Miserable

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baby.. Please listen to me.” Sooyoung pleaded on the bed. Jessica at the time was wearing her clothes. She was beyond upset. “She kissed me. But I pushed her away.. I swear!” Sooyoung explained again. She had lost count on how many times she had explained it.

“So this is all in my head huh?” Jessica asked back sarcastically. “Jess…” Sooyoung whined. Jessica then picked up Sooyoung’s shirt that was on the floor and threw it to her since she was still not wearing anything.

Jessica then took her luggage and put all her clothes that she could find. “Why do you have to make this a big deal?” Sooyoung then stood up from the bed.

“Excuse me?” Jessica was surprised over Sooyoung’s remark. “I’m making this a big deal?” Jessica exclaimed loudly. “Yes you are.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“There’s nothing going on between me and your sister! Why is it so hard for you to understand?” Sooyoung yelled out as she went closer to the woman.

“Then why didn’t you tell me earlier??” Jessica cried out loud.

“I thought it won’t matter.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Well, you’re wrong then.” Jessica said and then she left the bedroom to go to the toilet so that she could take all her things.

“Babee…” Sooyoung followed her.

Jessica basically just ignored her. Once she was done putting everything in her luggage, she pulled her luggage beg out of the room.

“Look, I’m sorry for not telling you. I’m really really sorry. I was stupid. I’m always stupid, you know that.” Sooyoung pleaded. “Please don’t go. I need you.” She begged the woman.

“Relationship builds on honesty Sooyoung. That’s how I know I can trust you.” Jessica muttered seriously. “Right now, I don’t think I can trust you.” Jessica added. She was trying hard not to crack up in front of the girl.

“Don’t you think that sometimes honesty can break a relationship? Like right now! If I didn’t say that, we wouldn’t be like this!” Sooyoung blurted out. She was desperate. She didn’t know what else to say.

 “Unbelievable.” Jessica let out a deep sigh. Jessica couldn’t believe what she just heard. At that moment, she just couldn’t look at Sooyoung’s face anymore. She pushed the girl away and then left the apartment.

*****

Later that evening, Sooyoung met up with her mother at a restaurant for a late lunch since she was feeling so miserable the whole day ever since Jessica left the apartment. She tried calling the woman, but all of her calls were rejected on purpose by the woman. Even all her texts were not entertained.

She just didn’t know what to do. She felt like jumping out of the balcony of her apartment. Well, of course that was an exaggeration but that’s how miserable she was at the time. It was supposed to be the best weekend, but now because of her stupidity, everything changed.

Sooyoung ended up telling everything to her mother. “Mum, please help me.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly.

“Choi Sooyoung, you should have thought this through. Getting emotionally involved with sisters is not a wise decision.” Mrs Choi said with a straight face. “Mum, are you even listening to what I’m saying?” Sooyoung looked at her mother.

“Of course I am.” Mrs Choi nodded her head.

“I’m not dating both of them!” Sooyoung exclaimed back. “I don’t want her sister, I only want Jessica!” She added.

“Then why do you kiss her sister then? Are you that that you have to kiss her sister too??” Mrs Choi questioned boldly.  “Mum!!!!!” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly. Clearly Mrs Choi was not following Sooyoung’s story earlier. In the end, Sooyoung had to retell everything again. Then only she understood.

“Choi Sooyoung, you should have thought this through. You should have told her at the first place. When it comes to building a relationship, honesty and trust play a vital role.” Mrs Choi advised.

 “Mum, the girl kissed me out of nowhere. I pushed here right away!” Sooyoung defended herself.

“Are you even listening to what I’m saying? It’s not about who kissed who. It’s about you being honest to the person you love.” Mrs Choi responded. Sooyoung didn’t say a word after that.

“Jessica is an amazing girl. You have to figure out how to make things right with her again.” Mrs Choi instructed. “I don’t want you to lose her just because of your own stupidity. I like her. I want her to be part of the family.” She added.

Later that night, Sooyoung took a taxi to Jessica’s apartment. She needed to get her woman back. She would do anything to get Jessica back in her arms. “Okay Sooyoung, when she opened the door, just go straight for her lips.” Sooyoung was talking to herself in front of Jessica’s apartment.

“You can do this.” Sooyoung motivated herself. Then, she braved herself to knock on the door. She knocked on almost 7 times but no one opened the door. “Jess..” Sooyoung called out but still no response.

“Is she not home?” Sooyoung was wondering to herself. Sooyoung assumed that Jessica must be at her parents’ house. “I can’t go there.” Sooyoung mumbled again. She decided to call her mothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter