For The Next Forever

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“THE SOOJIN!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT???” Sooyoung couldn’t believe what she just heard.

“Why are you yelling at me?? I did the right thing!” Soojin defended herself. “I can’t let anyone treat my sister like that!” She explained.

“EXCUSE ME???” Jessica interfered.

“You deserve it!!” Soojin looked at Jessica. “I know you are rich and all, but you can’t treat people like us like that!” Soojin exclaimed.

“GOD SOOJIN!! ENOUGHH!!” Sooyoung screamed. There was a lot of screaming that time. “Jessica, I’m so so sorry, there has been a slight misunderstanding.” Sooyoung started to explain.

“What misunderstanding???” Soojin looked at her sister. “Under the Korean Standard Labor Act, states that an employer cannot dismiss an employee during or within 30 days following, any period of leave for medical treatment for an industrial injury.” Soojin quoted the exact law that she read yesterday before submitting the complaint. She had read and understood the law thoroughly.

“WHAT INDUSTRIAL INJURYY???” Jessica questioned back.

“YOU INJURED MY SISTER’S THUMB WHILE SHE WAS AT WORK!!” Soojin grabbed Sooyoung’s hand and showed the wrapped thumb in front of Jessica’s face.

“Can everyone please be quiet??!” Mrs Choi exclaimed loudly. Everyone went silent. “Can we please at least sit down and discuss this issue nicely like civilized people??” Mrs Choi cried out loud.

Sooyoung was so much in stressed; her was sweating so badly. She felt like dying at that moment, dying would be much better than facing her boss and her family. Mrs Choi then instructed everyone to sit at the living room and she requested everyone to wait for her since she wanted to go to the toilet for a while.

Sooyoung was really sweating as she glanced at Jessica who was still fuming in anger. Soojin on the other hand was calm because she knew she did the right thing (unknowingly of course.) “Calm down Choi Sooyoung. Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright. You can go eat your chicken again peacefully later.” Sooyoung was mumbling the words so slowly to herself.

Suddenly Jessica’s phone rang and she quickly answered the phone. “Daddy, I might have to cancel the lunch meeting, something came up. I’m so sorry.” Jessica said seriously.

Mrs Choi came to the living room and sat on the couch facing everyone. “So what happened exactly Ms Jessica?” Mrs Choi looked at Jessica.

“As I said earlier, I received an official court letter from the ministry of employment and labor stating that your daughter over here had submitted a complaint against me. I was charged for conducting a wrongful termination on her where I had violated the law by terminating her because she took a 10 days medical leave. ” Jessica explained seriously. She was trying so hard to remain calm because deep down she felt like choking Sooyoung.

Jessica handed the letter to Mrs Choi and she took it. “There will be a court hearing?” Mrs Choi asked while she read the whole letter.

“This F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter