Vegan Linguine

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Excuse me?” Jessica looked at Sooyoung in disbelief. “Do you think that I don’t have any other things to do?” She asked as she crossed her arms. Sooyoung looked back at her innocently. “Don’t you have deliveries??” Jessica asked to Kai seriously; even Kai started to get terrified looking at her.

“Hmm.. Hmm I’m sorry, we don’t deliver. Any pre-ordered games will have to be self-picked by the customers.” Kai tried to explain. “Aishh!” Jessica exclaimed to Sooyoung. “You know what, I feel like smacking your head now.” Jessica said.

“But if you said yes to Kai earlier, I would have gotten the game tonight” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. Kai was smiling while looking at the both of them.

“What so funny?” Jessica looked at Kai. Then, she looked back at Sooyoung. “Sooyoung, you have gotten the game! Here!!” Jessica took the game and showed it to Sooyoung. “What more do you wanttttt?” Jessica started to whine in front of Sooyoung. “I just want another one.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Why do you have to make so many editions of the same game???” Jessica exclaimed to Kai. All of a sudden Kai was being blamed. “Hmm.. It’s not us Miss. We just sell it.” Kai said nervously. 

“Urghh..” Jessica was getting restless. “Fine, after work tomorrow, I’ll stop by and pick the game myself!” Jessica finally came up with a solution. She had to be at the office tomorrow, so it would be a hassle for her to go to Sooyoung’s apartment and then back to the mall. Since the mall was just near to the office, it would just be easier for her to go straight there from the office.

“But I want come with you.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Aish Sooyoung! Just follow what the woman said!” Kai exclaimed to Sooyoung. He felt like he needed to say something. “Now, can we go eat??” Jessica asked with a serious face. The time was almost 9.30pm and she had not eaten anything.

“Alright fine.” Sooyoung sighed. She went to the counter to pay for the deluxe edition and then walked to Jessica. Jessica could see that Sooyoung was making a sulky face towards her.

“What now?” Jessica asked as they walked towards the basement parking. “You wouldn’t let me come with you.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. “Oh my god..” Jessica let out a long sigh.

“It’s the same damn game!” Jessica exclaimed. “You wouldn’t be able to play anyway.” Jessica said referring to Sooyoung’s thumb.

Sooyoung continued sulking and walked quickly ahead of Jessica. “Oh god..” Jessica sighed. Both of them went inside the car and Sooyoung was still sulking. “Choi Sooyoung, you do know that I have work tomorrow right?” Jessica asked a bit calmly.

“Yes.” Sooyoung pouted. “Make things easier for me a bit. Okay?” Jessica turned to look at Sooyoung. At that point she still couldn’t believe that she had to coax the girl; and she didn’t know why she was doing it. Usually, she would have gone mad if anyone asked her to do stuff like that.

“I will pick it up for you.” Jessica said again while driving. “Will you be busy tomorrow?” Sooyoung asked. “Yes. It’s a busy month for me.” Jessica said as she made a turn towards her favorite vegan restaurant.

“Let me help a bit on the email project.” Sooyoung suggested. “You are on medical leave. You are not allowed to work.” Jessica replied. “Give me something that I can do at home.” Sooyoung said again.

“Hmm.. I’ll think about it.” Jessica said as she parked the car.

Both of them went inside the restaurant and sat at a table at the corner of the restaurant. As soon as Sooyoung looked at the menu, she wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter