BBQ Chicken

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Home sweet home.” Sooyoung landed her body on her bed. She just got out of the shower. Before that, she made instant ramen for herself and ate in front of her big TV. She missed being in her own home. It had been 4 hours since she reached her apartment and it had been the happiest 4 hours of her life.

She was planning to sleep for 5 hours and then woke up called the chicken delivery place for dinner. It had been so long since she last had chicken. She was so happy at the time. If only she could play her ps4 that night, then her day would be even better.

The moment her eyes were about to close, she heard a knock on her front door. “Aishhh..” She groaned as she stood up from her bed and walked towards the door. As soon as she opened the door, she saw Jessica was standing there with a big paper bag on her hand. It looked heavy.

“Awww mannn..” Sooyoung whined as soon as she saw Jessica.

“Excuse me?” Jessica wasn’t expecting the reaction at all. “I wanted to eat chicken laterrrr..” Sooyoung whined before invited Jessica in. Wait, she didn’t invite Jessica in, the woman just walked her way inside her apartment.

“You go eat chicken then.” Jessica replied with a frown. She felt weird, what does chicken got to do with her being there.

“I can’t eat chicken if you’re aroundd..” Sooyoung whined. Remember she made a promise to Jessica before that she wouldn’t eat anything that is non-vegan in front of the woman.

“Aish Sooyoung, if you wanna eat chicken, you go ahead.” Jessica gave her a green light. Although she was hoping that Sooyoung wouldn’t eat it in front of her, she allowed it anyway. Plus it’s her birthday; Jessica wanted Sooyoung to do whatever she wanted that day.

“I’m not gonna eat chicken in front of you. What if you throw up?” Sooyoung mumbled innocently. At the time Sooyoung was sitting on the stool at the kitchen counter looking at Jessica who was pouring herself a glass of water at the time.

“Why would I throw up?” Jessica asked weirdly.

“I don’t know. Because of the smell maybe?” Sooyoung asked again.

“I’m not going to throw up.” Jessica assured her.

“What if I ordered fried BBQ chicken? Will you throw up?” Sooyoung asked another silly question.

“Why are we still talking about chicken and me throwing up? ” Jessica looked at Sooyoung weirdly.

“I don’t know.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. She was wondering why as well.

“Anyway, I want to thank you.” Jessica said softly after she took a sip of the cold water. “Thank you for what?” Sooyoung asked back.

“For today.” Jessica smiled.

“Mrs Smith told you?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes. They will fax the pre agreement documents by end of the day. But I still might to do the presentation next week.” Jessica said.

“Well, you should thank this stupid hand.” Sooyoung showed her hand to Jessica. “Well, thank you Sooyoung’s hand.” Jessica smiled.

“Seriously, this hand could come in handy sometimes.” Sooyoung was thinking something to herself. “Seriously if I go back to work in two weeks’ time with this bandaged hand, Seohyun would definitely listen to me.. and maybe manager Sunny would bow to me as well.” Sooyoung was smiling to herself like a crazy person.

And then she suddenly remembered something. “Wait, why the hell do I think that I’m still working there?” Sooyoung asked herself. Jessica had fired her the other day.

Jessica just chuckled. “Sooyoung, you can have your job back. I didn’t even tell HR anything about firing you. I made that decision because I was just upset at the time which I know it was unprofessional of me.” Jessica explained.

“Really?” Sooyoung asked back.

“Yes.” Jessica said before she took a sit on the stool opposite Sooyoung.  “You can have you job back okay.” Jessi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter