You

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RING RING RING RING

“Who is it?” Sooyoung asked with full of chicken ramen. There were at a Japanese restaurant at the mall. Jessica looked at the screen of her phone and saw it was from the office. “Work.” Jessica replied before she forked on her Spring Mix Salad with Miso dressing.

She didn’t feel like answering it so she decided to let the phone rang by itself. “Before we leave for Tokyo, we need to get your thumb checked again.” Jessica said while munching on her salad.  

“Wait, when are we leaving for Tokyo?” Sooyoung asked. She remembered that next week she might need to go back to work.

“In 3 days.” Jessica replied softly. That was the first time she was excited to go to an exhibition. Usually, she would give a thousand of excuses for her not to go. Partly because Sooyoung would be going with her.

“I don’t think I can go baby.” Sooyoung mumbled innocently.

“Huh? How come?” Jessica asked in surprise.

“I have to go back to work on Monday. My boss said just now that the team has to go back to the office. We can’t work at The Lounge anymore.” Sooyoung mumbled again.

Jessica just laughed after she heard it. “You know that doesn’t apply to you right?” Jessica smiled looking at her innocent looking girlfriend.

“I don’t want you to treat me differently.” Sooyoung replied with a frown.

“Wait, I have to date other people in the team too?” Jessica asked acting like she was surprised. She was trying to lighten up the mood of course. She knew Sooyoung must still be thinking about what happened earlier.

“Jessss…” Sooyoung whined. Jessica just smiled as a response. “You know what I mean..” Sooyoung started to sulk.

“Look Sooyoung, that’s how it is now. Dating me comes with perks.” Jessica smiled. She was trying to make things simple for Sooyoung to understand.

 “But I really don’t want you to treat me differently than the others.” Sooyoung emphasized again. “I think you have been getting different treatments already..” Jessica replied. “I found out that you are the only executive level who has a parking space at the basement. Out of 206 executives working in CBS, you are the only one.” Jessica looked at her. Basement parking is only for managers and above.

“And I know that your basic salary has been more than what an executive should be.” Jessica added again.

“I worked hard for it..” Sooyoung sulked. It’s true though. Even though she had been wanting to quit, she still work her off for the past 6 years. She was the best contact center agent for 5 years in a row. No one had ever achieved that.

“I know you do baby. So what difference does it make now?” Jessica smiled before she drank her cup of green tea. Sooyoung was frowning as she looked at the woman.

“You have to work too on Monday right?” Sooyoung asked. “Yes. I do.” Jessica nodded her head. “Why can’t I just go with you to the office then?” Sooyoung asked again.

“I’ll think about it.” Jessica muttered. “As much as I still think that the bank is a hole, I always take my work seriously.” Sooyoung blurted out.

 “Okay, I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear that.” Jessica looked at Sooyoung.

“Jess.. Please. I feel so guilty right now. I haven’t been doing anything.” Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter