Feisty Woman

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time was already 2.30PM and they were not even boarding the plane yet. The flight was supposed to be at 2.30PM and they were still at the waiting gate since the plane was not even there. “Where is the plane Sooyoung?” Jessica asked softly as she was looking around for any flight attendance. Both Jessica and Sooyoung were sitting next to each other at the time.

“I don’t know.” Sooyoung looked around as well. Then, there was one flight attendance came to their gate. “Sooyoung, can you please go ask?” Jessica asked her to go to the flight attendance. She was so lazy to get up using the crutch. Plus her ankle was hurting a bit that time.

“Yeah sure. Be right back.” Sooyoung stood up from the chair and made her way to the counter. “Excuse me, when is the plane coming?” Sooyoung asked.

“I’m so sorry mam. The flight is delayed for 30 minutes. I’m deeply apologized.” The flight attendance replied.

“Hmm okay.” Sooyoung said and then she went back to Jessica.

“Delayed for half an hour.” Sooyoung told.

“Why?” Jessica asked. She wanted to know the reason why the flight had been delayed.

“Hmm I didn’t ask.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. “Wait, let me go ask again.” Sooyoung was about to go back to the counter before Jessica quickly held her arm. “It’s only for 30 minutes right?” Jessica asked back. “That’s what she said.” Sooyoung sat back on the chair next to Jessica.

“Better hope she’s right.” Jessica muttered.

*****

Two hours later they were still there. Jessica had fallen asleep on Sooyoung’s lap while Sooyoung on the other hand was reading the gaming magazine Mrs Choi bought for her with her earphones plugged in.

“Look at them mum.” Soojin muttered slowly to her mother. She and Mrs Choi were sitting on the chairs opposite of Sooyoung and Jessica.

Mrs Choi looked at Sooyoung and Jessica and she smiled as a response to Soojin. “Mum, are you listening to me?” Soojin asked again. “Yes I am. What about them?” Mrs Choi asked back. At the time Mrs Choi was playing candy crush on Soojin’s phone.

“Why are they so closed?” Soojin asked weirdly.

“I like that they are closed. At least I won’t feel that guilty anymore.” Mrs Choi replied as she was referring to all the things Sooyoung did to Jessica. “You like that they are closed?” Soojin questioned. “Yes Soojin. I like that Sooyoung is closed with Jessica. She can learn a lot from her.” Mrs Choi explained further.

“What could Sooyoung possibly learn from her?” Soojin asked back. “Look at her Soojin. She’s young, rich and successful.” Mrs Choi replied back.

“Mum, she’s the VP of the bank because her family owns it.” Soojin rolled her eyes. “It’s a family business mum.” Soojin added. Mrs Choi didn’t say anything back.

“You don’t like her Soojin?” Mrs Choi asked her daughter with a frown.

“I didn’t say that.” Soojin quickly said. “Think about it mum, why would someone like her want to be close to people like us ” Soojin questioned.

“People like us?” Mrs Choi questioned back her daughter.

“You know what I meant. I just don’t want her to take advantage of us.” Soojin explained.  

“Seriously Soojin, we don’t even have any advantage at the first place for her to take. There’s literally nothing she can take from us.” Mrs Choi chuckled.

“Don’t think too much Soojin. I can tell that she’s a wonderful person. I just pity her that she has to be around that silly daughter of mine.” Mrs Choi continued.

“I hope you’re right mum.” Soojin looked at the both of them.

******

The time was almost 5PM and they were still there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter