Lost Forever

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Deal. I’ll talk to her after the weekend.” Jessica agreed. “I want to be back at my apartment after the trip.” Sooyoung said. “Fine.” Jessica nodded her head. They reached the mall five minutes after that. “Have you gone hiking before?” Jessica asked as they entered an outdoor camping store inside the mall.

“Nope. This is my first time.” Sooyoung revealed honestly.

“Really? You are missing out so much in life.” Jessica commented.

“Hiking is for losers.” Sooyoung suddenly replied stupidly without even thinking. Jessica straightaway looked at her with a frown. “I am going to let that one go.” Jessica said positively as she stared at Sooyoung’s face.

“I won’t let your foolishness and your lack of respect on people feelings takes control over me.” She said with a straight face.

Then only Sooyoung realized what she had said. “No no no! I didn’t mean you. I meant other people. You are not a loser.” Sooyoung chuckled awkwardly. But seriously there was no covering up after what she said.

“Seriously, I have never met anyone as foolish as you. You just don’t think before you speak.” Jessica crossed her arms.

“That is not true! You clearly have never met my friend Hyoyeon. She’s even stupider than me.” Sooyoung replied back while smiling awkwardly. Of course she was stupider than Hyoyeon. She just used Hyoyeon name since Hyoyeon was the first name that came up to her mind.  

Jessica just stared at her and then she walked away so that she could look around the store and tried to forget whatever Sooyoung had said. “Seriouslyy. What is wrong with you Choi Sooyoung??!!” Sooyoung exclaimed to herself slowly as soon as Jessica walked away.

“Calm yourself Sooyoung. Think before you speak.” Sooyoung was comforting herself. “Okay. Everything will be alright.” Sooyoung said and then she followed Jessica around.

“So what are we looking for?” Sooyoung asked Jessica from behind. “The basic stuff.” Jessica said. “What basic stuff?” Sooyoung asked.

“10 most essential things you need to have before going on a hike are navigation, sun protection, insulation, illumination, first-aid supplies, fire, repair kit and tools, nutrition, hydration and emergency shelter.” Jessica said with confidence.

Sooyoung was impressed. “How the hell could you remember all that??” Sooyoung asked. “Oh well..” Jessica smiled proudly. “I couldn’t even remember my home address.” Sooyoung mumbled innocently. “You are really something.” Jessica looked at her. Sooyoung on the other hand just smiled widely at Jessica.

“Come.” Jessica held on Sooyoung’s arm to look at some of the compasses. “That’s a lot!” Sooyoung exclaimed. “I want this one!” Sooyoung quickly took a rainbow colored compass. “Why do you want that one?” Jessica asked.

“Because it’s pretty.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“You need to pick your compass based on few features. Stability, speed and durability. Not it’s color.” Jessica informed. “I used to own this one compass from this brand. It was the best one in the market.” Jessica showed Sooyoung a black compass which looked so hideous in Sooyoung’s eyes.

Jessica then took two of the compass and put it in a basket that she was hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter