Cancer Foundation

More Like Me: The Prequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“As the President of South Korea Cancer Resource Foundation, a daughter and as a woman, I realize that the risks are not worth taking where our health is concerned. Through early detection and education, we can save lives. Please join me and help win the fight to raise awareness. With the opening of this new rehabilitation center, it marks another step forward for us, South Korea in the fight against this deadly disease. Thank you.” Jessica concluded her opening speech during the event.

Everyone was clapping their hands as soon as Jessica ended the speech. “WOOOT WOOTT PRESIDENTTT JUNGGG!!” Sooyoung cheered out loud while clapping her hands enthusiastically from the audience. Of course everyone was looking at her. Jessica couldn’t help but to smile looking at the girl while she went down the stage. “Sooyoung, you’re embarrassing me.” Jessica smiled as she approached Sooyoung.

“WOOOOOHOOOO PRESIDENT VEGAN JUNGGG!!” Sooyoung yelled out loud.

“ CANCER FOUNDATION FOR LIFEEE!!”

“VEGAN FOR LIFE!!”

“PRESIDENT JUNG FOR LIFEEE!”

“That’s enough Soo.” Jessica whispered next to her. She was starting to get embarrassed for real since everyone was basically staring at them.

Sooyoung just laughed seeing her boss’ reaction. She was having the best time at the event. Never in her life had she attended a formal event like that. Besides all that, she got to attend the event alongside the most important person in the room.

 “Ms Jessica, that was a great speech, as always.” Someone came to them and shook Jessica’s hand. “Thank you so much.” Jessica let out a warm smile.

“Are you part of the foundation?” Suddenly the person turned to look at Sooyoung. “No, but I would love to be part of the foundation. Cancer Foundation for life right??” Sooyoung smiled widely. Jessica on the other hand just rolled her eyes.

“Great, we always welcome new members.” The woman smiled and then asked Sooyoung to come with her so that she could fill in a form for her to be a member. While Sooyoung was following the woman, she turned around to look at Jessica and then gave her a thumbs up.

“Come back here.” Jessica mouthed with a smile.

“After I fill up the form!” Sooyoung replied and then she turned around again to chase up the woman.

“Seriously this girl..” Jessica mumbled to herself with a smile. Then a few of the event committees went up to her for a chat. A lot of people came up to her. She thought she was the only center of attention that day. Apparently she was wrong. People had their attention towards Sooyoung as well.

 

“Yeah, I didn’t cry at all when President Jung slammed the car door to my thumb!” Sooyoung was telling the story about her thumb. Everyone was crowding her to listen to her interesting story. “I was so brave when the doctor removed the whole nail!” She told again.

“Really??” Everyone was amazed.

“I had three stitches on my nail bed!” She was telling enthusiastically.

“Oh my god!” The people were shocked to learn about the stitches.

“It’s still bleeding till now. See?” Sooyoung showed her wrapped thumb. There was still a bit of blood. “Oh my.. Ms Sooyoung, you are so brave..” Everyone was praising her.

Of course Jessica overheard the conversation and could see so many people were overcrowding the girl. “Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter