Crazy

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you still having a fever my dear?” Mrs Choi asked softly to Jessica. They four of them were having dinner at Jessica’s favorite vegan place to celebrate Sooyoung’s birthday. That was the first time in the longest of years they celebrated Sooyoung’s birthday with an extra one person. Usually it would only be the three of them.

“I’m feeling a bit better now.” Jessica smiled. Soojin on the other hand was frowning while she was flipping through the menu. “What the are all these Sooyoung..” She whispered next to Sooyoung referring to the menu. That was her first time being in a vegan restaurant.

“Soojin, vegan food is delicious you have no idea.” Sooyoung whispered back not wanting Jessica to hear. “Tell me Sooyoung, how is chickpea cashew curry delicious?” Soojin felt like throwing up. To her, curry must always have chicken or maybe beef in it.

“Ewww.. Don’t order stuff like that!” Sooyoung replied. The thought of it also made her would want to throw up. “Look at the pasta selection.” Sooyoung instructed as she flipped the menu for Soojin.

“Jessica, what do you recommend me to eat here?” Mrs Choi asked.

“I can do the ordering if you guys are okay with it..” Jessica said and she awkwardly looked at Soojin. “That would be great.” Mrs Choi agreed so Jessica did all the ordering for both Soojin and Mrs Choi except for Sooyoung. The birthday girl wanted to order for herself.

“Sooyoung honey, I have a surprise for you.” Mrs Choi revealed a gift for her daughter. “Oh great..” Sooyoung smiled awkwardly. She knew it would be something ridiculous again. Judging from the shape and the size of the gift, Sooyoung could sense that it must have been a book.

“Open it.” Mrs Choi said excitedly. Jessica was just smiling to herself looking at the family.

Sooyoung opened it and saw Mrs Choi had given her two books, how to flirt with a warewolf and the other one was how long you should wait to have . The covers of the books were so weird that Sooyoung couldn’t even look at it. Then Sooyoung showed both two books to Jessica.

Jessica was shocked as well. Those were the exact books Mrs Choi was telling her the other day on the plane. “These two books are like the best books in the whole wide world!” Mrs Choi exclaimed excitedly.

“I see you and your friends have decided on the next book.” Jessica smiled awkwardly. “Yes we did. Maybe you can read that one first Jessica so Sooyoung you can read how to flirt with the warewolf first.” Mrs Choi was instructing them.

“And then next week, maybe you can join us on our first meeting of the book club for the new book.” Mrs Choi looked at Jessica.

“Will read if I have the time Mrs Choi. I might be a bit busy next week.” Jessica said. It would definitely be uncomfortable to be having a discussion with a few middle aged women about how long to wait to have .

“Oh god. I think I might need to go to the toilet.” Sooyoung said after she stared at the cover of the hairy warewolf kissing a woman. The image made her felt nausea. Sooyoung then excused herself to the toilet.

“Jessica, we bought strawberry marshmallow cake for her but I think there’s egg in it. We didn’t know you were coming tonight.” Soojin informed. If she knew she would have ordered a different one. The cake was not vegan and eggs were not part of Jessica’s vegan diet.

“It’s okay.” Jessica didn’t really mind actually.

“By the way, thank you for bringing my car.” Jessica thanked Soojin. Both Mrs Choi and Soojin came with two cars. Later Soojin would go back with Mrs Choi instead. “No worries. Can you drive already?” Soojin asked.

“I think so.” Jessica said. Her ankle was not as hurt as before.

Sooyoung came back to her seat and all of them had a lovely and enjoyable dinner. Jessica ordered Soojin lemony asparagus and pistachio pesto pasta. At first she wanted to throw the plate away, but the moment she tasted it, she felt like she was in a different universe.

Jessica couldn’t help but to chuckle at her response. Sooyoung ordered herself three plates of pasta. She was being greedy. “Since it’s my birthday, I’m entitled to be greedy.” She said earlier. “You’re always greedy.” Soojin responded.

Of course being greedy didn’t give her any use. She only managed to eat one plate of it. “Jessica, help me finish this.” Sooyoung said to Jessica with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter