” She mumbled as she ran her hair through her fingers.

“I feel stickyyyy.” Jessica said; feeling disgusted over her own body. It had been almost 24 hours since she last showered. “Eew, you haven’t showered since last night?” Sooyoung looked at her.

“Can I borrow a shirt?” Jessica asked looking so tired. She just couldn’t stand being sticky. At least when she had her shower, she would feel a bit fresh.

“Sure. But with one condition.” Sooyoung said.

“What Sooyoung?” Jessica sighed.

“Take me to the game store.” Sooyoung said shamelessly. She knew she couldn’t drive. “Take me to the store, and I will lend you a shirt.” Sooyoung smiled.

“It’s okay then. I’m just gonna shower at home.” Jessica was about to stand up from the bed when Sooyoung suddenly held on her leg. “Pleaseeeeeeeee!” Sooyoung was clearly desperate.

“I’ll lend you a shirt and buy you dinnerrrr.” Sooyoung pleaded. “Hmm..” Jessica started to think. She had not eaten anything yet the whole day, only the Popsicle Sooyoung gave her. “I want a chickpea burger and mint raita.” Jessica demanded with a straight face.

“Yes Yes whatever you want to eatttt.” Sooyoung begged. Although she had no clue what Jessica had said, she just agreed straightaway. “And hmm parmesan eggplants.” Jessica added with a smile. Even thinking about the food already made Jessica the happiest that night.

“Yes sure. Please take me to the game storeeee.” Sooyoung said.

“Alright then.” Jessica nodded her head. Sooyoung let go of her leg and stood up from the floor. She quickly went to her bedroom to take a towel and a shirt fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter