Chicken Ramen

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sooyoung, I know you want chicken, but I’m not comfortable cooking it for you.” Jessica confessed. She asked Sooyoung earlier on what she wanted to it, and the girl said fried chicken. Jessica has been a vegan ever since she was 18. The thought of cooking meat was stressing her out and it was just plain wrong.

“Hmm okay.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly looking at her damaged thumb. There was blood all over the bandage. “Can I just make you this?” Jessica showed Sooyoung a ramen that she found in one of the kitchen cabinets. Sooyoung nodded her head.

“Do you eat this always?” Jessica asked as she went through Sooyoung’s kitchen looking for a pot for her to cook the ramen. “Hmm I don’t know.” Sooyoung didn’t want to answer. She was afraid she would get lectured by the woman for eating junk.

“These are unhealthy.” Jessica lectured her anyway. “They are low in nutritive content, high on fat, calories and sodium.” Jessica started to nag. Then she finally found a pot which was placed under the sink. She washed the pot first before using it.

“Don’t get me started on additives, preservatives, and artificial colors that they put in it.” Jessica continued nagging while she filled the pot with filtered water. She was relieved at least Sooyoung had her water filtered.

 “Do you really have to nag at 2.45AM?” Sooyoung asked.

“Excuse me?” Jessica turned to look at Sooyoung. “I can nag you whenever I want.” Jessica said and then she turned back again to look at the pot. “Women who eat this twice a week or more had a higher risk of metabolic syndrome than those who eat less.” Of course Jessica continued talking about the subject.

“Oh god..” Sooyoung groaned out loud. Jessica smiled the moment she heard it. Her back was facing Sooyoung at the time since she was cooking the ramen on the stove.

“You need to consume fresh and healthy food.” Jessica turned to look at Sooyoung. Sooyoung frowned looking at the woman indicating that she was getting bored with the subject.

“I don’t think I will be going back at this hour.” Jessica looked at her watch. It was just too late. She then folded both of her sleeves and turned back to the pot. She was waiting for the water to boil before putting in the noodles.

“Come sleep with me on my bed.” Sooyoung was smiling like an idiot.

“Do you want your other thumb to get crushed?” Jessica asked seriously while putting the noodles.

Sooyoung immediately stopped smiling. All of a sudden, the mean VP was back.

“I’ll just crash on your sofa.” Jessica said while stirring the pot. “Seriously, how can people eat this?” Jessica was rambling to herself while looking at the ramen. Jessica then turned off the stove and looked for a bowl.

“Down there.” Sooyoung pointed to the cabinet. Jessica opened the cabinet and saw there were only one bowl and one plate.

“You don’t have guests coming here?” Jessica asked as she took the bowl. “I do. The other day my friends came over for waffles.” Sooyoung said innocently.

Jessica just smiled as she put the bowl in front of Sooyoung and then she poured the ramen inside the bowl. “How am I supposed to eat?” Sooyoung asked looking at her right hand. All her fingers on that hand were numb.

“You have two hands right? Use the other one.” Jessica replied with a frown.

“I was hoping for you to feed me.” Sooyoung said. She was joking of course.

“Use the other hand.” Jessica said seriously before she took the pot to the sink. Sooyoung was just smiling while she glanced at her boss. Somehow she was having fun teasing the woman.

Sooyoung ate the ramen noodles vigorously; she was starving. Jessica on the other hand was washing the pot in the sink. Then, she took a wet cloth and started to wipe the stove and kitchen counter. She was always meticulous in the kitchen.

“Do you want some?” Sooyoung asked.

“I don’t eat ramen. Plus, it’s chicken.” Jessica replied while she was still wiping the stove area.

“But there’s no chicken meat in it.” Sooyoung responded innocently. “I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear that.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

As soon as she was done with it, she washed her hands and wiped it using a dry cloth. Then she opened Sooyoung’s fridge. “My god, what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter